Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Countrycutie130
Msg: 1
Profile review?Page 1 of 1    
Hello Everyone!

I have not had very good luck on this site, I am honestly getting very frustrated! Could you take a few min and look at my profile and let me know what you think and what I can change? Thanks for taking the time to do so. have a wonderful day
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile review?
Posted: 8/27/2018 10:36:59 AM

let me know what you think and what I can change?

I think your judgmental sounding headline combined with your comment about looking for a "non-judgmental man" are at odds with each other and hurting your chances.
Headlines will usually be the first words anyone reads after looking at photos, and your headline could be construed as insulting right off the bat, even if you didn't intend it that way.
Think of a more positive headline.
 SingleInChurch
Msg: 3
Profile review?
Posted: 8/27/2018 4:35:50 PM
I think your profile is nice, don't think you need to change anything. For what it's worth, I don't think most of the people on here are having much luck either!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 4
Profile review?
Posted: 8/28/2018 2:46:31 AM
Agree the headline is terrible. Who wants to date someone so negative?

The photos are not great. Harsh flash lighting on the main, from above on the 2nd, and blurry 3rd.

Why "prefer not to say" body type? Be more confident. Everyone can see your pics anyway.

The about me is mostly a repeat of the basic facts above. No need to repeat your age, marital status, etc. The rest is very basic and generic. You should try to write something more interesting. You're trying to sell yourself here right?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 5
Profile review?
Posted: 8/28/2018 3:19:55 AM
Hi OP,
You may want to proofread it for spelling, and I agree with Mark, expand it to make more interesting, add some details. Have you done anything fun lately you can share? The part about "some college" may raise questions, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought nurses have at least an associate's degree.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile review?
Posted: 8/28/2018 10:58:43 AM
"Not here for a hookup" gets people to think of hookups and that you're actually looking for a hookup.

One photo looks like you might be on a bed, therefore suggestive.
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Profile review?
Posted: 8/28/2018 8:16:07 PM
"Prefer not to say" is not a body type. Go with 'A Few Extra Pounds' and get it over with. "Prefer not to say" doesn't show up in searches.

You definitely could add a few more photos. Got anything from a recent vacation or event? No obvious selfies.

You missed the Interests field entirely. Add at least 6-9 one or two-word items that describe your favourites (ie: Sport you play, team you follow, music group/genre/artist, author, food/cuisine, holiday spot, comedian, something you collect..) This helps guys with what to use as an introduction.

The profile body is incomplete:
I am 29 yrs old. single never married no kids, <<< This is already in your Stats

Enjoy being independent. <<< Is this a statement, comment or demand? Adults should enjoy being independant. What exactly is it you're trying to say with this? (perhaps that you are enjoying your life as it is but would also enjoy someone to share it with?)

I work at a home health care and hospice, I Love what I do.) <<< Nice - this type of work takes a very caring, hard-working mindset.

I have my own place, nice suv, ect <<< so? Not sure why this is here. Maybe instead mention something you love about having your own place - do you garden? love DIY projects? If you're not going to expand on this, delete it.

I am looking for a non judgmental man that has his life together and ready to settle down. <<< Why does he have to be non-judgmental? What are you going to do for him to judge?? That's a scary statement. Would it be fair to say you want an emotionally-mature, open-minded, positive guy? (or other words that won't cause alarm)

I enjoy horseback riding, camping, car shows, movies, bonfires, four wheeling. <<< This is a list of words. Why not expand on one of these and explain why you enjoy it? Or where you enjoy going camping or 4-wheeling? Guys can then use this as a way to start a conversation.

I am not interested in a hookup or 1 night stand.<<< Then don't reply to those that are asking for them. A statement like this means nothing to the pigs that write anyway asking for them and sounds defensive to those that wouldn't be so vulgar. Delete this.

If you are looking for someone 'together' you need to present yourself as open and positive. The profile right now feels restrictive and negative. I'm pretty sure you can find the words to express the positive.

You are writing to men YOU find interesting, right?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review?