Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Triggers in profile photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Triggers in profile photosPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have a negative trigger when I view profiles and the picture shows some fashion or home decor with a leopard pattern. To me it screams predator. This can probably be analyzed and I suffer from some sort of delusion but does anyone else have a trigger.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 8/15/2018 2:37:46 PM
Open toilet in the shot does it for me.
Nasty
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 2:58:49 PM
wearing a wedding ring! pics of your kids, cropped out pic where your obviously clinging to someone. an unusual trigger for me is a woman dressed too nice. expensive and high class in a setting that is also above my comfort zone is a trigger for me. I do relize that most of these are the rare once a year outing and not their daily attire but it is still a trigger.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 5:14:41 PM
Inside the car photos.

I've seen plenty of women taking photos in their cars. It's almost like that happens to be their only mirror for putting on their makeup. Or, is it a waste of time to do it at home for your profile photos? It's gotta be a two-for-one?
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 6:11:43 PM
Open toilets, there is never a reason to have an open toilet unless you are using it or cleaning it. That's why toilets have lids, both men and women need to shut the lid. Toilets with open lids are dangerous to pets, children, and anything falling into them. Drives me nuts to see an open toilet.
 zonavar68
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 1:52:07 AM
Profiles with no face pics, or no pics showing the person at all. That's number 1.

Pics showing people other than the person who's profile it's supposed to be are the number 2 especially when the pic doesn't show a female when the profile is meant to belong to a female, or many of the pics have been cropped/edited to block out other people (possibly ex's).

Pics that have been 'funnied' with stuff like Snapchat filters are number 3.

Pics that are in 'cheesy' locations, such as with Sydney harbour bridge in the view (I'm an Aussie born and bred in Sydney) are number 4.

I'd come up with more reasons to suspect the validity of the profile but they're my top 4.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/16/2018 5:30:53 AM
Pictures in dark rooms in front of computers.
Pictures with one man and a bunch of women
Pictures men with dead animals.
Pictures of men with guns.
Pictures where he looks like he needs a shower for no good reason. (not where he is playing sports)
Pictures of Pets or small children or random objects.
 grover14
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 5:40:54 AM
Photos of women sitting on their Harley with a beer in their hand.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/16/2018 5:57:01 AM
no pictures at all because he's a secret agent

nah, it's the thumbnail brigade that annoys. They use (probably from another website.................) a thumbnail image.
They use an image of someone clearly 25 years older than the stated age.
They use a cartoon or meme, but still want to see your picture.....
Me? well because I worked it all out ages ago, I don't need to see a picture, I decide if I want to meet based on what a woman has written. So if she writes "ask me" or "zxcyzvzcbefersdf dsahfuiydgfbbdud" I usually pass, even if the photo was great.
In the fullness of time, you're going to spend more time conversing with a partner than looking at them. And looks change. Oh and personalities if they stink, well not a lot you can do about it, easier to get a facelift than a personality lift.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/16/2018 9:42:37 AM
Picture with guns or other weapons or dead animals is an instant turn off for me.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 9:55:24 AM
Photos of more than three people, and more photos of the same group- and nothing else. Ahh, now which one is it??? Pick out the worst person. Chances are, that's who wrote the profile.
 2ufo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 10:11:12 AM
No real negative triggers but I kind of shudder with the photo in the bathroom mirror so open toilet lids are a double-ick.
Messy beds/piles of clothing in the background makes me pass. I already have a teen-age son makes messes.
A head shot by the blue glow of the computer with a slack-jawed, deer in the headlights look.
Inappropriate nudity/semi-nudity - especially with gold jewelry. Actually, any kind of really noticeable jewelry.
Photos of 'toys for big boys' - whether they're actually his or simply on his wish list.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 10:58:02 AM
msg#12 2ufo:
A head shot by the blue glow of the computer with a slack-jawed, deer in the headlights look.

+1

Excellent description. And the shot is always slightly askew~

hahahah
 cooldog65
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 11:34:32 AM

Inside the car photos.

I hate those. Just fücking drive!

I also hate...

1. Mirror selfies where they're looking into the phone instead of at the mirror. Always makes them look cross-eyed.

2. Mirror selfies where I can see their charger cable. Can't you wait for your phone to charge?

3. I can't stand seeing the same types of poses over and over. Always the damn hand on the hip with the half turn with knee pointed forward. Where's the uniqueness? Study vintage photos.

4. Provocative poses and their profile says don't hit them up for sex. What do you expect when you present yourself that way?

5. I hate filtered pictures. It's just plain stupid.

6. I hate memes or sayings. I couldn't care less.

7. I hate those pictures with somebody's legs/feet. What's the fücking point?

I'm sure I'll come up with more. Rage!
 flyover_boy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 12:10:40 PM
Oh boy !!!

- Landscape photos, artwork, cartoon and slogans. Worthless. You can show me ALL you have with that, at the coffee shop, I don’t need it here.

- Group shots and nothing BUT group shots. Is this your version of ‘Find Waldo’ ?

- Pets and kids, I know they’re your babies, including the humans, show me on your phone at the coffee shop...not here

- Costumes. If you can pull off Wonder Woman...you go girl ! If it looks like off hours at Wal*Mart, maybe not.

- Silly poses. If you look like a playground school girl at your age, might want to pass. It isn’t cute.

- Only head and shoulder shots, or the ‘one shot wonder’ which are the same ones that tend to be scammers anyway.

- h/s or college picture. Why ? Showing me how cute or hot you WERE ?
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/16/2018 12:45:14 PM
Men in front of houses, motorcycles or cars as if to say look what all comes with me.
Photoshopped pictures. YOU are a guy, really? I see women's pictures that are so overdone there is NO way she looks like that. Same with men.
Driving pictures don't bother me but pictures where the guy is driving a truck or on a garbage truck.
Group shots. It is like you are trying to hide in plain sight.
Photos where you look like you are peeping at the bottom of your camera.
Mugshots or at least they look like mugshots.
Images, sayings, pictures of pictures,
Pictures from more than 6 months ago. You should take the time to put up a fresh picture every 6 months.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 1:21:34 PM
Pictures with recliners in them...worse if the recliner has
duct tape on it and a cup holder with a beer in it.
I don't like recliners....unless they don't look like recliners
or they're in a movie theater.

Pictures taken in rooms with tons of rubble.
Clothes, papers, rubbish....ew.

Group pictures... I'm always guessing the wrong person
and am disappointed.

Other than that I usually like looking at pictures.
I probably don't take them as seriously as I should if I
was serious about being serious.
 Norasings
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/16/2018 2:26:27 PM
Funny to see those with no profile photo complaining about profile photos they dislike. At least they made an effort.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 4:14:10 PM
Since I'm not here for dating I have no picture. As for what I don't care for in profile pictures it's shirtless pics. It's good to know if the guy takes care of himself, but I get the feeling that their body is all they believe they have to offer.
 Abby156
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 5:22:56 PM
posing with dead animals.
 jco415
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/16/2018 5:33:27 PM
Cartoon animal features, guess which person in the picture is me, pictures, pictures with your children, Distant pictures, sunglasses, any filter or editing, old pictures, tattoos...
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:13:37 AM
cindi_rella wrote:
Picture with guns or other weapons or dead animals is an instant turn off for me.
I think having a dead man, with his severed c0ck and b@lls stuffed in his mouth, in the background, would be a turn off for me. I may add I wouldn't be surprised to see that in a few wimminz pictures on this board.

Dayna:
That's why toilets have lids, both men and women need to shut the lid.
I'll be the first to admit I may not be up to date in toilet lid etiquette, but I left the lid down when I had an elderly dog in the house and I had mold formations on the underside of the lid. Thus I choose open freedom for my toilets, and always have.

Cooldog:
1. Mirror selfies where they're looking into the phone instead of at the mirror. Always makes them look cross-eyed.

2. Mirror selfies where I can see their charger cable. Can't you wait for your phone to charge?

3. I can't stand seeing the same types of poses over and over. Always the damn hand on the hip with the half turn with knee pointed forward. Where's the uniqueness? Study vintage photos.

4. Provocative poses and their profile says don't hit them up for sex. What do you expect when you present yourself that way?

5. I hate filtered pictures. It's just plain stupid.

6. I hate memes or sayings. I couldn't care less.

7. I hate those pictures with somebody's legs/feet. What's the fücking point?
And if they looked like Diana Ross, circa 1964, you would swiftly disregard the above.

Flyover
Showing me how cute or hot you WERE ?
Because they're not cute or hot now.

browneyesboo wrote:
Pictures with recliners in them...worse if the recliner has
duct tape on it and a cup holder with a beer in it.
Yeah, if the guy is too lazy to photoshop out the duct tape, WTF?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:57:02 AM
... reviewed this thread yesterday and thought, "I guess I have no profile photo triggers" ... opened Plenty of Fish this morning and was shocked to see a woman who lives nearby had picked as her profile photo ... a picture of (presumably) her, with her back to the camera, leaning into a truck ... no visible clothing from the waist down ... WHOA! ok ... I was wrong ... THAT was a trigger!!! did not know I had triggers ...
 2ufo
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:28:04 AM

Funny to see those with no profile photo complaining about profile photos they dislike. At least they made an effort.

Even people currently without photos can have an opinion and answer questions about profiles with photos.

Actually, some of those photos show no effort and, unless one of their interests is 'photography', I'm far more interested in effort on the words of their profile.
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:32:00 AM

And if they looked like Diana Ross, circa 1964, you would swiftly disregard the above.

Damn! You know me well. I would get her off of the market at record speed...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Triggers in profile photos