Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do men and women still speak the same language?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Do men and women still speak the same language? Page 1 of 1    
It seems to me that there is a Grand Canyon divide between male and female expectations and how we communicate them.

Is it just me?
Or do women have a hard time committing to texting or even a phone chat?
Lots of times I hear yes, let's get together for a glass of wine, then it rarely happens.
Why do men have to start and carry on the conversations and all I seem to get in most cases is yes no answers.
Is there a better way to create engagement?

I understand dating online can be a full-time job in itself, and I understand that women are bombarded with messages every day. If it's a match great move forward to the next step. if it is a no thank you delete.

Where am I wrong here? I would like to hear from all genders
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do men and women still speak the same language?
Posted: 8/27/2018 11:19:37 AM

It seems to me that there is a Grand Canyon

Yes, there is.
It's in northern Arizona.
I have been there.
Even hiked down to the river.
And back up again.
In ONE day.
The park rangers do not recommend that.
Guide books do not recommend that.
But I did it anyway.

Is there a better way to create engagement?

Yes.
Get down on one knee.

I understand dating online can be a full-time job in itself,

More like an unpaid internship.

let's get together for a glass of wine

You're not my type.

Is it just me?

Yes.
 moraima
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2018 12:10:54 PM
Your last thread on this topic got deleted, so you are trying to squeak this thread onto the board.

Is it just me?

How many threads will it take for you to accept that it is just you.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/27/2018 3:24:54 PM

Where am I wrong here? I would like to hear from all genders

You are wrong for treating dating and relationships like getting and keeping a job. Your boss retains your services, he does not care about your personally. In relationships, caring for each other personally is paramount.
 SingleInChurch
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/27/2018 4:09:54 PM
I'm not sure men and women ever spoke the same language! But the issue you address is on both sides of the fence. Once, I was on a paid dating site, and a guy would call now and then "just to say hello." I asked him if he paid all that money for a dating membership just to call people to say hi? I think true engagement happens when people really share some of their most important interests, and if they like each other's profiles. That said, I do have a slower pace than some and I make that clear in my profile.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2018 8:04:29 PM
Ohhhhh, yes.

You can tell her what you want. And she'll make you guess what she wants.

Also, what day is it? Count that changing from day to day. (Or hour to hour.)

S'matter with you? Can't you read minds?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2018 8:10:32 PM
You got 500 dates from online dating in 18 months, which is 540 days, or nearly a date every day.

You don't have a problem, but maybe you exaggerate?
 hemingway234
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/29/2018 11:10:25 AM
The reason it's hard to make a connection online is, they don't know you, they are talking to too many guys, or they are high maintenance.

Also, you may have some problems with your profile - there is too much heavy stuff and it's too long.
 feirene
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 7:15:16 PM
We have a hard time commiting, especially on dating sites where people talk a lot of shit basically.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 10:00:10 AM
If you have to ask if it's you, it's you.

Your profile doesn't make sense, to either gender. You crashed your bicycle, so it forced you to write? Are you permanently disabled now, in a wheelchair?
 whiterose0
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/1/2018 12:14:06 PM

Also, you may have some problems with your profile - there is too much heavy stuff and it's too long.

I agree. Your profile is too long-winded and verbose. It gives the impression that a woman couldn't get a word in edgewise if she were to meet you face-to-face. You might consider taking it over to Profile Reviews for some helpful pointers on making your profile more appealing.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 1:53:42 PM
OP, are your threads just research for your book about designing perfect relationships?
 grover14
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 6:05:44 PM
I think there was a book, "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus". Different languages.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 7:27:00 PM
Grover, the OP has in his profile that he's writing just such a book. I confess I couldn't resist asking.

Do you mind if I mention that I like picture number two the best, Grover?
 mrcs84
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 12:48:04 PM

Or do women have a hard time committing to texting or even a phone chat?

"The medium is the message" is term growing in popularity. The fact that she's not committing to text/phone conversation is her telling you that you're low on her list of priorities. Women make time for those they are interested in. There is no "hard time" with any of it.

Why do men have to start and carry on the conversations and all I seem to get in most cases is yes no answers.

Men have to because women by and large have no backbones when it comes to initiating conversation. Moreover, women DON'T HAVE TO. Many men are willing to put forth that effort. What women is going to stick her neck out for an unknown, when they already know that her inbox is filled with interested suitors? The cultural norm is still that men approach. That paradigm isn't going to shift any time soon (though the #metoo movement has been making some strides in male apprehension towards courting).

A better way to create an engagement is to go outside and meet people in person. The once-removed aspect of hiding behind a screen coupled with the abundance mentality of the next option being one click away has been doing a great job of watering down the dating scene.
 sun_water
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/3/2018 1:04:47 PM

No. When men talk, I need an interpreter to translate so I can understand what they are saying. LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do men and women still speak the same language?