Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Keep your powder dry or go for it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TR7V8Mike
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Keep your powder dry or go for it?Page 1 of 1    
So I've only recently got back into dating after quite a bit of a gap. I've messaged a few (20+) POF members and had only a couple of responses. I expected more TBH based on successes as a much younger lad when I internet dated previously - the internet was probably only 5 at that time :)
At the start of the year I seriously sorted out my health and fitness. I'm down over 3st and feel incredible. I still have a little to go, and I've not yet lost the chubby from my face.

So the question is: Does that really matter to women looking at my profile, or is what I've written more important? And should I wait a few more months before contacting people once I have updated piccies?

I know blokes tend to go for looks more than women, but I there have been a couple of women that I've really liked what I've read. Not hearing back I'm assuming is because I didn't pass the picture test?!
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 2
Keep your powder dry or go for it?
Posted: 8/14/2018 9:40:16 PM
Well done.
My weight fluctuates. I lost four stones a few years ago. Put a couple back on and now in the process of getting it off again

The last person I dated (not from here) wasn't skinny in the slightest. And the last couple I have dated from here haven't been skinny either

You are always going to find people with a definite type but not everyone is like that.

You have a decent profile. You've put effort into it.

Sympathy on the pt. I am a pt but I have a pt and he's killing me but it's all good :)
 calliopedreams
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 7:34:06 AM
A couple of comments ...

If you feel a need to lose weight, why not list your body type as a few pounds over rather than "average"? You can change it back later, after you are at your desired weight.
You can then be sure that those who view your profile know what they are getting.
Keep in mind, that too much loss of fat in the face could make you appear more haggard.

Why not update your pics now?

You describe yourself as "Somewhat Ambitious," yet your main pic suggests a sloth-like nature.
Is that what you want people to see? Most people will see the thumbnail (no caption) and not bother to open your profile to read about your amazing character traits.

If you own a shirt with buttons, why not put it on, brush your teeth and smile, while in an upright position?

To answer your question directly, in the majority of cases, what really matters to women (and men) is the MAIN PROFILE PHOTO. If they can't get past that, they will never find themselves "looking at your profile."
 Spectrallight
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/15/2018 11:35:46 AM

I know blokes tend to go for looks more than women, but I there have been a couple of women that
I've really liked what I've read. Not hearing back I'm assuming is because I didn't pass the picture test?!

It could be anything like the other 400+ messages they have in their inbox. It could be as simple as your lost in the pile.

No harm in sending another message if you sent a first decent message. Avoid tea time and early evening if they have kids ;)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Keep your powder dry or go for it?