Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ambrsa
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile reviewPage 1 of 1    
Looking to be able to revamp my profile. I am trying to see what would make my profile work better for me. I do seem to get some views but very few messages. The only reason I specifiaclly mention using fertility treatments is o that guys know that they will not have to worry about drama with another guy.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 2
Profile review
Posted: 7/3/2018 3:45:45 PM
Is the wording correct regarding fertility treatments? Do you mean you used a sperm bank to conceive a baby? Its not quite the same thing. Either way, you should save such personal info for when you meet someone in person and the subject of the childs father comes up.
 ambrsa
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile review
Posted: 7/3/2018 3:59:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestion I went in and changed that.
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Profile review
Posted: 7/7/2018 10:11:50 PM
A few quick suggestions if you're still looking...

- photos with big smiles are important.
- full length casual photos are important.
- no obvious selfies.
- outdoor shots with just you are good.

Do mention something you love about your work - guys want to know you're not simply looking for a wallet.
You mention you have a son- a viewer will want to know how old and if there is shared custody. (You can simply say you have 1 son, age whatever and you have full custody) If you are open to meeting someone with a child(ren) at home too, say so.

Is there a particular character or personality type you are hoping to meet? If yes, mention it. If you are open to men of all ethnicities, mention it. If not, don't. There is also no reason you can't initiate messages to men YOU find interesting, too. Good luck!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile review
Posted: 7/8/2018 3:04:25 AM
My comment is more about personal appearance. Doing things men like to do, that's attractive. Being low maintenance, that can be seen as attractive. That doesn't mean a guy will necessarily overlook a woman not being feminine in their attire. You can still dress down and be sexy. Wear more feminine clothes. Men show interest based on looks to start with. No getting around that.
 SupermanATX
Msg: 6
Profile review
Posted: 8/17/2018 11:49:18 AM
You only have 2 pics. Nobody is going to take you seriously with only 2 pics. You need at least 3 more pics. You can do it!
 hemingway234
Msg: 7
Profile review
Posted: 8/19/2018 8:16:51 AM

My comment is more about personal appearance. Doing things men like to do, that's attractive. Being low maintenance, that can be seen as attractive. That doesn't mean a guy will necessarily overlook a woman not being feminine in their attire. You can still dress down and be sexy. Wear more feminine clothes. Men show interest based on looks to start with. No getting around that.

- I agree....... a makeover or simply dressing up in a dress for some pics could help.... men like an attractive woman and I don't think your pictures are doing you justice.
 Norasings
Msg: 8
Profile review
Posted: 8/20/2018 1:15:01 PM
She is presenting an image of who she truly is. I respect that, and so will her match. Who wants a phony?
Maybe a smile and something about your work in the medical field. You must have many virtues.
Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review