Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > RIP JOHN MCCAIN      Home login  
 AUTHOR
RIP JOHN MCCAINPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Please use this post/thread to pay your respects.

Veteran, husband, father, friend, Senator.

n order to maintain the highest quality forums all new topics must be at least 200 letters long.
Your new thread must have a topic and that hasn't already been discussed to death.

If you do not do this other users will report your thread to be deleted.
 LGL1975
Msg: 2
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:42:08 PM

Veteran, husband, father, friend, Senator.

You forgot 'scumbag'.
 dolatar
Msg: 3
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/25/2018 9:04:21 PM
^^^^^^ the topic is McCain not Trump.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 4
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/25/2018 10:48:32 PM
“You forgot 'scumbag'.”

Somebody’s been paying attention for the past 40 years.
 dolatar
Msg: 5
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:13:04 AM
^^^^^says the man who actually has respect for somebody like Trump himself. Can you spell SAD?
 dolatar
Msg: 6
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:44:50 AM
You know, whatever issues McCain had as a young man, he still had class and dignity as a senator. They would have had trump squealing like a pig in that pow camp.
 Rumours
Msg: 7
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 6:56:16 AM
RIP....From what I seen of him.
A brave, honourable,loyal man and deserves respect....irregardless of his politics.
Had many friends who cared for him..from both sides of the political aisle.

They would have had trump squealing like a pig in that pow camp.

Isn't that the truth .
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 8
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:19:34 AM
Unbelievable that a 'RIP John McCain' thread dissolves into a 'bash Trump' thread.
What? What am I saying? Every thread on here turns into 'bash Trump' thread.
SMH ;-(
 dolatar
Msg: 9
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:23:17 AM
^^^maybe you weren't paying attention. It first devolved into mccains is a scum bag post. No mention of that though by you.

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours
 LGL1975
Msg: 10
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:36:58 AM

the topic is McCain not Trump.

says the man who actually has respect for somebody like Trump himself. Can you spell SAD?

They would have had trump squealing like a pig in that pow camp.

Some people find it difficult to interact meaningfully with those who hold differing views. They tend to shut down any debate by ridiculing others or by labeling them if they don’t agree with their views on, say, healthcare, environmental, or immigration policies. In essence, they are afraid of and/or are intolerant towards any opposing views.

This violates what Dr. Frankl called “self-detachment,” our unique capacity as human beings to look at ourselves with a sense of perspective. Being a true progressive requires that we be able to look at ourselves in a detached way, in order to authentically “know thyself” in a larger context and free ourselves from restrictive thought patterns. When faced with opposing views, we need to step back and see the bigger picture. Lesson: Look at Yourself from a Distance.

Many on the Left have good intentions of creating a world that works for all. But a fixation on bringing about change at any cost, shutting down debate and diversity of thought, holding others “prisoners of their thoughts,” being angry, advocating acts of violence, or even believing that Trump could not possibly do one thing good for America or for the world, will backfire.

With so much talk about creating a wall along the southern border of the US, the bigger issue now is the wall that has been created between the left and the right.

We cannot connect meaningfully with others if we believe that we have a monopoly on truth.5

No one has all the answers to the many formidable challenges facing the world today. Indeed, it would be foolish and dangerous to think that any one person or group does. Moreover, we will never attain common ground unless we are all willing and able to go to a higher ground.

Without assuming personal and collective responsibility to learn and grow from our experiences and from each other, there can be no democracy, no real freedom. Perhaps the arrival of Trump will turn out to be just the catalyst we need.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-meaningful-life/201803/why-the-left-s-obsession-donald-trump-will-backfire
 dolatar
Msg: 11
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:28:32 AM
^^^;how eloquent from the man on a thread meant to honor McCain calling him a scumbag. Could you be any more trumponian?

trinity818
Msg: 12
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:14:11 AM
I was truly choked up to read that John McCain had passed away.

He was a very courageous man and I had great respect for him.

I voted for him even though I despised Sarah Palin. He saved my health insurance against all odds. He was a man that worked to stay true to his convictions. He will be missed by many.
 LGL1975
Msg: 13
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:14:22 AM

Could you be any more trumponian?

I've never been a Trump supporter. Not everyone you disagree with is Trump/Hitler.

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1"
 Rumours
Msg: 14
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:42:49 AM
That's right Trinity...There are many stories surfacing, where he could have played dirty politics but didn't.
He ran against Obama and would not bash his character or hop on the band wagon or repeat false claims against him.
Few people know....When captured he refused to be released before his fellow comrades.
A true hero..
Apparently that's a scumbag character flaw to some....what the hell is wrong with people.

If anything he is the epitome of a man that recognized...people could have differences of opinions but still be respectful.
 backcreek7
Msg: 15
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:53:56 AM

You forgot 'scumbag' but let us interact meaningfully, with those who hold different views

OK, I will react meaningfully ~

^^^ Your the f*ucking scumbag joke LGL1975, you useless piece of s*hit ! Tell us here, what you have accomplished in your life, other then your criticism of a war hero. I bet you haven't done jack s*hit, nothing but shoot your F-ing mouth off.

...... Go ahead ~ list the things of importance you've achieved > bet the entire list, will end after " I was born ". You really have some nerve, you dip f*uck !

...... Maybe I miss-interpreted your post ~ that your using some kind of "reverse psychology" ? I highly doubt it, your great at copying others thoughts, but have no original ones, I've ever read.

heart / sun

heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:10:47 AM

reverse psychology

Maybe I need to clarify ^ my post a bit ...

ANYONE who thinks John McCain was a scumbag ~ is just self reflecting, about themselves ...

heart / sun
 dolatar
Msg: 17
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:36:57 AM

I've never been a Trump supporter. Not everyone you disagree with is Trump/Hitler.

Doesn't matter...calling Mccain a "scum-bag" on a thread meant to honor him is the type of thing Trump would do....because he has huge character defects..... so whether you support Trump or not, the question is how many of his defective character traits you share with him.
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:37:26 AM
RIP Mr. McCain, the world could use a few more like you!
 LGL1975
Msg: 19
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:57:35 AM

Your the f*ucking scumbag joke LGL1975, you useless piece of s*hit ! Tell us here, what you have accomplished in your life, other then your criticism of a war hero. I bet you haven't done jack s*hit, nothing but shoot your F-ing mouth off.

...... Go ahead ~ list the things of importance you've achieved > bet the entire list, will end after " I was born ". You really have some nerve, you dip f*uck !

Go home and get your sheet you creep.

Maybe I miss-interpreted your post ~ that your using some kind of "reverse psychology" ? I highly doubt it, your great at copying others thoughts, but have no original ones, I've ever read.

LOL... like you would know
 backcreek7
Msg: 20
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 11:47:19 AM

go home and get your " sheet " you creep

^^^ col ( chuckle out loud )

Ahhh , I understand ~ You need to clean up the messy " sheet " , that comes out of your mouth ( hands dipf*uck a roll of toilet paper )

S
 siisaa
Msg: 21
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:41:29 PM

RIP Mr. McCain, the world could use a few more like you!

Agreed. He was the best GOP candidate in recent years :)))
 oldwxman
Msg: 22
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:42:41 PM
Scumbag is a little much. He was one of the Keating Five, accused of corruption during the S&L Crisis. In most respects, he was more than principled. He was a war-hawk. Career naval officers who went to Annapolis usually are. If he were anti war, it would be suspicious.

Someone already mentioned his political scruples. He was nobody's puppet. He may have been often wrong but he was decently wrong and out of true conviction.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 23
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/27/2018 11:56:19 AM
To me, the greatest moment in McCain’s career of public service was the one mentioned here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/one-moment-from-mccain%e2%80%99s-2008-run-made-clear-his-character-and-foretold-trump%e2%80%99s-rise/ar-BBMu1MZ?ocid=ientp

>>>At a high school about 30 miles south of Minneapolis, a blond woman in a red shirt addresses McCain, who is in the final weeks of what will be his second failed run for the White House.

“I gotta ask you a question,” she says. “I do not believe in, I can’t trust Obama. I have read about him, and he’s not a . . . he’s an Arab.”

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

“No, ma’am,” McCain replies, shaking his head and taking the microphone from her. “He’s a decent family man and citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues, and that’s what this campaign is all about.”<<<

It was probably at that moment eventual Trump cultists like LGL (who can deny it all he wants), Sandy and KJ turned against McCain – he had a chance to be Trump before Trump and let all his bigoted racist glory hang out by agreeing with this vile piece of white trash, but instead he took the highest road a Republican can take and told her she had no idea what she was talking about and that his political opponent was a good man. 8 years later, the Republicans would nominate a disgusting excuse for a human being for whom NO political opponent, including and maybe ESPECIALLY McCain, was a “decent family man” and spent his entire campaign (and 2 years since) ridiculing and condemning anyone that didn’t worship the ground he walked on. Now all of his rabid followers are calling the deceased “scumbag” and dancing on his grave. But you know what? When Trump kicks the bucket, no doubt all those who believe him to be a horrible human being will probably be dancing on his grave, too, so maybe it’s all relative. Or maybe it’s just karma. Regardless, my how the Republicans have fallen over the past 10 years… in sheer decency.

I must give Fox News credit: even their anchors say every time they introduce a segment about McCain that he was an “American hero.” The president their network is dedicated to supporting doesn’t believe so and because of that, very few of their viewers believe so, yet they have taken the high road about McCain’s death anyway (Infowars, probably not so much). Of course, this happened over the weekend, so who knows what Fox News’ biggest Trump brown-nosers’ Hannity and Tucker are going to say about McCain when they’re back at their desks today. Heck, who knows what Trump will eventually say/tweet when he starts feeling it's "safe" to stomp on McCain's body.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 24
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/27/2018 3:48:39 PM
I only know little about john McCain, mainly what was in the news or on the telly over here. That he was a former POW who survived torture and showed his gameness by letting other POW's get their freedom before he did.

His politics i don't know a great deal about. But i read this below earlier on. Is it true that he was a hawk? Belligerent to other nations?...............

"For a clear illustration of the effects of Trump Derangement Syndrome, look no further than the elevation to the status of secular saint of the recently deceased Republican senator and former presidential hopeful, John McCain.

McCain was famously critical of Donald Trump during his election campaign.

Amid the rolling-news hagiography of the late senator,

CNN’s Jake Tapper veered momentarily off-script to ask whether ‘the reason there’s so much reverence for him today is because of who’s in the White House right now’.

Indeed, the organs of the #Resistance have struggled to contain their appreciation for the right-wing senator ever since he first criticised Trump. Last year, a writer for the Washington Post said it is ‘simply impossible to overestimate the love, bordering on worship, that reporters in Washington’ had for McCain.

Following his death, a Washington Post editorial claimed that ‘all over this world, Mr McCain is associated with freedom and democracy’. He ‘championed human rights with verve and timelessness – speaking out against repression and authoritarianism’, apparently.

But that doesn’t change the fact that he was also a serial warmonger who endorsed every disastrous US military intervention of the past two decades.

He has even called for military action in Nigeria, Mali, North Korea, Iran, Sudan and Russia.

In a competitive field, he held some of the most hawkish foreign-policy views of any American politician. He cosied up to dictators in Libya and Saudi Arabia – ‘Thank God for the Saudis’, he once said to CNN. But for today’s so-called Resistance, simply being anti-Trump puts you on the right side of history.

The overblown, hysterical reaction to Trump, the belief that his victory heralded a return to the 1930s, that he is a uniquely evil president, is having a profound effect on some people’s understanding of the recent past.

The relentless media love-bombing of McCain has completely transformed his reputation. According to a Fox News poll, while just 41 per cent of Republicans hold a favourable view of the late senator, 60 per cent of Democrats do.

Similarly, George W Bush, architect of the 21st century’s bloodiest war and overseer of the financial crisis, now receives standing ovations at speaking engagements because he has criticised Trump.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is whitewashing some of the most destructive events and decisions of recent history and rehabilitating those responsible for them.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-whitewashing-of-john-mccain/21745#.W4R8riPTVcs

So what do any of yous think about what the geezer from cnn said? He seems to have been well up for american military intervention all over the world.

But because he disliked trump all his hawkishness is consigned to the memory hole?

And is george bush also forgiven for the iraq debacle because he doesn't like trump either?

This below is written about in the guardian online. An arabic writer said McCain was a racist for saying this below.

That obama was not arabic he was a decent family man. Implying that arabic folk are not decent family folk.........

“I gotta ask you a question,” she says. “I do not believe in, I can’t trust Obama. I have read about him, and he’s not a . . . he’s an Arab.”

“No, ma’am,” McCain replies, shaking his head and taking the microphone from her. “He’s a decent family man and citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues, and that’s what this campaign is all about.”<<<

No arabs allowed apparently.
 LGL1975
Msg: 25
view profile
History
RIP JOHN MCCAIN
Posted: 8/27/2018 5:00:00 PM

It was probably at that moment eventual Trump cultists like LGL (who can deny it all he wants), Sandy and KJ turned against McCain

I remember when John McCain ran against George W. Bush in the 2000 rigged election. McCain's job then was to make Bush look good. McCain the warmongering imbecile vs. Bush the moderate imbecile.

You remember McCain saying nice things about Obama. But in both recollections McCain is doing the same thing. Promoting the candidate the ruling class have chosen to be president.

I don't believe anything Trump says. You fall for his bullshit because it's offensive to you. And this allows his lies to go directly to the emotional part of the brain. Bypassing the bullshit filter and triggering an angry response. So even though you disagree with what Trump says you've implicitly endorsed his lies as being sincere expressions of support for white supremacy.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > RIP JOHN MCCAIN