Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What a scorcher      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PollyR107
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What a scorcherPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi, how's everyone doing in this heat?

I've been in Edinburgh this week for some work related stuff, staying in this beautiful 4-5 star hotel that has no air conditioning. I can barely sleep at night and get up feeling tired😓. The hotel provides a small electric fan in the room though but I don't fine it very helpful. Well, I'm going home later today. Not sure what the heat is like down in Yorkshire.

So how are you guys coping in this heat? What's it like in your local area? Feel free to share your tips how to keep cool (if you don't have air conditioning). I'd love to have some ice cream to cool me down but I have to watch my weight, lol.

Take care in this scorching weather, folks xx.
 10ky
Msg: 2
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 2:40:31 AM
Is just plain awful, love. I cannae take it no more. It's hitting 31 degrees down here with 80% humidity. Feels like dying. On the other hand, the ladies go around half naked in weather like this, which, you know, is a pleasure to the, erm, well, lets say the eye. Well worth losing one's soul over I says. Anyway, drink plenty of water/electrolyte (Though you being a nurse wouldn't need that kind of advice).
 feirene
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 4:59:01 AM
I'm in lancashire (you see the penines in yourkshire? i am behind those) and it's hot but not too bad, last week as worse and had a few days of really unbearable heat.
I've got a 9 inch fan on here, one of those big ones, and it's doing the job just fine but yeah we don't have AC here as we hardly get any sun.
Have an ice cream, one won't hurt. :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 5:14:27 AM
Looks like it's going to drop to a mere 23 degrees on the 18th.
 Jacknher
Msg: 5
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 6:47:22 AM
@Polly

Hi,
I was also in Edinburgh for a couple of days last week.......and had a top tour guide who mixed sightseeing with a bit of a pub crawl.
Great couple of days wandering about.

No air con in my Edinburgh hotel either.....and the thickest duvet I have ever seen on the bed.....but on the third floor and a lovely breeze with the window open so was quite comfortable sleeping on top of the bed instead of in it.

Back home in Northumberland and absolutely no idea what the temperature is.........but having just been made redundant last week......I can honestly there have to be worse times of the year to be suddenly unemployed and able to spend my days walking along the river or just generally being out and about.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 6
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 6:50:34 AM
Well I dunno, it’s still cardigan weather surely?

(I’ve air con, electric and mini fans)

I’ve been momentarily cheered up today with news of ‘trump baby’ being given the go ahead to fly.
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 7
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 6:57:29 AM
Hi Polly, it’s a challenge keeping cool 😎 I’ve never used a fan, I’ve moved into the back of the house facing west so cooler at night, quiet also so I have the window open, I’m at home so can sit in my beachwear 🙈 I’m pretty much on top of the garden which is a good thing as it’s way too hot for gardening.
Keep cool guys...it’s hot hot hot out there.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 7:51:59 AM
I've just been looking at the long range forecast and the next rain is due to come on ............................August Bank Holiday

Ditch the hosepipes - the River Teme in Herefordshire is already dried up in places.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 9:52:30 AM
Bring it on! One of my fringe benefits is getting some afternoons out in the sunshine.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 11:57:27 AM
I thought you were all joking about the heat. Your temps would be a real relief.

Just got back from Las Vegas, it was 46 c, of course with the low humidity, it feels like 46c. Like my brother says, it's dry heat, like a pizza oven. He has two central air cons, one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

Even the scorpions don't like that sort of heat and try to get inside the house.

Then I got back to Chicago, it was 33c, but with the humidity it feels like 39c. Just got back inside from mowing the lawn, I had to get inside a couple of times just to cool off before finishing.
 Hostess68
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 12:06:33 PM
I'm sat under a fan arf naked c0vered in B00ts f00t cream
S0me 0f my keyb0ard d0nt w0rk
G0t n0 0
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 2:04:58 PM
Hi folks,

I`m here in a very very hot hot hot Altofts in West Yorkshire only 4 miles from the Xscape leisure complex and I`ve been soaking up lots of hours of sun.

I have spent today re painting the picnic benches in the beer garden of my friendly local pub the miners arms, and I gladly accepted a few welcome free beers for my efforts...Ya just cant beat it !!!!!
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 13
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 2:28:20 PM
Ha ha ha, hostess, you got no o’s...got any forkandles ??
 PollyR107
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 3:01:21 PM
I think humidity plays a role as well. It feels more comfortable here at home in Donny than in the hotel room in Edinburgh I spent the past 3 nights. But I'll have to keep the window open tonight, I really need a good night sleep. Tomorrow is another full day at work.

@feirene, I love ice cream very much. Having one (won't hurt) but I can rarely stop at one, lol. I can keep going:)
 feirene
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/5/2018 10:04:03 PM
I ate a full tub of ice cream today, not all at once because i'm not greedy lol.
 rekirked
Msg: 16
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/6/2018 2:50:11 PM
Well I’m loving it, I’ve recently got back from Spain so I’ve acclimatised just in time. Maybe we can officially stop banging on about the summer of 76 if this one beats it.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 17
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/7/2018 9:40:45 AM
Ahhh............the summer of 76......I remember it well :)
 squareslice
Msg: 18
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/7/2018 7:18:55 PM
Had ma Specialized tan for weeks n just about to shave my head... cannae handle this... beard is already gone...
 PollyR107
Msg: 19
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 3:33:18 AM
@squareslice.

Can you share a pic? Will be interesting to see your new look😀
 10ky
Msg: 20
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 5:33:54 AM
lol, Polly, what's he supposed to look like? By extrapolation, given that he looked like a "skeletrified"/half-mummified, ole, feeble bastarr with long hair, he'll now look like a "skeletrified"/half-mummified, ole, feeble bastarr with a shaved heid. Obvious, no? xD
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 21
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 7:29:22 AM
^^^ Looks like someone doesn't like the attention being focused on someone else. Classic narcissistic behaviour.
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 22
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 10:16:49 AM
I thought that too Polly, if I’m going to the O H I wanna see the pics first 😂😂😂
 billybonds
Msg: 23
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 1:33:00 PM
Scorchio 2 ...

Working at gatwick tomorrow....not doing much.. it's been a year...of this ...and now coupled with heat and
A plethora of easy jet plane noise (one in three) it's beginning to grate. You can have too much of a good thing. Still something's happening Wednesday beside my birthday and ...... .......and on Friday I have to attend a business forum . Which is perplexing me.
 squareslice
Msg: 24
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 3:52:49 PM
Ahem... I am now balder than our resident wee choob

Afore ye ask, this was not for cancer... was personal choice n missed a shift cos my clippers gave up about 80% through n shops here dinna open til 12 on a Sunday... lazy gits
 PollyR107
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What a scorcher
Posted: 7/8/2018 4:01:03 PM
I like your new look and it makes a nice profile photo, squareslice. Thanks for sharing:)

I have very long hair and like to let it down. Not very comfy in this heat. But hey, I love my hair and it's nice and shiny, there's no way I'm cutting it short or shaving my hair. Lol.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What a scorcher