Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Being stood up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Garpin
Msg: 1
Being stood upPage 1 of 1    
Have many of you guys been stood up by ladies in here, I've had a lot and I'm interested to know if it's just me. I'm in Melb and after what seemed to be useful constructive chats and then a mutual agreement on a place to meet, nothing. I think people here should be more respectful. Obviously some ladies are just here for the fun of chat, and others don't really know what they want.
Maybe we could do a register of ladies who to stay clear of and not waste your time.
 FishingFraserCoast
Msg: 2
Being stood up
Posted: 7/19/2018 8:04:04 AM
I don't think a register would be allowed.

I am a woman & I would never do that to someone I had arranged to meet. The only thing I can think of, without seeing your history obviously, is maybe you're too pushy?

I have been late to meetings, but always let the other party know, equally let them know if meeting not a possibility - seek elsewhere.

A lot of people on POF use POF as a chatting forum, and that is the destination and goal they want from POF, being talking online. Until I speak to someone one-on-one, make eye contact, as well as see the 95% of other crucial non-verbal cues of communication, then we wouldn't talk for long. I personally use POF as a tool, in order to find and meet the person I am best compatible with, and hopefully have the best chance at a successful relationship (with all that nitty gritty out of the way).

I was stung early: chatted to someone for a long time, never online dated before, and would never chat so long again. Minimise that, there is no way to explain instant connection, instant dislike, and outright chemistry, that can only be determined in person.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Being stood up