Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Fictional Members      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EnglishDai
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Fictional MembersPage 1 of 1    
PoF are regularly sending me details of fictional/non existent users who want to meet me and this has increased since I signed up for a paid membership. Not sure if it is PoFs way of trying to justify fees but whatever the reason, it is frustrating and seems dishonest.

Is there any advice available how to stop this happening? Thanx
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Fictional Members
Posted: 8/15/2018 2:19:36 AM
It's not POF making fake profiles, it's scammers. The POF robot deletes them as soon as it finds them which is why when you click the link the profile is gone.

Set up an email rule to send meet me requests to your spam folder. Seriously nobody who is genuinely interested in meeting you will use that useless "feature". Anyone who really wants to meet you will send you a proper message.
 EnglishDai
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Fictional Members
Posted: 8/15/2018 5:53:12 AM
That does make sense but I've had one or two that seem genuine. So, if we assume the non-existent are actually deleted members, can I tell PoF to only send me 'wants to meet you' from users who've been around for (say) a couple of weeks - long enough for PoF to have deleted them?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 4
Fictional Members
Posted: 8/15/2018 7:30:36 AM
No, that option does not exist.

Meet me's are a profit generating feature for POF. They send you emails, you log in, you are shown ads. It is not in their interest to give you options that result in you receiving less of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Fictional Members