Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dizzydavid
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile review questionPage 1 of 1    
Since I've been single for quite a while (understatement) and on POF for as long, I'd be pretty interested to find out if my profile passes muster or just sucks however I'm afraid this this may also open oneself up to being roasted as the internet can be an ugly place sometimes. I this thread legit? I've read a few of the other threads and the feedback is looks to be balanced, honest and useful.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Profile review question
Posted: 8/8/2018 6:57:40 AM
A few quickies...

Remove/replace photos where you've blurred someone out. Your '2 beers' photo (for me) would be more eye-catching as a main.

In your first line, you duplicate you name and age. Consider a more engaging opening to 'hook' your viewer's imagination.

I get what you're saying about the interests, but this may backfire. You seem to be REALLY interested in music and gigs - that would be a problem if you met someone who wasn't as keen, no?

Will also assume your child no longer lives with you. If they do, a viewer will want to know how old/how often.

Do remove your incoming email restrictions until such time as you are overwhelmed with incoming emails. If by chance you get an introduction from someone outside your age preferences, decide once you read their profile if you want to reply. Otherwise, if I were 52 and saw you were interested in dating someone 39, I wouldn't waste my time.

Generally a decent effort overall, though!
 whiterose0
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile review question
Posted: 8/8/2018 7:52:16 AM
I'd consider removing the third picture where you have a picture of someone else's perfect teeth covering your own. It looks ridiculous. Now if they were fangs, it would be funny and you could get away with it.

You look much younger in some of your pictures than you do in others. You might want to remove any that are more than a couple of years old, and replace them with more current ones.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Profile review question
Posted: 8/8/2018 8:54:59 AM
I wouldn't read your profile, since I would not get past the name, "dizzydavid," as that means whacked out or airhead in the USA. Who needs a 50 year old man-child to raise?
 dizzydavid
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile review question
Posted: 8/8/2018 9:07:56 AM
I've thought this could be an issue for some time but one has to pay to upgrade to platinum in the UK to change ones profile name. As a 50 year old professional and single parent who's raised his some pretty much from birth I've become pretty accustomed to looking after myself :-)

I've considered binning the old account and starting again with a new name but that in itself could also appear dishonest, so I've decided to stick with the old and hope that if a women is considering spending sometime with me they could at least spend sometime reading my profile... looks like I may he here for some time lol.
 dizzydavid
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile review question
Posted: 8/8/2018 9:10:08 AM
Thanks for your comments, very much appreciated. As a result, I've reordered my photos, removed a couple and tweeked my profile a little.. I'll have another stab when I get mote time.

David.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Profile review question
Posted: 8/8/2018 8:32:35 PM
Out of 6 photos, you have 2 with beer, 2 too dark, one weird, and one of you looking normal. However the background is too dark in that shot.
Start over with the photos. Your current main holding the beers, you could crop it to show head and shoulders without the beer. It's a nice smile but I think the beer is distracting. And besides, many people use their phones to search, and that leaves your smile too small. Its not being deceptive because you say you drink socially.

Remove this
"Age Between:36 and 54.
Lives within 75 You must have a picture to contact this user."
Evaluate each message you get individually.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Profile review question
Posted: 8/13/2018 6:23:11 AM
You need more consistent better quality pictures.
Your profile content is good but you mention that values are more important to you than having similar hobbies, yet you don't mention which ones specifically you think are important.
Also you say bloke like 3 times on your profile and it was mildly annoying as a reader, got to say.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 9
Profile review question
Posted: 8/13/2018 2:43:06 PM
The first main photo looks nothing like the last photo. Almost like 2 different dudes.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review question