Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Modern dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Modern datingPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
"In these modern times of apparent equality…it does make me wonder if western women would be prepared to take up the traditional role of the man, risk being reject by letting the man, know she is interested and be persistent in getting him to date her>even if he rejects her?? court the man, pick him up for dates, pay for the dates, buy him gifts, open doors for him, initiate sex etc"

Ladies have you approached men you fancied and risked getting rejected?
Have you ever treated a male date to a meal?
Have you ever picked up a male for a date?
Have you ever opened the door for a male date and pulled a chair out for him?
Have you ever given flowers or chocolates to a male date?
Have you ever initiated sex with a male date?
Have you ever approached a man, that you were interested in and been rejected?
Is equality just a made up word and does not apply to the rules of dating?
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 9:33:21 AM
This has been going on since people began, just because society says this or that is what is acceptable, doesn't mean that's how humans actually behave. Why do people think otherwise? All you have to do is look around.

Why would equality be a made up word...other than the fact that all words are made up. The answer to this is that it depends on each and every person.
 moraima
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 9:52:37 AM
("In these modern times of apparent equality)

How is your post about equality?
If it was, both the woman and the man would be doing all the things you list when dating each other.
Which in many cases is exactly what happens when dating.

( risk being reject by letting the man, know she is interested and be persistent in getting him to date her>)

Who in their right mind persists in trying to date someone who does not want to date them.

Learning to accept rejection is part of life.
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 9:59:56 AM
^ Men have always persistent in getting women, giving up at the first attempt is not an option for most single men, but don't see women doing it" Women are not doing the things I mentioned, hence the thread to discover why?" Where are all the strong independent women, who claim to be a mans equal? I'm not seeing it in the dating world n women are not approaching guys to get dates" I suppose u think a man should do all the work, while u sit back n enjoy the ride princess" How many blokes have u approach to date? can I count them on one hand, maybe one finger or none?"
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 5
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 12:55:26 PM
I'm not sure why we keep being asked to act like men. I don't want to, I don't have to, you can't make me. I have women's underwear on and it fits fine.
 Tech30
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 1:29:53 PM
Who is asking you to act like a man? its not men.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 7
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 1:47:39 PM
I hope not, thanks Tech! :)
 2ufo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 3:01:47 PM
How is any of this defined as 'acting like a man'.

For the record - I've done all of these except given chocolates and flowers to a guy.
I never felt like a man doing these things.
No man ever thought I was less than feminine.
 reverendswine
Msg: 9
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 3:19:45 PM

I have women's underwear on and it fits fine.

Can we get a description, please? You know, just in case they ever end up missing or something.
 lulz567
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 4:05:46 PM
The examples you are showing isn’t anything to do with equality. Equal pay and rights to vote like men,were the deal , not men being too selfish to pay for a meal after asking a lady out .
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:02:18 PM
^I'm talking about equality in dating or lack of it, I asked the questions n u have nothing, because ur version of equality is not equality at all, it's special privileges for women n men getting the short end of the stick everytime" I can go into detail as to why women have it so much better, than men now n much, much more money is spent on women, than men in education, heath care, training, domestic abuse centres etc"
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 12
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:24:06 PM
OP, you seem to be in a bad mood. Women won't be pulling out chairs for men anytime soon. It's a masculine, protective gesture that makes a woman feel special and safe with this gentleman.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:31:19 PM
^Well it's not masculine parents do it with their kids nothing to do with masculine it's to ensure safety on those you care about. Good try on it being a masculine thing, by that standard of being why even have woman at home? To protect her children and ensure their safe keeping to grow up so they in turn can do the same. Don't make it a masculine thing cause both parents do it always have helped kids with their coats, shoes, and pulling out pushing in chairs at least that is all I saw every parent do from kindergarten up please enlighten how it's masculine?
 MsMicki
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:32:11 PM
there are numerous threads ongoing about this subject.....
some women do.....some women don't.....
find you the kind of woman you want....and don't worry about the rest!!

and before you start throwing judgments around...I am in a relationship with the man that I asked out....and I paid for the first date because I did the asking....
no I have not bought him flowers.....but I did buy him a tomato plant and put it in a nice container for his patio!!
 spot4username
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:32:13 PM

Ladies have you approached men you fancied and risked getting rejected?
Have you ever treated a male date to a meal?
Have you ever picked up a male for a date?
Have you ever opened the door for a male date and pulled a chair out for him?
Have you ever given flowers or chocolates to a male date?
Have you ever initiated sex with a male date?
Have you ever approached a man, that you were interested in and been rejected?
Is equality just a made up word and does not apply to the rules of dating?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes. No.
No. No.
Yes.
Yes. No.
No.

/shrug/
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:33:01 PM
mahwahgirl339114 - If u want to use that argument, then it is feminine for women to be submission to a man, BE AT HOME RAISING THE KIDS LIKE A DECENT CARING MOTHER USED TO, while the man is at work earning the money to support his family, but most women are not doing, that these days n trying to be men instead" I don't remember millions of single mothers back in the good old days either" Traditionally men went to work n women looked after the home n children" The solid family unit is now a thing of the past n that's due to feminism n equality BS" THESE DAYS MOST WOMEN GO TO WORK N DUMP THEIR CHILDREN WITH STRANGERS TO BRING THEM UP N THAT'S NOT GOOD RESPONSIBLE MOTHERING AT ALL"
 lulz567
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:36:10 PM
^^^Exactly Like they have a gun pointed to they’re head and that dating isn’t an option,choice. OP If you think women have it better than guys in dating, you are a grown man and do not have to partake in it. Harping on about how women have it better than men in dating, sounds about as sexy as a teenager in a sulk who has some grudge with women. It’s too much psychosis going on and not enough sexy. Stay home and bake cookies.

Edit trying to be men. Going out to work is not trying to be men. It’s giving us an opportunity to not be married to teenie weenie teens like you raising other brats:)
 MsMicki
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:43:05 PM

most women are not doing, that these days n trying to be men instead" I don't remember millions of single mothers back in the good old days either"

because back in the "good ole days" women didn't have much choice but to stick with a d!ckhead...
and women "trying to men"....because too many men stopped acting like them and forgot they still needed to support a child even after a divorce...
and in this day and age....even in a marriage....a 2 income family is needed just to live a halfway decent life!!
 sun_water
Msg: 19
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 5:49:57 PM
I have done most of these things. Except giving flowers and pulling a chair for him. I don't follow "dating gender" roles.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 6:16:46 PM
I had a BF for awhile who lived about seven/eight blocks from me. During that summer, I would frequently walk over to his place in the evening. Along the way were several front yard gardens full of flowering annuals and perennials. I used to pluck a few as I walked along and present them to him upon arriving at his home.

He was a little disapproving when I admitted I had picked them along the way from stranger's gardens. Such a bad girl!
But he'd always get out a little vase and put them in it for us to enjoy.
Sometimes I gave him interesting rocks, too.
 daynadaze
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 6:37:49 PM
Of course this is just another one of those whiny posts against women, but my mother was one of five girls in her family. My mom was the youngest, I was born in 1951, my mother worked, her sisters all worked. How is it that you think women didn't used to work? They didn't make the same wages, but a lot of women had to or wanted to work. Personally I think a parent or family member should be at home raising their children, but that's not always going to work out. Instead of yelling at women, find the kind of woman you want and stop hating on every one not fitting your needs.
 five-marie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 6:58:40 PM
", BE AT HOME RAISING THE KIDS LIKE A DECENT CARING MOTHER USED TO, while the man is at work earning the money to support his family, but most women are not doing, that these days n trying to be men instead" I don't remember millions of single mothers back in the good old days either" Traditionally men went to work n women looked after the home n children" The solid family unit is now a thing of the past n that's due to feminism n equality BS" THESE DAYS MOST WOMEN GO TO WORK N DUMP THEIR CHILDREN WITH STRANGERS TO BRING THEM UP N THAT'S NOT GOOD RESPONSIBLE MOTHERING AT ALL"
The problems with the solid family is not the fault of feminism. You can be a feminist and still be married with children. Why all these single moms? Where are the fathers? You're blaming women when in fact a lot are being abandoned along with their children. Also most women can't afford to stay home, a lot would love to. Why are women doing the bulk of child rearing and being chastised by you for this?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 7:15:03 PM

Why all these single moms? Where are the fathers? You're blaming women when in fact a lot are being abandoned along with their children.

I blame both of them.

I blame the fathers for being losers, and the mothers for getting involved with losers, rather than letting the losers stay home alone every night crying in their beer because no woman will even give them the time of day.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 7:21:35 PM
Feminism Created the welfare state so women cud get free stuff from men, feminism pushed for women to get in the work place n destroyed the family unit in the process, feminism is a tool to demonise men n turn women against men, it's roots have always been radical man hating n it did hide behind equity BS for a long time, but now the truth about feminism is being exposed n the misandry that this ideology promotes n pushes!!! I can find tons of info on feminism n the lie it is" feminism has made men suffer, children suffer n in truth women suffer too" This is the problem western society now faces n the evil of feminism along with mass immifration, is going to help destroy everything, that has been built"
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 7:48:04 PM
Cite your info

Equality for human beings has nothing to do with men being attacked by whoever you think is attacking you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Modern dating