Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?Page 1 of 1    
I've spotted two profiles claiming to be local Aus women but which have exactly the same set of pictures being cycled through yet have different usernames!

Have a look at 'cocomoon73' and 'dancewmetonight' and you'll see the pics are of the same person. I've reported both profiles, yet absolutely nothing has been done. And we wonder why the whole 'scam' side of this internet dating thing makes 99.999 pct of us permanently disillusioned about dating in general!

Both profiles claim the person works in the health industry and has a bachelors degree. Both have the same religion (presbyterian, which for Australia is very unusual). Both have the same age and the same height and the same city (Newcastle NSW).

Both refer to poetry as an important interest and again that's highly unusual IMHO. Profile from 'cocomoon73':

"Hi. I am a happy person who believes in living a life that incorporates gratitude. I love to travel when possible and see and experience the big wide world :-). I adore poetry and iit's become a main hobby. Love the outdoors, art, literature, travel, great food and wine etc. I look forward to meeting you"

"Something low key or exciting or unique, all are good :-)"

Profile from 'dancewmetonight':

"Hi I am fun loving, sensitive, and love nature and the outdoors. I have many interests and love travelling when possible, reading, poetry, museums, swimming, daily fitness, bush walking and more. I'm looking to share my journey with another who has similar interests and enjoys life, is good natured, appreciates all life has to offer! I look forward to meeting you..

** I really do love poetry it’s my main hobby so if you enjoy literature that’s a wonderful bonus as we will have lots to talk about..."

"Something low key, dinner, coffee, a walk and chat preferably :-)"

I'm seeing this happen on eHarmony a lot too where profiles are looking far too similar. It's rampant on rsvp along with badoo and also.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?
Posted: 8/14/2018 6:36:59 PM
what business is it of yours? Just move on...naming and shaming is not on.. plenty of fakes and flakes on this dating site and others..... men and women...
 zonavar68
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 1:02:50 AM
So you support people using sites like this for the purpose of scamming, exploitation and for want of a better word - extortion? It's clear criminal behaviour which should not exist on a site claiming to be legit, but it is after all owned by match.com that runs a whole suite of sites and all the fake profiles could be auto-generated from one site to another just to make it look like there are plenty of search results to pick from. I'm not buying it. Neither should you.

So yes it is my business as I paid money to be access the extra services, and it's just a rip-off.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 1:27:13 AM
Wow, you're practically Sherlock Holmes!

Criminal behavior? That's a stretch.
Maybe she lost her password to one account. It happens.

Here's a clue ... the ID number indicates she created the profiles a couple years apart, and she updated her age range, accordingly. Most scammers create multiple profiles around the same time frame.

Regardless of which profile you contact, she'll never answer you, anyway.

Since she works in the Mental Health field, your best chance to meet her is to make an appointment for counseling. It certainly won't hurt.

Naming and shaming is very bad form. Leave it (and her) alone. Weirdo.

Hopefuly, YOU will be reported for Naming and shaming.
Posted: 8/15/2018 2:54:45 PM
I have been on here with three different profiles since 2006. I have deleted two of them while in a long term relationships. Maybe the profilers don't know how to delete. I have also noticed there are women on here that never age. I think they must save their profile somewhere and then create a new one where they can change their age which isn't allowed when your profile is complete.
 Norasings
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/15/2018 4:35:29 PM
If you have to analyze to such a degree, it is no longer fun. Think about it!
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 5:35:23 PM
dont ya have any other crap to worry about????
 daynadaze
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 6:00:26 PM
Some come here to bash others, not to find dates.
 zonavar68
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 1:56:05 AM
I'm sick of the site being 99.9 percent fakes. If it's not, I'd love to meet in person someone from the other 0.01 percent.
 Inicia
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:14:41 AM
Often peoples profiles are deleted(by admins) or hacked etc- resubmitting often you may not use original screen name- i would be more concerned if profiles stated totally different interest etc- heights weights etc. there is nothing fake (dishonest) about having to recreate a profile due to tech glitches..
 cooldog65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 9:36:37 AM

I'm sick of the site being 99.9 percent fakes. If it's not, I'd love to meet in person someone from the other 0.01 percent.

What about the other 0.09%?
 2ufo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 9:59:13 AM
^^^
I guess we're the weird ones who don't belong to either group.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?