Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Reset password email I didn't request...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Poet_in_Motion
Msg: 1
Reset password email I didn't request...Page 1 of 1    
Has anyone ever gotten an email to reset their password when they didn't request it? I haven't been on here in over a month and I got one today. Is this a glitch? Thanks.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Reset password email I didn't request...
Posted: 8/7/2018 5:39:46 PM
Were you able to access the dating site and forums with your old password? If so it is likely a fishing mail. Do not reply or respond to it.

To be safe, go ahead and create a new password for both POF and the email you received the notice on.
 Werecow
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Reset password email I didn't request...
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:49:17 AM
Old-ish thread, but I've also received 4 password reset messages over the past week. They're all from the correct pof noreply address, and the reset link is legit, not phishing. All I can think of is that someone's mistakenly entering my username -- as if anyone could enter that "by mistake" -- and requesting the reset. That, or it's a feeble attempt to mess with me. *shrug*

Periodically changing passwords is a good idea, anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Reset password email I didn't request...