Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MAKE-UP WARS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 1
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARSPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I "just happened upon" the following video on UTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ddHuxe68w

I was totally blown away!

But It reminded me of the constant on-going POF "Battle of the Sexes" re: women's make-up being "false advertising", etc, blah, blah...…
This really video really takes that argument to a whole new level.

It might provide some inspiration to some of you ladies who want to try something new.

Might serve as Fair Warning to some of you old Buzzards with lust in your eyes, and beer goggles.

Any thoughts, anyone?
 MsMicki
Msg: 2
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/3/2018 4:49:46 PM
yep....that is false advertisement!!
one thing to enhance one's looks....quite another to completely change their look!
 am70sguy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/3/2018 5:30:43 PM
That's gonna add a couple of minutes to the going out for dinner process.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 5
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/4/2018 10:18:52 AM
Makeup can not change your looks. It can only enhance or hurt you. The only thing that can change your looks is plastic surgery. And there are many women who never use make up so men have an option. Date women who use it. OR pick women who dont. Easy enough.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 6
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/4/2018 12:35:14 PM
JuJu --

Did you actually watch the video? Because you would have to watch the video to know what I am laughing about.

But you may be onto something we missed -- Maybe they edited out the part where they added the Botox and Restyln?

What about an ol' lady walking around with a big hole in each butt cheek? Cause that's where they took the fat for the "filler injections".

(ok for me to laugh -- I'm def old enough myself to poke fun at old people).

------------

To the rest of you I have to ask?

1. What to do if she got caught in a sudden cloudburst?

2. To the menfolks -- What would you do if you woke up with awful hangover, next day, beside one of those ladies? Do you think your head would hurt the same? Or more?
 zonavar68
Msg: 7
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 1:56:10 AM
Perhaps related is the phenomenon of 'snapchat filter' photos - if I find a profile that's got those it's almost an immediate turn-off about as bad as women who smoke.
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 3:29:20 AM
"I am not surprised at the lengths a lot of old women go to and I'm amused that so many live in denial of, what they do day in and day out"

"Women Use Make-up to cover-up bad skin problems, saggy skin, scars, spots, rashes n many other in-perfections, so it is used to beautify women's looks, but it presents a false imagine to men, sells a lie to men, sells a lie to everyone, because the woman underneath the masses n masses of make-up are not a ten or even a five in the looks department, but this make-up, can make's her appear to be perfect lol"

"No woman is going to take hours to get ready, unless she wants attention, validation, ego boosting, compliments, offers from men for dates, men sucking upto her to get her attention, men serving her n buying her things"

Is it pure insecurity of women, who are getting old to use extreme measures to try to look young again? Of course it is and these women can't go out in public, unless they put on their fake mask to the world lol"

"What wud a guy say to a phoney woman in the morning, when he discovers what she looks like without the masses of make-up on? Don't call me I will call u, as the regretful and confused guy rushes out the door lol"
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 4:31:28 AM
I'd like to know where to find that makeup that hides saggy skin. Please share your vast knowledge manofsubstance.
.......Im putting it on my arse and exposing it soon if it really works

Whoop!!!

Do what makes you feel good about yourself. If you look stupid to others, it really doesn't matter.
Bondo awaaaaaaaaay!!!People know Bondo when they see it.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 10
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 5:30:31 AM
I can only speak for myself, but the shape of womans bottom is one of the first things that catches my eye and the ratio of breast to bottom. Large breasts can make the female torso look out of balance. I know I will be accused of being shallow but women often talk of chemistry and being attracted to what they see as well. Make up can enhance your looks but men usually don't spend a lot of time looking at the parts that make up is used on.
When I have actively dated my first impression when looking at a profile is how would I like to wake up in the morning and see their face. The wrinkles and no eye shadow wouldn't be a negative, the positives would be a warm cuddle and a purr that makes you want to get up and do something sweet for your love.
Yes Miss Peppermint I've often wondered why more women aren't running Auto Body Shops. Make up in moderation is OK, however one thing that actually repulses me is plucking eyebrows completely out and tattooing new ones on.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 11
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 6:16:51 AM

"Women Use Make-up to cover-up bad skin problems, saggy skin, scars, spots, rashes n many other in-perfections, so it is used to beautify women's looks, but it presents a false imagine to men, sells a lie to men, sells a lie to everyone, because the woman underneath the masses n masses of make-up are not a ten or even a five in the looks department, but this make-up, can make's her appear to be perfect lol"

Makeup can not hide anything. Sorry. IF you have bad skin issue make up will only make those more noticeable. Makeup creeps into wrinkles and enlarged pores and makes these more noticeable than if you had no makeup on. NOW if a man really thinks I have blue eyelids then HE is delusional and I should worry about other delusions he has.

"No woman is going to take hours to get ready, unless she wants attention, validation, ego boosting, compliments, offers from men for dates, men sucking upto her to get her attention, men serving her n buying her things"

OR it is a form of self-love. It is taking the time to make yourself feel good. It is an accomplishment to get my makeup on and it be BEAT. MY FACE BE ON POINT. Men don't notice that OTHER WOMEN do and GAY MEN. So no my make up isn't done for men it is done for other women. SORRY to burst your bubble.

Is it pure insecurity of women, who are getting old to use extreme measures to try to look young again? Of course it is and these women can't go out in public unless they put on their fake mask to the world lol"

Makeup is used more often by younger women than older women. Women start to think they are too old for all this and stop using it. So that theory down the drain. In reality This isnt about looking younger it is about looking the best YOU can at any age regardless. What is wrong with not wanting to look like the oldest 50-year-old in a room full of 50-year-olds? So many men should try that. Most men seem to think it is ok to look old dried up and worn out in a room full of old dried up worn out men. I don't understand that thinking. What is wrong with attempting to look the best YOU CAN REGARDLESS OF YOUR AGE. And Boo Boo people still think I am in my late 30's regardless of if I am made up or not.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 12
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 10:04:14 AM
Manofsubstance1970
Is just a boring, repetitive troll, who was kicked off the site, previously.

He espouses values from Men Going Their Own Way MGTOW.com,
But he just doesn't ever "GO his own way." I guess he is jealous of attention women get.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 13
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 10:08:25 AM

I'd like to know where to find that makeup that hides saggy skin. Please share your vast knowledge

I just want to know where they get their trowels. Lol.

Really getting the sags, eye bags and wrinkles to hide, is more about skin prep than anything. They use face washes that exfoliate the skin and. Then toners and moisturizers full of glycerin and hyaluronic acid to plump and tighten the skin. Then the lip pumpers eye bag reducers. It was not done by using make-up foundation they way you would use auto body filler.

If anyone really wants to know, google "glass skin" -- which both men and women can use for regular good CARE to help them stay young looking. I wish more men would have started taken care of their skin when they were younger, but back then it was considered "effeminate". Now, a lot of the younger guys do, so the younger ladies will be happier in their old age. But look around you -- at what I'm stuck with!!!! So NOT FAIR!!!

They even out the skin tones with full coverage make up and concealer. It's really not about a LOT of make up. It's about being able to use make up effectively. I was really surprised, but happy for the very old ladies to see them looking so elegant. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

The biggest changes in most of their looks was good eye make up and hair. And most of all the beautiful new smiles.

Not all the ladies were "old hags" by any means. Some of them were pretty just as they were -- just more sophisticated after. But even then, their appearance WAS changed a lot.

I agree that it def can be self love. But I couldn't help but be shocked when I saw the changes.

Btw: ZONAVAR -- What is a "Snap Chat Photo Filter"?

grover14
Msg: 14
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 10:31:19 AM
Several decades ago, my then wife was a cosmetologist and was really good at applying her makeup. She was very pretty with the makeup, but looked completely different without it. Let's just say she was much less attractive.

I like women with some makeup, just enough to enhance their beauty.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 15
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 10:48:52 AM
"Still so much denial from some w0men lol, children play make-up and dress up, but not women, cause they have an agenda to wear make-up n the agenda is to get attention, praise n compliments from others, make-up companies must be rubbing their HANDS AND LAUGHING AT THE WOMEN, WHO FELL FOR THEIR LIE OF MIRACLES, CAUSE BEAUTY WON'T LAST FOREVER NO MATTER HOW MUCH A WOMAN TRIES TO PRESERVE IT OR FAKE IT...FACT"

"MANY WESTERN WOMEN NEED CONSTANT VALIDATION AND PRAISE< CAUSE TOO MANY ARE INSECURE ABOUT THEIR LOOKS" WEIGHT IS ANOTHER THING WOMEN OBSESS ABOUT AND SOME TO THE POINT OF NOT EATING" IT'S ALL ABOUT INDOCTINATION AND THE WOMEN< WHO BELEIVE EVERYTHING THEY ARE TOLD< BUT NEVER ONCE QUESTION THE STATUS QUO"
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:07:22 AM
It's so fake. All they are doing is using extra light, photoshop and a ton of lighter makeup.
If you wore that in person you'd look like a caked clown lol.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:11:45 AM

Now, a lot of the younger guys do, so the younger ladies will be happier in their old age. But look around you -- at what I'm stuck with!!!! So NOT FAIR!!!

My boyfriend moisturises and his skin is amazingly smooth mmmm.
Anyway in the video the photos do look retouched and I can tell they have to some degree because I'm very good at photoshop.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 18
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:13:18 AM
MAN OF SUBSTANCE writes
Still so much denial from some w0men lol, children play make-up and dress up, but not women
^^ and you have experience bein a Woman?? lol. Can't fix some men,, you are one of them dude.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 19
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:14:49 AM
Manofsubstance1970
Is just a boring, repetitive troll, who was kicked off the site, previously.

He espouses values from Men Going Their Own Way MGTOW.com,
But he just doesn't ever "GO his own way." I guess he is jealous of attention women get.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 20
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:18:04 AM
Men do things to get praise from other men. Need an example? The idea that having a number of women for sex. If that was just for sex then they would never utter a word to another man EVER about their sexual conquests, but men live to tell other men about whom they are sleeping with. Need another example?? How about cars. That is a billion dollar business gear towards men showing off to other men. I could do this all day. For some reason, you believe that women are the only ones who seek out compliments. At least she uses her god given talent to get those compliments. Men tend to buy TOYS to impress other men.
Boats
More than one house? Really how many can anyone live in at any given time?
planes
cars
women.
MUSCLE (my personal favorite male add-on for compliments) NO man adds 40 or 50 pounds of muscle on for his own enjoyment. HE does it because he desires attention. And that is ok. It does make the world a whole lot more beautiful. SMILE.

I notice you aren't very much the beta male. Anger at the females for seeing your weaknesses and choosing better. Rather than attempting to be better, you blame others. Put in the work and see if you don't get the exact same results that you poo-poo women for. Anger and bitterness don't look good on anyone Male or Female. Stop acting like a beta. Behavior like an Alpha. Take care of yourself, build your self-confidence
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 21
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:21:29 AM
The women in this Vid had not cared for their skin it seemed? I go for the less is more thought. Im near sighted, so Mascara is out. I sometimes use a pencil liner.
Good primer, A pinky/neutral shadow, bit of blush, and a slick of gloss and i am good to go.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 22
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 2:31:15 PM
Texas chick ---

It is impossible to tell if ALL the women had cared for their skin, as we don't know their ages. Some women may have cared for their skin faithfully with only bar soap and water. No moisturizer. No exfoliation. Could be that some of the older women didn't have access to good skin care products when they were younger.

Its amazing how (relatively) recently scientists have discovered so many new anti-aging additives that really DO work. It's no wonder that people are looking so much younger for their years than their parents did at their age. And when these additives first hit the market they were 'way over budget for most of us. Now they're in everything.
Older women may have had access to Pond's Cold Cream at best.

Most of the not so old looking women have pretty skin with only a few lines -- that were filled out (for the day) with super hydrating pumpers.

To everyone else --

I think a few of you -- especially men maybe didn't even look a the videos. (Don't worry guys, it's NOT a step by step tutorial). It's a fast-paced documentary with no time to actually see everything they are doing.

And it is NOT a bunch of women doing their own prepping for a POF meet. It's about groups of professionals giving women make-overs. The make-overs are entries in a cosmetology contest. So, of course the more extreme the changes are, the more likely the team is to win. The models are more surprised than anybody that they can look like that.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 23
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 7:11:56 PM
One of my hobbies is following the make up gurus on youtube. I LOVE THEM. Most of them have really good advice and I use them. I have ONE cabinet full of makeup. I am always trying a new item. Those extreme makeovers never ring true. They use a TON of makeup that would look weird to anyone in person. THE Lighting makes a major difference and LAST BUT NOT LEAST is the good old photoshopping.
That is not real. Want real? Watch a couple of Monique Parent's videos. They are really good. She goes from EVERYDAY to glamorous without a TON of makeup.
And she had pretty good tips. BUT you will notice she has smooth healthy good skin.

And regardless of decades, my mother looked good for her age. She washed her face with soap and water with NO special creams. Major things she did was not go in the sun and cook her skin. But she did smoke. Which causes wrinkles. SORRY. Smoking and laying the sun YOU may as well get ready to look like an OLD lady when you are still fairly young. NO makeup can fix what you do to yourself. Overweight, sunbathing and smoking cause you to age poorly inside and outside your body male or female.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 24
view profile
History
MAKE-UP love.
Posted: 8/6/2018 7:07:38 AM
The women were already pretty and the make-overs just accentuated their beauty a little more -- brought out their eyes and healthy hair.

No such false advertisement; they are who they are.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 25
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:30:35 AM
Juju wrote:
Men don't notice that OTHER WOMEN do and GAY MEN. So no my make up isn't done for men it is done for other women. SORRY to burst your bubble.
I think that's only partially true, though. Other (straight) men may not "notice," but that's because they aren't gonna come up to you and say "Oh, I just love the way you did your eyeliner!" which women and gay men might do. Straight men, who are more interested in the big picture - i.e., the results of that skillful makeup application - will definitely notice - not the makeup per se, but the fact that it makes you look younger/or more attractive. So you may not think straight men notice, but they very most certainly do.

And what you wrote about men/cars/muscles/etc....that's funny and true...but they do this just as much to attract women, too. They will brag to men about them, but with women, they will just show them off, not brag. Bragging about such things will turn most women off.

So in both cases, these things ARE done to attract the opposite sex, but all these things also add status to the person exhibiting them....to both sexes.

Juju wrote;
What is wrong with not wanting to look like the oldest 50-year-old in a room full of 50-year-olds? So many men should try that. Most men seem to think it is ok to look old dried up and worn out in a room full of old dried up worn out men.
Actually, being old, dried up and worn out looking isn't that bad if all other men "in the room" are old, dried up, and worn out looking. Then they compete on other things, i.e. personality, wealth, etc. etc. It's only bad when a man IS the oldest, most dried up and worn out looking in the room. But with men, makup won't fix that...most of the time money and toys will, though. As per the point above. Or..go find another room to compete in.
MAKE-UP love.
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:31:56 AM

It might provide some inspiration to some of you ladies who want to try something new.

Might serve as Fair Warning to some of you old Buzzards with lust in your eyes, and beer goggles.

Any thoughts, anyone?

While men have their ideas on how they want to see a lady "purdied up" , the ladies are going to fix themselves up as they see fit.

Some may cater to their men and do more or less to themselves based on the men's preferences.

What puzzles me is why Miss Lu felt the need to post this and suggest inspiration to the ladies and warning to the men?

These are my thoughts!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MAKE-UP WARS