Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nasty messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nathan38416
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Nasty messagesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Why do people feel the need to insult random strangers on the internet with no provocation whatsoever? I mean I know why they do it. They do it because they can and because the anonymity of the internet makes them feel safe. I just don't get that attitude though because it's self-defeating. If you act like that in public, you're gonna get treat by people the same way. In order to get respect you first have to give it and the people who do things like this prove they're not worthy of it. The thing is you would never act like that in public because if you say it to the wrong person it's a good way to get a drink poured over your head or maybe even something worse.

Sent a girl a message yesterday, she replied back today saying my dog is ugly and that it's true when people dogs look like their owners. To be honest she looked like the type who would do that and her profile confirmed it, so I sent her a sarcastic message about myself being ugly, and I had a feeling she'd reply with something nasty. It doesn't bother me, I just find it funny that people do that. Like it makes them feel good to put someone else down. Are their lives that empty and miserable the only pleasure they get from life is insulting people?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 2
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/23/2018 4:53:10 PM
It obviously does bother you, since you started this thread. Your dog is not ugly and neither are you. Don't engage rude people.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/23/2018 5:03:15 PM
in person is MUCH worse!! it has been many years but to this day, I know their are three posable responses: yes, no or hell no you disgusting piece of shit! the few times it happened online, I felt it was their own issues, they have a profile and I messaged, a rude response is just that, RUDE!
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/24/2018 7:54:00 AM
You should have blocked her as soon as you saw her overly rude message.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/24/2018 9:46:48 AM

Are their lives that empty and miserable the only pleasure they get from life is insulting people?

Yes.

Now take your ugly dog and your ugly self and get out of here. (I'm kidding!)

But I do have to wonder........

Sent a girl a message yesterday,

she replied back today saying my dog is ugly and that it's true when people dogs look like their owners.

To be honest she looked like the type who would do that and her profile confirmed it,

If she looked like the type who would do that, and her profile confirmed it, why would you send that type of person a message in the first place?

it's self-defeating.

Many people are their own worst enemies.
They revel in their mediocrity rather than strive for something better.

Better luck in the future.
 backcreek7
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/24/2018 11:27:34 AM

Why do people feel the need to insult random strangers

... Because they are f*ucked up fools, that's why ...

*Forget about trying to analyze them ~ life is too short, to waste ANY type of time, on a dumb a*ss fool ...

hmmm ? fools ?~ hmmm ?

^ Wouldn't you just know it ? Reminds me of one of my favorite rock songs evah, in my OP ( love the guitar work )>>>>

* lyrics ~ " Running like the wind and laugh at the crowd, the fool and me ....
................. Howl at the moon baby, yell out loud ~ the fool and me ....
................. Two fools dancing, on the hands of time, yeah

THE FOOL AND ME by Robin Trower

puff puff woof ...
>turn it up ^

heart / sun
 hemingway234
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/24/2018 3:08:53 PM
Some people have bad attitudes - it's just the way they are. All you can do is steer clear of them as best you can and don't engage them. It's probably why they are single.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/24/2018 4:09:39 PM
It's odd that anyone would want to respond to another in such a manner. I used to try to understand, but gave up investing energy in that. Not understanding it is probably better in the long run.
I have been messaged with insults several times and I didn't even message them first. I occasionally wake up to find insulting messages in my inbox. It used to bother me. I try not to invest in thinking about it, but it depends on the day as to how easy that is.
 ohenryx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 6:44:58 AM
One of the weirdest things that has ever happened to me as a part of online dating…

Maybe 4 or 5 years back, I saw a woman’s profile that really caught my attention. She was within a few years of my age, and reasonably attractive, although not a knockout by any means. But what really caught my attention were two things. First, she had posted a full 16 pictures. All of them were taken in the same time period (obviously within a few months), all of them were of her and her alone, and you got to see her face and her figure. Not provocative, but you knew exactly what to expect if you were to ever meet her.

Second, she wrote quite a bit describing herself, her life, and what she was looking for. I thought we just might be a match, definitely worth a few minutes to try and find out. So I wrote her a rather long initial message, commenting on several things in her profile. I would quote her words, and then my reply. I probably spent 30 minutes working on that initial message, which is something I don’t normally do, but I was very interested, so …

She replied back, basically asking, “What the hell are you talking about?” I replied, saying I was quoting things from HER profile and responding to things that SHE had written.

Her reply? “I didn’t write that, and I’ve never read it. I guess I ought to go do that.”

At that point, I let the whole thing just drop. But I did wonder if she was just f’ing with my head, or if she stole the profile, or had someone else write it for her, or …
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 7:24:18 AM

did wonder if she was just f’ing with my head

Methinks she was saying FVCK YOU, not "just f’ing with your head"

nasty woman
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:22:47 AM
Good mornin' Sir Henry, nice to see you again.
The nastiest message I got, came from within the Forums.
Man told me, in so many words, "You don't have any chance of finding a man."
This was about 2 years ago.
LOL, I forwarded his message to a Forum friend, and she had a little fun with him. Oh too funny! (Evil laugh)
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 10:01:07 AM
There used to be a man that would frequently boast about how badly he treated women, then would go ask really dumb questions in AAG (you might remember him). When he posted the thread asking if he were our brother what type of woman would we set him up with I wrote that I wouldn't fix him up with anyone. He emailed me telling me that I am not allowed to post in any thread he starts.
 PollyR107
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 10:19:56 AM
Don’t be disheartened, OP. You and your dog aren’t ugly in anyway. Don’t listen to people who are so messed up that they feel the need to make others’ life miserable.

I work with people, helping them to get their health better. But you have no idea how rude some of them can be to me and my colleagues. Just unreal. Nonetheless, we have to keep calm and carry on (our job).

This is probably why I don’t give a crap about what some rude strangers on the internet have to say about me. On POF, you can report rude users’ profile and keep your and their messages in your inbox for the admin to see. I did this a couple of times and their profiles disappeared in half an hour.

Best of luck.
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 10:28:59 AM
"The nastiest message I got"

Miss Lady,

I have found that you can't find any finer people than Harley Bikers, so I would bet you and your man are good people.

I'd set up the nasty woman from O Henry's post with the nasty man from your post.
 Rumours
Msg: 15
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 11:26:35 AM
A few years back...A man with a profile with one singular but very attractive picture.
Messaged me and said..."Tonight...drinks...I buy" and that was it.
It was 8ish in the evening.
I politely declined for quite a few reasons....which I didn't mention all of them.

He came back with something like...."are you waiting for your pension to kick in"

I blocked him....
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 1:11:08 PM
LOL Thank you, IACSTated, We have good people in our lives, friends and family, and yes, sometimes aholotta bikers! Heading to Milwaukee on Friday.
At the time of the "Nasty Message", BF and I had been together for 2 years. He was in my profile pictures.
Hmmm,...………... maybe nasty guy needed new eye glasses?
 ssm508
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/25/2018 3:45:51 PM
That has happened me a few times. I emailed a woman and she replied stating that I look like a dork in my pictures. Another woman sent me a random email and said I looked like a "thug" because my fist was clenched in one of my pictures. LOL. I had never contacted the second woman.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:06:31 AM
People can be cruel. You don't look ugly Imo. Try not to let it get to you.
People have insulted me and been cruel also. It's up to you to decide if you are going to mess with them or ignore it. Sometimes it's just not worth it.
Some random guy messaged me calling me a racist for some reason lol.
Other than that, on here the men haven't really harassed me except for that guy who stalked me online for ages and the one that was knocking on random houses in my area looking for me.
 LBJfan600
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:45:01 PM
this site is an absolute cesspool
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:55:26 PM
Worst message I received was about 8 years ago from a total stranger - I hadn't even looked at his profile. Can't remember why he thought I was such a horrible person but he ended with I would never get a man and should kill myself now.

I blocked him so he created another profile to write to me again.

I blocked that one. So he edited his own profile with a message like 'Cynthia you are blah blah blah'

So I did a tineye search on his photo that got a hit on a real estate agent in the town listed on his profile so I removed the block to write to him saying leave me alone or i'd forward his messages to his boss at xyz company. (Although I really wouldn't have because I wasn't certain the photo wasn't stolen). Still, I never heard from him again.
 daynadaze
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:12:00 PM
Several years ago a group of women were sending me stupid messages, I answered once to tell them not to use my mailbox to bash me, instead to bash me right in the forums. They all stopped sending me their juvenile crap except one, who was considered a nice old lady in the forums, she sent some really nasty stuff, so I blocked her. I haven't heard from them since. You can't fix stupid, but you don't have to talk to them either, mostly I never answer people who do this, I just block them. I really don't get many of those.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:29:30 PM
I never really received any nasty messages, maybe just annoying ones. I'm not nasty with people that write to me.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/27/2018 4:28:36 AM
One has to think what message did you send to get a nasty message? I want a nasty message the nastier the better... Oh my bad wrong type of nasty well I don't get those types either.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/29/2018 8:42:02 PM

One has to think what message did you send to get a nasty message? I want a nasty message the nastier the better... Oh my bad wrong type of nasty well I don't get those types either.

Stop blaming others for getting mistreated you victim blamer.
 siisaa
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Nasty messages
Posted: 8/29/2018 9:21:58 PM

Are their lives that empty and miserable the only pleasure they get from life is insulting people?

Probably. At the end of the day, it isn't your problem. It's theirs. Misery loves company.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nasty messages