Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Will moderators act on racist abuse in personal messages?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 saint2018
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Will moderators act on racist abuse in personal messages?Page 1 of 1    
I was talking to someone. We exchanged a few messages, but after I mentioned that I'm mixed race they proceeded to call me a "mongrel breed", which is a common dehumanising slur aimed towards mixed race people.

I looked for a way of reporting this but I'm not sure if racial abuse falls under "interpersonal issues" which POF says it doesn't act on.

Thanks.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 2
Will moderators act on racist abuse in personal messages?
Posted: 8/25/2018 7:56:47 AM
Theres not much you can do when someone insults you. Block them.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/28/2018 2:49:19 AM
What moderators???

This site runs on autopilot. Either the message contains blacklisted words and the automatic filters catch and delete it, or they don't.

If they don't then just delete and block yourself.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2018 2:01:26 PM
You can report the inbox message as "rude or innapropriate" and explain in the text box why you think that it is.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Will moderators act on racist abuse in personal messages?