Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I f      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 1
My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I feel put off?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
He is a musician and revealed to me that he slept with 150 women when his band was on the road and he also cheated on his first wife multiple times while traveling. He stated I should know the good, the bad, and the ugly and that he had never revealed this to his three wives. Then he said, "Did you notice how big the guitarist's boobs looked on Friday while we played". I was taken aback because in that moment I realized people will say what is on their mind and it makes me think that fact was so important that it was on his mind and he had to tell me. Keep in mind he wanted to date her but found out she was partnered with the guitarist.

Part of my concern with this newfound information is every time I go to a gig to watch him perform I will feel uncomfortable that he will continue to notice the guitarist's girlfriend. I am also put off with the sheer number of women he has slept with. He self admitted he was a slut. Things had been going great up until this point and I'm now apprehensive and am quite aware he likely still has a crush on the guitarist's girlfriend. I haven't dated in so long and had been living like a hermit so I wouldn't meet a man and experience these feelings which are feelings of being turned off and a bit crushed.

Is feeling turned off appropriate in this situation? Or should someone's past not have an effect on the present? I am struggling with this and need advice on how to overcome these negative feelings I have about this man who otherwise is wonderful. He told me he was a different man 40 years ago and that he is seeking something serious for the last quarter of his life.
 reverendswine
Msg: 2
My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I feel put off?
Posted: 7/23/2018 11:22:56 PM
Trouble in paradise already. You have an absolute gift for getting yourself into shitty situations. If you're having these negative feelings THIS early on, then he's obviously not for you. This isn't something you need to be seeking advice for.

Also, if this guy has been a touring musician for 40 years, 150 women isn't shit.
 sun___flower
Msg: 3
view profile
History
My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I feel put off?
Posted: 7/23/2018 11:53:02 PM
RevSwine
If you're having these negative feelings THIS early on, then he's obviously not for you.

+1. With things as you are describing, I would be done with this person.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 12:41:25 AM
Take this as a sign...
If there are issues this early in and you are uncomfortable why continue?
Especially with his age to top it off.
 spot4username
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:22:06 AM

Then he said, "Did you notice how big the guitarist's boobs looked on Friday while we played". I was taken aback because in that moment I realized people will say what is on their mind and it makes me think that fact was so important that it was on his mind and he had to tell me.

Ah, this old chestnut (again). In my 52 years of living and decades of dating I have never had a man I am with comment on another woman's chest right in front of me let alone to me. Yet this seems to always happen with you. One has to wonder why.

He is a musician and revealed to me that he slept with 150 women when his band was on the road and he also cheated on his first wife multiple times while traveling. He stated I should know the good, the bad, and the ugly and that he had never revealed this to his three wives.

I tend to agree that 150 in 40 years of touring actually seems low. I am sure there are celebrities that could knock that number out fairly quickly. I mean you do have to take the circumstances into consideration. Perhaps you should put him in touch with Coma so that he can mentor him a bit. ;)

If I were him I would be turned off that you refer to him as your senior citizen aged boyfriend *shudder* and that you shared such personal information on a public forum. Information that he didn't even share with his previous wives.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:37:07 AM
^^^^^

and that you shared such personal information on a public forum. Information that he didn't even share with his previous wives.

Seriously spot4username are you stunned. People share information about there significant other all the time when they create a thread and she has done nothing different. The fact you would even bring this up is pathetic considering there is no way for us to identify this man. I see it as nothing more than a pitiful attempt to put down wadeinwaves. Appears to be another case of "you can't fix stupid"
 calliopedreams
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:37:12 AM
If you don't respect him, take your insecure a$$ out the door.
 backcreek7
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 6:32:06 AM

turned off

^^^ Exactly what you should be , with this loser ... The past IS part of a persons future, the foundation in which they build upon. Him stating the size of the womans boobs, is just the first hint of things to come. You need to get away from this pig !!!
( my apologies to the " Reverend " ~ I know he is sensitive to besmirchment, concerning living pork, col )

heart / sun
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 6:54:38 AM
@OP...

Just how old is this senior citizen?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:02:29 AM
One time in my entire life, I ignored my first impression
and screaming flags and things I thought I could get over.
One time. You'll keep questioning yourself, asking why...
blah blah blah.

And in the end, you always knew, you just did the opposite.
I don't have anymore opposite days...and you shouldn't either.

And yeah, how old is this senior citizen...inquiring minds want
to know.
 MsMicki
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:06:41 AM
I think the ole' coot is testing you to see how you respond...

your response should be..."Goodbye"....
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:28:18 AM
"And yeah, how old is this senior citizen...inquiring minds want
to know."

He is in his late sixties, obese, and white haired. What attracts me to him is his demeanor and we have a connection. He is a talented musician and knows how to woo a woman. He would always tell me I took his breath away (however, he could be using this line on every woman who interests him) and he seems to kiss different women in the bar as well which I've asked him to stop doing.

I am not sure why all this shit came out. He shared that there is a colleague who is texting him who is expressing interest as well as the drummer's sister and told me he's giving me a head's up. Man he is lucky! Nobody chases me. He also told me he played naked Twister with a set of twins and he said all there were were boobs in his face. This was in response to my telling him my son's father caught a guy I was dating a few years back at a bar with another girl and he took a picture of his license plate to prove he was there which I thought was funny. I'm not sure how both stories relate, but my date said, "Since we were sharing stories of the past I thought I'd dig up some of mine".

When we're out in a restaurant he is quite friendly and made conversation with a group of very young women where he told the one very pretty one he noticed her laugh. Maybe being with him will teach me to come out of my shell and be more friendly too when out in public. This can only be a good thing.

"Also, if this guy has been a touring musician for 40 years, 150 women isn't shit."

He was a touring musician 40 years ago. I don't know for how many years that was as I didn't enquire. I thought he was a respectful man who wouldn't have partook in such activities which is why I was attracted to him. It makes me wonder why his three former wives never knew this history but he felt the need to share this with me. I don't see how this can make me love him more.
 ssm508
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:39:15 AM
The number of sex partners isn't necessarily that high for someone his age. That's about on average 3 different women a year if he started having sex when he was about 18. Some of his other comments such as the guitarist's breasts should be a bigger concern.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:42:48 AM

Or should someone's past not have an effect on the present?

"The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior" -- Dr. Phil
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 15
staying abreast of his thoughts
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:59:34 AM
he's in his late sixties, obese, rents a house, and dates a woman not his age who is self conscious about her chest. Sometimes dating within our league sucks. He knows how to woo a woman? well, did you think he wouldn't use that to rack up large numbers? Maybe he got practice that way. BUT, kissing different women in the bar? If its in front of you, THAT should be your red flag of disrespect right there. Still you brought up stories, so he brought up his. And remember, 40 years ago was...1978. AIDS hadn't shut down the Sexual Revolution yet.

needless to say, use every erection protection for the deflection of infection you can think of.
 MsMicki
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:01:36 AM
Sounds like an old blow hard to me....

He's past his prime, obese and probably hasn't had a woman's true attention in a very long time and is basking in his old glory...
you are feeding his ego...

this is a train wreck in the making and if you have half a brain...you will jump off before it happens.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:13:05 AM
I think this guy is showing you a total lack of respect.
There's nothing wrong with being outgoing and friendly,
but if he knows you're uncomfortable and he does it
anyway, it's on you to move on.

Your lack of self esteem is legendary around here.
Why you would hang around with someone who makes
you feel worse is beyond me.

It's not him...it's you.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:13:53 AM
"he's in his late sixties, obese, rents a house, and dates a woman not his age who is self conscious about her chest. Sometimes dating within our league sucks. He knows how to woo a woman? well, did you think he wouldn't use that to rack up large numbers? Maybe he got practice that way. BUT, kissing different women in the bar? If its in front of you, THAT should be your red flag of disrespect right there. Still you brought up stories, so he brought up his. And remember, 40 years ago was...1978. AIDS hadn't shut down the Sexual Revolution yet.

needless to say, use every erection protection for the deflection of infection you can think of."

My date told me to never say he is old and fat. Why do people think I'm self conscious about my chest? I like my streamlined figure which probably irks people. Men seem to make unsolicited comments about my chest size (not sure why) and my date told me he prefers smaller chested women which is why his big chested comment threw me off. Why does dating someone within our league suck? We should date those in our league. I would never try to date someone out of my league and insult someone.

I always knew this man was interested in me because he had made it clear. I saw the bartender kiss him once and he tried to kiss me on the lips but I had turned my face to let him kiss my cheek. At that time I was not romantically interested in him but as time kept going he would continually say things to me. I've asked him not to kiss women in the bar while we are dating and he he said he wouldn't and I believe him.

"needless to say, use every erection protection for the deflection of infection you can think of."

I don't have to worry about this because he has ED. The first night we got intimate he didn't let me touch him because he said he wasn't ready but then I figured out it was due to ED as the days went on.

"He's past his prime, obese and probably hasn't had a woman's true attention in a very long time and is basking in his old glory...
you are feeding his ego...

this is a train wreck in the making and if you have half a brain...you will jump off before it happens."

He attracts a lot of women at his age and his size. He is handsome. I don't know how I would be feeding his ego when he can get lots of women. I agree this is a train wreck in the making and I am suffering from major anxiety. Things were so much better when I didn't date anyone and stayed home all of the time which I've been doing for over a decade and just kinda dated here and there without major assault to my heart.
 reverendswine
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:44:01 AM

Sometimes dating within our league sucks.

Geesh, I'm going to go out on a limb and say she can probably do a bit better than a geezer whose glory days might have consisted of playing in a Grateful Dead tribute band.

He would always tell me I took his breath away (however, he could be using this line on every woman who interests him)

Which is normal. No one is under any obligation to formulate new and groundbreaking ways of expressing their admiration for someone. If you told a man you loved him, I'm sure he's not going to object to it because you've said it to other men in the past.

He shared that there is a colleague who is texting him who is expressing interest as well as the drummer's sister and told me he's giving me a head's up.

He's trying to sell himself as "high value" and ''in demand" to impress you, but he's clearly overdoing it.

I don't have to worry about this because he has ED.

Great, he's bisexual and has a boy on the side named Eddie. This is just getting better and better. :)~

and he seems to kiss different women in the bar as well which I've asked him to stop doing.

WHAT?!?!?! This "relationship" you have is shit. Exit immediately.
 MsMicki
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:48:16 AM
there is a difference in being the fun loving guy that makes women smile and joke around......

and getting in their panties!!

he is an attention whore....because he can't be a regular whore anymore.....
 julystorm22
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:22:10 AM
Don't let your fears of loneliness stay with this loser. He's looked for a nancy to look after him in his elderly years. Ditch him. If he is not making you feel good then why stay? Life is much too short to stay with someone that is a halfass companion.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:35:33 AM
Who he has slept with in the past is actually irrelevant it doesn't matter how many people someone slept with all you need to worry about is the here and now as well as the future. If there is no health risk they have a clean bill of health no contagious diseases it's not really something someone should really worry about. I never kept count how many ladies I been with don't care personally it's not a competition.

Truth is average guy say sleeps 5-7 women a year times that by 40 years if he was in competitions he would have over 280 seriously not something you should be concerned about.
 PollyR107
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 10:43:21 AM
If this is a deal breaker for you, then it is. You can't change it and don't have to justify it to anyone. If you're struggling with this info, let him go. It's not healthy for you mentally and physically.

I personally don't ask or be curious about my SO's previous partners. The past is the past. But I understand that some folks (men and women) can't handle the many previous sexual partners of their SO. Each to their own.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:58:31 PM
Man ya have the worst luck in men. That sucks.
back to "next"
 Tech30
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 5:14:34 PM
Another trainwreck….. I'll need more popcorn
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My senior citizen aged boyfriend has slept with 150 women; Why do I feel put off?