Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > MY SEARCH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justmi12
Msg: 1
view profile
History
MY SEARCH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLYPage 1 of 1    
Why is my search not working when it has been fine until this morning??!! I've even tried it on 8 miles and all it does is bring up the Grimsby area on every single page and theres about 40+ pages and not my local area. I'm about 50 mile from Grimsby!!! i want my local area only as I had before it's crazy and soooooo annoying. I'm not on a phone i'm on a lap top. What's going on?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 2
view profile
History
MY SEARCH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY
Posted: 7/1/2018 4:52:14 AM
"Why is my search not working when it has been fine until this morning??!! I've even tried it on 8 miles and all it does is bring up the Grimsby area on every single page and theres about 40+ pages and not my local area. I'm about 50 mile from Grimsby!!! i want my local area only as I had before it's crazy and soooooo annoying. I'm not on a phone i'm on a lap top. What's going on?"

I'm no really a techy so I'm no so sure. But what is so horrifying in your photie with the chair?
You look aghast missus

You never bumped into 10ky did you?

Messages this short may not be posted malarky
Messages this short etc etc etc
Still too short apparently
And once again.

Nice day up here in Edinburgh. I was dug sitting last night.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/1/2018 8:44:19 AM
Likely a maintenance issue...........
Log out, clear cookies & re-try.
It will probably sort itself out within 24 hours..........

No doubt Match.com technical are busy sorting this
as we speak, using Blu-Tac & Post-It notes, as usual.

10ky
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/1/2018 11:34:06 PM
Rabbit, mate, this is a chick for you. In your place, I'd switch on the charm and flaunt the cash.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/3/2018 1:27:49 PM
Everyone else on here calls me 'Bunny'.............
Do you think you might stretch a point & do likewise?
Ta muchly...........

PollyR107
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 3:08:46 PM
OP, I think it's a glitch. Happened to me quite a few times before when I used basic search.

Try using advanced search. This should display singles in your local areas. Give it a few days and the basic search function will be back to normal. I don't have any explanations but it's just my observation.

Best of luck.
 10ky
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/5/2018 2:42:31 AM
Rabbit, man, it's precisely cause everyone else calls u that that I don't.. what other names would you be happy to be referred to by? Ta. X
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/9/2018 2:37:28 PM
Youngsters eh! No sense of decorum. pof Search, if you really ask deep and meaningful questions, like "show me women in Bradford who are vegetarian cycling bookworms" and you get lesbian train drivers from Colchester.
I had wondered if paid for subs get you a working interest search, but I've no desire to pay to find out. I doubt it.
From whence it was inaugurated, until the minute it died a few weeks ago, the government mandated job search website remained buggy. You'd search for jobs local and be given additional jobs from some random town 72 miles away.
Cynics said it was so the gov can claim there's more jobs than there is, and so bash all the workday lazy feckless unwashed unemployed for not trying harder.
Though in truth half the jobs are the same job but advertised by different agencies, and through different jobsite that repost their jobs back in the gov site. So one job appears sometimes as many as 17 times because for instance it's syndicated by perhaps 5 agencies, and then reposted by indeed, reed, CV library and monster.

If you don't believe me, spend an hour looking. Some agencies are so lazy they'll use exactly the same blurb to describe the client "local company which is highly regarded in the field of ********* expanding with export jobs" or whatever.
I.T is crap. Unless someone in charge bothers to manage the development adequately.
As for the ongoing tsb problems...
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:07:34 AM
So 4 weeks down the line & my health centre site has finally worked out that I exist
(after numerous visits, phone calls & emails)
but it's alright, it's only taxpayers money being pi**ed up the wall
(again)
............Pof runs on click revenue - not sure about Match, but as a member of OKC
I'm fairly sure they get a kickback off the zillions of scammers.............

Aggers
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2018 8:32:19 PM
My search has not worked properly for 3/4 months now!

It keeps defaulting to

25 miles:
Prefer Not to Say to Has Children:
and
Prefer Not to say to Body type:

This brings up 6 people, max. Every search I do then has to be manually changed in all 3 criteria, to what I require (15 miles. Anything and Anything) it never saves them either?

To be frank, even then, the results are still utterly disappointing but, hey ho!
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/5/2018 12:47:04 PM
yes, thats POF search for you. Every time I waste 15 minutes searching for the perfect woman, I first have to retick the ethnicity box to my preference. But it often remembers the last country I was searching in. Weird. But at least it works better than the interest search that give you a single page of all sexes with that interest but from the US.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > MY SEARCH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY