Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LGL1975
Msg: 1
view profile
History
black woman parks in handicap space, demands justicePage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Interesting case down in Florida. Lots of similarities to the Trayvon v. Zimmerman incident. I won't post links since I assume you can all access this story on your own favorite fake news outlet.

My prediction is that Brittany Jacobs will be charged with negligent homicide for causing the death of her common law husband. Trump will tweet his approval, citing his vast knowledge of the law. Soros will fund the Black Life Matters to demand justice for another black criminal killed in the line of duty. Whites will give no **** and resolve to re-elect captain MAGA
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 2
black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice
Posted: 7/27/2018 7:49:00 PM
Sir, are you a sh1t-stirring racist?
 LGL1975
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 8:20:05 PM

Sir, are you a sh1t-stirring racist?

No. I'm mocking the obsession with racism. And how it seems to blind people's common sense.

Handicap spaces are for people who have difficult walking, going to the bathroom and other things able-bodied people take for granted. And it's socially acceptable for able-bodied people to enforce this rule. Because we recognize that people with physical disabilities might not have the confidence to confront someone who is taking away their dignity and quality of life.

Mrs. Jacobs was parked illegally and should have moved her car when she was made aware of the situation. Instead she ran her mouth knowing her boyfriend would be back with the skittles and teach this white man a lesson. So that argument that Michael Drejka was looking for trouble goes both ways.

The only victims here are those kids who don't have a dad anymore. And Jacobs has no one to blame for that but herself.

You really have to question the veracity and integrity of the media who think this is news. It's not like there aren't black people who are law-abiding getting murdered by psycho cops and struggling in dead end jobs. Making a big deal over habitual criminals is really an injustice to them.
 MsMicki
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2018 8:34:34 PM
I don't see this as a racist issue....
I see it as yet another unstable individual with a gun ....
a jerk that seemed to always be looking for a reason to use that gun...

this "Stand Your Ground" law needs to be reconstructed so individuals can quit using it as an excuse for getting away with murder.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/28/2018 10:39:44 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5976247/Florida-shooting-handicapped-spot-argument-self-defense-cops-say.html
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/29/2018 3:32:15 AM

And it's socially acceptable for able-bodied people to enforce this rule. Because we recognize that people with physical disabilities might not have the confidence to confront someone who is taking away their dignity and quality of life.

I don't know where you live but where I live you just don't do crap like this. If you have an issue with where someone is parking you call a cop, or bylaw enforcement. The peoples job it is to deal with this crap, deal with it. That way, stupid shit like the above doesn't happen.
 LGL1975
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 11:38:25 AM

this "Stand Your Ground" law needs to be reconstructed so individuals can quit using it as an excuse for getting away with murder.

Drejka wasn't standing his ground he was laying on the ground recovering from an unprovoked assault. Even in a "duty to retreat" jurisdiction Mr. Drejka's actions fall within the legitimate use of deadly force for self defense.

I see it as yet another unstable individual with a gun ....
a jerk that seemed to always be looking for a reason to use that gun...

I see it as a convicted wife beater attacking an older man without provocation.

Drejka's history only shows he doesn't like it when inconsiderate people park in the handicap space at his local convenience store.

If he is looking for an excuse to kill someone the hood is full of people playing loud music, smoking weed, violating open container laws and other things no one cares about. But there's no record of Drejka playing self-appointed bylaw officer anywhere but the circle A convenience store parking lot.
 tomfiend
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/29/2018 12:27:45 PM
^^^ there was no excuse for his being shoved to the ground like he was. That was an act that could have caused serious injury to the self appointed parking guard. But it is not clear cut that the parking guard had justification for using deadly force in retaliation...

To successfully claim self-defense, the defendant must prove four elements. First, with exceptions, the defendant must prove that he or she was confronted with an unprovoked attack. Second, the defendant must prove that the threat of injury or death was imminent. Third, the defendant must prove that the degree of force used in self-defense was objectively reasonable under the circumstances. Fourth, the defendant must prove that he or she had an objectively reasonable fear that he or she was going to be injured or killed unless he or she used self-defense. The Model Penal Code defines self-defense in § 3.04(1) as “justifiable when the actor believes that such force is immediately necessary for the purpose of protecting himself against the use of unlawful force by such other person on the present occasion.”

In the end, if a prosecutor were to charge, it would be up to a Jury.

But in Florida with a Concealed weapons law, anybody who shoves somebody else to the ground in the manner that happened in this case is at risk of being shot, and that shove could have resulted in death to the parking guard victim, which is what the defense would argue in this case. So its not black and white what would happen......the question is whether a prosecutor will decide to charge and let the jury decide.

By the way, in your starting post...you claim that Jacobs should be charged with a crime...that's nutso talk. Jacobs did not commit a felony by parking in a handicapped zone and it was not foreseeable Markeis McGlockton would shove the parking guard to the ground like he did, nor that the parking guard would respond with deadly force.
 MsMicki
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 2:21:45 PM

Attacking an older man without provocation

so you would do nothing if you came out of a store and a man was yelling at your wife w/ your 5 year old kid in the backseat?

Drejka's history .....

his history also includes displaying his gun and ammunition in a road rage incident...the guy has anger issues .

as for the the "Stand your Ground Law"....as the article I read states...just because you can....doesn't mean you should.
one shove to the ground....oh boy....let's say that's grounds for killing someone...and see how many others we will be burying....
 tomfiend
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/29/2018 3:15:22 PM
^^^^^ That was a pretty hard shove by a young man on an old man. And its already been said by the sheriff (who is also a lawyer) that it was good grounds for the shooting.

If I came out of a store and there was a guy verbally abusing my wife, I would verbally abuse him right back... I sure as heck wouldn't man handle him knocking him to the ground. I think there are grounds for a murder charge but there are grounds for a defense. Nobody has the right to put their hands on another person like happened in this case. Obviously the decedent was an ahole and so was the wife for parking in the handicapped parking when there were so many other spaces available......and now the dummy is dead.....I hate to say he was asking for it...but this shows you just never know the consequences of your own actions.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 5:54:55 PM
Tomfiend writes,,..and now the dummy is dead.....I hate to say he was asking for it...but this shows you just never know the consequences of your own actions.

^^^ agree, both actions were extreme. The "parking lot" guard could have just mentioned that, she could get a huge ticket where she was parked. And if saw again, call cops
 LGL1975
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2018 6:18:19 PM

By the way, in your starting post...you claim that Jacobs should be charged with a crime...that's nutso talk. Jacobs did not commit a felony by parking in a handicapped zone and it was not foreseeable Markeis McGlockton would shove the parking guard to the ground like he did, nor that the parking guard would respond with deadly force.

It was foreseeable that McGlockton would attack Djerka based on his history of violence. And aggressively approaching Mr Drejka as her boyfriend returned from the store and prepared his assault makes Jacobs an accomplice.

Had she not gotten out of the car and escalated the situation McGlockton might have handled it differently and would be alive now. So she should be charged with criminal negligence.

the question is whether a prosecutor will decide to charge and let the jury decide.

It's very unlikely that Djerka will be charged unless the prosecutor has probable cause that he committed a crime. Before the burden of proof was on the defendant to prove deadly force was justified. That's no longer the case and that's a good thing. If people actually took the time to read the law and not allow their opinions to be shaped by these very misleading media stories they might agree.

The sheriff misrepresents the law by suggesting Djerke's response to the attack is justified under stand your ground. Drejke didn't do anything that wouldn't be permitted in a "duty to retreat" jurisdiction. The only application of stand your ground in this case is that the police need probable cause before they can charge him with anything. Which the sheriff probably isn't happy about that he has to do actual police work and determine probable cause before he can throw people in jail.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 2:07:53 AM
Articles say the shooter was pushed, because the media wants to stir the pot. It's to downplay what happened. The shooter was "assaulted". Being pushed sounds inconsequential. MSNBC titled their story "dad" shot.
The guy is probably gonna say the man threatened his life as he pushed him. What if the stories said, "Man assaulted and verbally threatened defends himself"? As opposed to man gets pushed, then kills the man. People don't realize how the media manipulates their thinking.

I like that law. It means if someone breaks into your home, you don't have to still show intent by the intruder and if the intruder is stealing or just in your home, that's good enough to shoot them. You always hear, if someone is coming into your home and you shoot them, you better drag them inside. With Stand Your Ground, you're innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the injured or dead person.
 tomfiend
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/30/2018 5:27:26 AM
You are so trump manipulated now NY, you believe the media told us what instead we were all able to see with our own eyes via the video. Show me one article that said he was "pushed" because I haven't see it if there is one.
 billgann
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/30/2018 5:59:51 AM
If I'm reading OP & New correctly, it's okay to get revenge if you're a victim of a crime: someone assaults ya - blow him away. It's clear the dead guy wasn't moving toward the guy aiming a gun. He turned and it appeared he was going to run away - leaving his child & GF behind with an apparent angry crazy guy holding a gun.

I recall an old man being robbed by a young couple in his home. After the crooks left his house he grabbed his gun and went after them. He caught the pregnant girl and executed her (and baby) in an alley. The cops caught the other crook. No instant death penalty, but he went to prison. Apparently the old man wasn't charged with a crime since the prosecutor must've realized there are jurors like New & the OP. And nothing is gonna changed their minds.

I'm not suggesting New & OP are wrong. It's their opinion! Nothing we write is gonna change that. And that kind of thinking is everywhere! That might be a good thing. Hypnotically if ya have a nagging wife that hits and throws things (I heard there are a few around), think of you're options with thinkers like the OP around.

If you're a victim of an abusive wife, move to Florida. After you're assaulted (make sure there's solid proof) end your problem. It's a lot cheaper (if you're a man) to get rid of your assailant that way then to involve lawyers & judges. Of course a wife will get away with the murder of an abusive husband in any state - the men gotta move to Florida. (Another way is Alligator Alley - better than a burial - no remains. I learned this in group discussions - all strictly confidential. Even our shrinks can't say a word. Bye bye wife, hello happiness - only in the Sunshine State. If ya lucky, ya can get her lawyer, her mom, and little dog, too.)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:25:40 AM
Tom, Bill, am I addressing the same person? Did either persona read the articles or see the news? Anyway, Tom, are we talking about the same scenario? The shooter was assaulted before he shot the man. Why do you think he shot the man?

Bill, one can only judge by what the law states. You're not making sense. It's not okay to defend yourself, but it's okay to plan to murder your wife?
 MsMicki
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 8:28:04 AM

. People don't realize how the media manipulates their thinking.

and people obviously don't realize most people are smart enough to make up their own minds....

I don't care how they word it...
I will never agree that being shoved to the ground by an unarmed man gives someone the right to kill....

If I was shoved to the ground....I might pull my gun and warn you to back the fuk up...and if you came at me a 2nd time...I'd cap you in the knee..
but I would not just automatically "shoot to kill" without further provacation.
 billgann
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/30/2018 8:30:58 AM

"Bill, one can only judge by what the law states. You're not making sense. It's not okay to defend yourself, but it's okay to plan to murder your wife?"

New, obviously you're not a lawyer, but please share what exactly in the following Florida statute that justified that murder in YOUR MIND.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0776/0776.html

No, I don't think it's okay to murder anyone (except maybe a mom-in-law or lawyers). You and OP appear to believe it's okay for a victim to murder a person who assaults him. I don't! I'm not trying to change your mind; I'm just trying to understand your logic.

Our law in Florida certainly doesn't allow that. I believe in "Show me the wording!"

In no way did I suggest it's not okay to defend yourself. What did I write that gave you that opinion? I know, you'll neva tell. Unless you modify or change word meanings.

You watched that video and thought the killer was defending himself? Really? Ya think the dead guy was faking a move by turning to his right and then he was going to attack the guy with a gun aimed at his chest? Okay, if that's your opinion. In no way did I see that murder as self-defense. In fact based on other stuff I read about that case, methinks that nutcase was looking for a reason to test his gun. There are a few nutcases in the USA. I read about them all the time. There not all politicians, obviously.

On the other hand you're implying it's murder to protect yourself from an abusive wife. What if she stronger and bigger? I think my missing wife was or is a transgender. She had me fooled until I seen her working out in the gym. And she was meaner than a junkyard dog. Very abusive! Her mom was too. I've had many of vivid dreams of alligators making her mom disappear. That might be a good act for America's Got Talent.
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 9:20:09 AM

The shooter was assaulted before he shot the man.
Not to mention the shooter was "verbally" assaulting and antagonizing the man who eventually shoved the shooter in an effort to get him out of his face?

Why do you think he shot the man?
He shot the man because he knew he could get away with it.

The shooter openly picked a fight with someone who was merely minding their own business. I can't say, but it occurs to me that the shooter could have handled it by reporting a possible misuse of a parking spot reserved for a handicapped driver. There is no mention if the dead man might have had a sticker or handicap placket either.

Most people don't realize that if they are waiting in line to use the bathroom and the "handicap" stall is empty, that they are allowed to use it. It's a "handicap" stall ... meaning it's equipped to handle a person with a handicap who is in need of the extra space a handicapped person might require.

It does not mean that all handicapped people do not have to wait their turn in line ... it merely means it's equipped to handle people with a handicap who need the added room to maneuver in the stall. It means that if a handicapped person is next in line, then they might have to wait until the stall marked as "handicap" equipped becomes free ... shouldn't take long unless someone fell asleep on the toilet ... right?

I would hope that if I have to use the toilet and the handicap stall is not in use and I choose to use it, that a woman toting a gun will not pick a fight with me and then eventually shoot me!!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 9:41:51 AM
I'm only going by the law. The man had a choice to not shoot him. The man assaulting had a choice to not assault someone. Everyone chose to do what they wanted to do. You know what really helps if you don't want to get shot? Don't assault someone. He parks in a handicap spot, mistake #1, then mistake #2, he assaults someone over mistake #1. He does this in front of his kids. This is the example he's setting for them, do whatever the fvck you want, fvck everyone else.
 MsMicki
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 10:09:24 AM
well actually....HE didn't park there....his wife did.

Sure, it's all about choices....
But remember...he also choose to come to the defense of his wife and children...who had an irate man verbally assualting them.
You are always going on men being "the protectors" and should "act manly"...
well he did....and got killed for it.

the day it is ok to be killed over Mistake #1 (park in a handicap spot) or #2 (come to the defense of your family)....is a sad day.

SO....NY58.....what kind of example would he having been setting if he just stood there and let that man continue to verbally abuse his family???
 NewYorker58
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 10:15:35 AM
You don't assault someone. Btw, I'm not saying that would have been my choice. I'm only stating what the law is, so as it stands, the only lawfully wrong person is the dead man.

tomfiend
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/30/2018 10:26:16 AM

On the other hand you're implying it's murder to protect yourself from an abusive wife.

So ben, its okay to shoot your abusive wife, but this guy shoved to the ground for verbal abuse had no right to defend himself? I don't know Ben, your view of seeing things is still off kilter. Obviously your vacation from here has not done you very much good...

You know..... there is such a thing as separation and divorce right?
 billgann
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:25:51 AM

"I'm only going by the law."

I'm not aware of any written law that allows you to shoot someone who made your mistakes #1 & #2.

"I'm only stating what the law is, so as it stands, the only lawfully wrong person is the dead man."

I provided you a link to the actual law. You didn't quote the part you believe pertains to this murder. You watched the video of the murder - right?

I'm guessing you believe it was self-defense. Okay, that's apparently what it takes for you to vote not guilty if you were on the jury. That's okay! I wrote that already! I realize nothing is going to change your mind.

I'm just trying to find out if my wife hit me in Florida, and then came after me with a large frying pan and I had to protect myself by shooting her 5 or 6 times, would you vote for acquittal? If not, you gotta have two sets of rules pertaining to murder. My case should be stronger than the one we're discussing. Imagine my wife being a large black man - then it would be okay - right?

"its okay to shoot your abusive wife, but this guy shoved to the ground for verbal abuse had no right to defend himself?"

Sure, I think it's okay to shoot my wife and her mother. Please! Do me a favor if they ever come back. I'm bias! I wanna know if others think it would be okay. I know the law kinda states I can't. Maybe I can beat it if a few think it's okay. Apparently a few think it's okay to shoot a black man who pushed a white man to the ground. I'm quite sure the law states he can't unless the guy on the ground believes he's protecting himself from further harm. It looked that way to you? You watched the video of the murder - right?

Of course I believe the guy on the ground had a right to defend himself. Even if he was standing, he didn't have to walk away to avoid further harm. Then if a fool saw a gun aimed at his heart and still moved forward .... Bang! But it looked like the dead gun turned and was about to run away. Perhaps I watched a different video of that murder. In the video you watched it appeared the dead guy was moving toward the guy pointing the gun at him?

Ya understand? I'm recovering from a bullet removed from my head. I'm on a lot of medication, but this stuff seems rather simple to me. I'm trying to understand what you see that I missed. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I believe everybody has a right to protect themselves - even husbands married to young transgenders who wedded them for their money. Grrrrr! His/her mom (I dated her first) was a lot younger than I was. Before they disappeared (7 years ago) I suspected they set me up.
 tomfiend
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:44:02 AM
I rarely go back into the archives, going strictly by memory, but didn't you say your ex died of a drug overdose? You were recently shot in the head? Wow...how did 5hat happen? You are on the older side to get into a physical altercation.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice