Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > So I guess he's still with his significant other?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Angelboat
Msg: 1
view profile
History
So I guess he's still with his significant other?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I ve been seeing this man who still lives with his kids mother for a little over a year now. I went in with the expectation that this will be temporary and he would be free and be all mine.. but a year later he still lives with his wife and won t see me outside his work hours. As a result , I ve been stood up because something had come up at the last minute and he couldn t come meet it anymore. He hasn t been at my place either so we usually hook up in my car or secluded outdoors

I finally reach the stage where I know he is going nowhere and I have to move on. So I finally mustered up courage to end it last night.I sent him a text telling him that I can't continue like this anymore and would love to be with him if he was available.He didn't even respond to me...I thought this will give him motivation to move out and be with me properly
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
So I guess he's still with his significant other?
Posted: 8/15/2018 11:08:30 AM
Raise your standards.

SMH.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/15/2018 7:15:21 PM
You didnt really end it if you left the door open for him to come back when he is available. It sounds like a half-hearted effort IMO.
 Angelboat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 7:27:17 PM
But it's highly unlikely he will ever become available anyways
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 7:39:16 PM
it is doubtful that he will anyway. even if he did, doesn't mean much after you had to back him into the corner. even if has been 100% honest, he is still living with her! they can be fighting, divorce coming and no love left but until he moves out, it isn't over!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 9:44:11 PM
Are you psychotic? Why do you keep posting about this? It's at least the 2nd thread about the same thing, about you being a big ho-bag, because you won't leave this married man alone. You're disgusting! Even though he's a lowlife, do you think he wants to date one if he did divorce? He'll want someone with morals.
 LDC9999
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 7:23:18 AM

Are you psychotic? Why do you keep posting about this? It's at least the 2nd thread about the same thing, about you being a big ho-bag, because you won't leave this married man alone. You're disgusting! Even though he's a lowlife, do you think he wants to date one if he did divorce? He'll want someone with morals.

Really???

I understand that fact checking is not a strong point with some people these days, but if you would just click on the OP’s profile you will see that she is only 21 years old. Studies have stated that the human brain is not fully formed until the age of 25, so why are you being so harsh?

Here’s a song that you, NewYorker58, that you should listen to repeatedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0&frags=pl%2Cwn

RIP Aretha
 NewYorker58
Msg: 8
view profile
History
I'm fvcking someone else's husband and I don't care
Posted: 8/16/2018 11:56:37 AM
So, let me understand your rationale. It's acceptable that she's having sex with a married man with children, because she's 21? What else is she entitled to do without reproach? She's a lowlife. This has been going on for quite some time. This is not a new or sudden discovery. She's well aware of his marital status and doesn't give a fvck about anyone but herself, so much so, that I have to wonder if her story is real.
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 12:19:47 PM
4 different threads on this? You won't change my opinion which is...

Move on or you'll always be the side chick.
 Norasings
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/16/2018 3:35:12 PM
Sounds like the OP made some mistakes, and so did the cheater!. ..Which among us has not?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:05:07 AM
OP asks:
Message: I ve been seeing this man who still lives with his kids mother for a little over a year now. I went in with the expectation that this will be temporary and he would be free and be all mine.. but a year later he still lives with his wife and won t see me outside his work hours. As a result , I ve been stood up because something had come up at the last minute and he couldn t come meet it anymore. He hasn t been at my place either so we usually hook up in my car or secluded outdoors

I finally reach the stage where I know he is going nowhere and I have to move on. So I finally mustered up courage to end it last night.I sent him a text telling him that I can't continue like this anymore and would love to be with him if he was available.He didn't even respond to me...I thought this will give him motivation to move out and be with me properly

OP, I think the man has made his intentions loud and clear. No guessing involved. He likes his family life and likes you on the side, hooking up in the back seat or in some sunny meadow somewhere. So romantic~ Kind of exciting for both of you I suppose. But he's never going to be with you 'properly', sorry.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Backseat driver
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:38:04 AM
She's been at this 1-1/2 years. Who is that dumb, plus she's been an RN since she's 20? That's a 4 year program. A little unbelievable all around☺
 whiterose0
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 11:42:05 AM

I understand that fact checking is not a strong point with some people these days, but if you would just click on the OP’s profile you will see that she is only 21 years old. Studies have stated that the human brain is not fully formed until the age of 25, so why are you being so harsh?

She's not 21, she's 33 if you took the time to peruse her posting history:

AngelBoat
Msg: 1 (view)

I can't seem to leave him
Posted: 7/29/2018 4:01:00 PM
I ve been seeing this man who still lives with his kids mother for a little over a year now. I went in with the expectation that this will be temporary and he would be free and be all mine.. but a year later he still lives with his wife and won t see me outside his work hours. As a result , I ve been stood up because something had come up at the last minute and he couldn t come meet it anymore. He hasn t been at my place either so we usually hook up in my car or secluded outdoors

I finally reach the stage where I know he is going nowhere and I have to move on. I want more than he can give me. I m finding hard to leave for some reason. I want to leave but I keep making excuses to see him one more time even though the relationship is unfulfilling and not satisfying. At the same time I don t want to be in this place in 5 years or more. I m 33 and I don t want to waste my prime years in this and the next thing I m an old woman stuck in dead end relationship
 Angelboat
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 5:48:36 PM
I broke it off because I wanted more than he can and willing to provide.The sex wasn't enough to satisfy me and it wasn't easy on my conscioience knowing he still lives with another woman hence why i finally let him go.I was truly in love with this man and had hopes it was just matter of time until he moves out as he initially promised.On the other hand, part of me still holds hope that he will follow through with his word now that I'm no longer in his life.He will realize what he missed.Something might have been missing in his relationship to have desire for something on the side.Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but this all new and raw to me

I still want to be with this man but not under these terms.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2018 6:29:16 AM
She's not his "significant other", she is his WIFE.
You are his piece on the side.
He's probably glad you broke up with him; makes it a lot easier for him to find another piece on the side who isn't (yet) that crazy biatch he has to worry will tell his WIFE about him sneaking out during work.

Your story is a dime a dozen.
T.R.A.I.N.W.R.E.C.K
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:23:57 PM
So your telling me there is a chance, quote from dumb and dumber.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 8:38:47 PM
You have received plenty great sage advise on this post and other one about this same dude. Ya just either want attention, or ya enjoy the MESS ya made of your life. No patience for this kind of stupidity.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 11:00:15 PM

you will see that she is only 21 years old. Studies have stated that the human brain is not fully formed until the age of 25, so why are you being so harsh?

The brain's fully formed @21. On average it gets at it's optimal state at ~25. YMMV. Her situation is not "OK" for someone at 16, 18, 25, or 33. A teenager with no dating experience may be void of criticism as they may Start seeing someone like that BRIEFLY before realizing it's all BS. But even close to a year?? No, not even acceptable for a 16/17 year old. A 21 year old isn't a child or close to it, and neither is a high schooler when it comes to common-sense stuff like this.

I went in with the expectation that this will be temporary and he would be free and be all mine.. but a year later he still lives with his wife and won t see me outside his work hours. As a result , I ve been stood up because something had come up at the last minute and he couldn t come meet it anymore. He hasn t been at my place either so we usually hook up in my car or secluded outdoors

It's such a ridiculous situation, it's hardly believable, but there are some rare-wacky situations out there.

So I finally mustered up courage to end it last night.I sent him a text telling him that I can't continue like this anymore and would love to be with him if he was available.He didn't even respond to me...I thought this will give him motivation to move out and be with me properly.

News flash: You two were never an item. He's never been at your place, and it's been over a year. You've been a booty call, that's it. Any "relationship" has been an emotional fantasy. Of course you saying you can't continue like this isn't going to make him move out. You're someone he's only hooked up with in your car or in the outdoors. Take the blinders off. You've snowed yourself just as much, if not more, than he's snowed you.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 11:35:09 AM
He likes to date a variety of women. What's so hard to understand then that he is tired of you? Men will shag women that are trash, like yourself, but they don't stay with them. I'm sure you can find other cheaters that you can have car sex with you. You're so disgusting! That's if any of this story is true, because you've lied about your job and potentially your age.
 Angelboat
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 9:36:20 AM
@norwegianguy , We made plans for him to come over at my place but they kept falling through because of his work , since he could only see me during business hours .He wanted to but there was always a reason why he couldn't and prefered me to drive to his work and hook up in car instead

I know we were never officially together since he wasn't available but he did told me that he was planning to leave.So i held up hope that he would eventually be available and we will be together officially without sneaking around
 whiterose0
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 9:52:37 AM

I know we were never officially together since he wasn't available but he did told me that he was planning to leave.So i held up hope that he would eventually be available and we will be together officially without sneaking around

You're too gullible. You shouldn't believe everything this man tells you. He just wanted you for a side dish. You're not the main course. If he liked you that much, he would have left his wife for you by now. His actions speak louder than his words.

It's a shame that your self-worth is so low that you feel you can't get a man of your own, and you have to settle for another woman's leftovers. How would you feel if you were married and your husband cheated on you with another woman?

You should put yourself in his wife's shoes for a change; stop being so selfish, and dispense with the pity pitch. I have no sympathy for you. Leave him be and quit contacting him.
 Angelboat
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 10:39:48 AM
I wasn't looking for pity or sympathy as I know I wouldn't get any as this is a hot topic that elicit strong emotions from some people , particularly the ones who have been cheated on

I don't feel guilty and bad at all for getting involved with this man since he took up my time under false pretense.I shouldn't be condemned for my naivety .I'm not the problem because he will just pick up another girl after some time goes by, a cheater is always a cheater so the wife still has a cheating husband even now I'm out of the picture.

And If I were married and my husband cheated on me ,I would blame him and not the other woman.The cheater is the problem.If your husband is faithful then the other woman wouldn't even exist.At the end of the day,the other women is not the issue because if she was not the one, it most definitely be someone else.Your husband was looking for an affair, not looking for her in particular.She happened to be in the right spot at the right time

For your information I already broke it off and don't plan contacting him.
 whiterose0
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 11:28:59 AM

I wasn't looking for pity or sympathy as I know I wouldn't get any as this is a hot topic that elicit strong emotions from some people , particularly the ones who have been cheated on

Then why did you post multiple threads on this same man, asking us for feedback? Were you seeking some kind of validation that you were right? You’re not going to get it here, because you were wrong. No one in their right mind is going to sympathize with you, even if they’ve never been cheated on.

I don't feel guilty and bad at all for getting involved with this man since he took up my time under false pretense.I shouldn't be condemned for my naivety .

You should feel guilty. Because of the length of your affair, you’re going to be condemned. You’ve known for over a year that he wasn’t going to leave his wife. A balanced person with healthy self-esteem would have caught on within a few months and ended the affair.

I'm not the problem because he will just pick up another girl after some time goes by, a cheater is always a cheater so the wife still has a cheating husband even now I'm out of the picture.

You’re part of the problem. You don’t know for certain that he will cheat on her again. If you could predict the future, you wouldn’t have gotten into this triangle to begin with, would you, eh?

They might get counseling and work out their marital problems, even though the odds are not in their favor. I don’t know about the laws in Canada, but in certain states in the U.S., a wife can rightfully sue a mistress for alienation of affections.

norwegianguy456
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 12:26:17 PM

I shouldn't be condemned for my naivety .I'm not the problem because he will just pick up another girl after some time goes by

You should be condemned, actually. For a year?? Again, you're head's in the clouds. Set aside your pride, try being humble and self-correcting. Otherwise, you'll constantly run into trouble. Basically, no girl is going to meet up with a guy here and there, waiting for him to leave his GF/wife, for over a year while banging outdoors or in her car. It'll happen, I'm sure, and he'll get his fill. You were just a one-in-a-million chance buying into it Forever.

And no, there was no breaking it off with him. You were never with him. He was just a guy you knew, who you'd hook up in your car or outside with. That's it. You weren't even remotely close to dating.
 Angelboat
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 12:48:07 PM
I do have self -esteem issues to which I'm working on in therapy.These issues did contribute to my involvement.. I'm not saying my participation to this affair was caused by it but the problem influence it.And no I don't believe I'm main sauce of the problem because if he was faithful , this affair wouldn't have happened.He is the one that pursed me despite being in relationship ,pretending to be available not the other way around .I initially just assumed he was single .Yes looking back I stayed with him too long but the ship has sailed

Of course there are going to be gullible women or women who simply don't care but married men are the ones that step out of their relationships and purse these relationships 9 out 10 times.
I don't generally target men in relationships or married nor would I get knowingly get involved with one again. So no , I can assure you that I'm not part of the problem to their marital problems.The husband is
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > So I guess he's still with his significant other?