Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > BOT Problem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 J4ckLantern
Msg: 1
BOT ProblemPage 1 of 1    
I'm enjoying the site but unfortunately the number of bots on the site are making it a bit of an annoying experience. I'm receiving on average 10 messages a day through my inbox or meetme that say "Hey there:)" or "looking for me". I appreciate the email notification option since it allows timely responses but my email inbox is being cluttered. Is there any plan to remedy this? It seems rampant
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
BOT Problem
Posted: 8/2/2018 2:48:23 AM
"Hey there :)" is not necessarily a bot. Women have an extra button that men don't, labelled "Flirt". When clicked it simply sends a "Hey there :)" message. It may be a bot "pressing" this button or it may be a real woman. I don't know about the "looking for me" messages, never heard of that before.

There is no plan to do anything on this site, other than leave it as it is and laugh maniacally watching the bank balance grow.
 J4ckLantern
Msg: 3
BOT Problem
Posted: 8/2/2018 7:28:49 AM
The hey there messages I get are exclusively bots with blank profiles set in europe that respond with kik messages. Would be nice to get the option to only get an email if its a thread you've previously responded to if they have no plan to fix it.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 4
BOT Problem
Posted: 8/3/2018 3:35:53 AM
They've got no plans to add any options, either.

You can avoid messages from people in Europe using your message filters.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > BOT Problem