Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Can you trust married women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Can you trust married women?Page 1 of 1    
So the other day while tending my garden, a woman exercising close by began commenting on my garden. We talked for quite awhile about many subjects.

She asked me for my phone number but was quick to inform me that she was married and not hitting on me. Which I told her I was fine with that, as I am not looking for a relationship.

Can I trust that she just wants platonic conversations over coffee or is she looking have an affair?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 2
Can you trust married women?
Posted: 8/31/2018 9:01:22 PM
OP you sound like a young girl who's afraid to go out alone after dark. If you don't want to have an affair with her, don't have it, who cares what she wants.
 feirene
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 3:21:35 AM
She might be lonely and feels like you'd make a good friend? She may even work in telelsales and get money for your number, idk.
 hemingway234
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 6:36:55 AM
She said she's married and not hitting on you. If she's not crazy, she's telling you the truth. A woman who wanted to get series with a man would never say such a thing.
 2ufo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 12:04:55 PM
At some point, meet her spouse.

If nothing else, use her as training and a decoy (like a duck decoy to attract more ducks). As she gets to know you, she will introduce you to some of her friends. If she really likes you as a friend, she will actually search out women for you. If you're lucky, one of her friends saw you in the garden and asked her to check you out.

For whatever reason, simply go with the flow unless and until she hits boundaries you don't want to mess with (i.e. she wants an affair to punish her spouse and you don't want to go there).
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 2:39:50 PM
Maybe she thought you might be interesting enough to get to know more before trying to fix you up with one of her friends?
 Norasings
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/1/2018 10:05:14 PM
LOL! A women can't have a friendly interaction with a man without wanting to jump his bones?
 whiterose0
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 11:08:32 AM

Can I trust that she just wants platonic conversations over coffee or is she looking have an affair?

I don't think she's lying to you about wanting only platonic friendship. To suggest that she might want an affair with you is just wishful thinking on your part. Sorry.
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Can you trust married men?
Posted: 9/14/2018 2:37:16 PM

I don't think she's lying to you about wanting only platonic friendship. To suggest that she might want an affair with you is just wishful thinking on your part. Sorry.

LOL
Yet the past 2 women were hitched. One married, the other common-law and both wanted to jump my bones.
Haters will hate I guess.

Would the answers be different if the topic was about married men?

So the other day while tending my garden, a man exercising close by began commenting on my garden. We talked for quite awhile about many subjects.

He asked me for my phone number but was quick to inform me that he was married and not hitting on me. Which I told him I was fine with that, as I am not looking for a relationship.

Can I trust that he just wants platonic conversations over coffee or is he looking have an affair?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/14/2018 5:26:27 PM
Okay, she wants to jump your bones, if you like that answer better.
 whiterose0
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 11:28:52 PM

Haters will hate I guess.

You're no better, insinuating she's a liar. If you're that untrusting, why didn't you just ask her the same question you asked us?
 curvylady1965
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2018 8:16:14 AM
You've had two experiences that lead you to wonder and being alert is fine. But perhaps don't allow suspiciousness to prevent you from forming friendships you may value over time.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2018 8:21:41 AM
DONT DO IT!!! she and all her friends, other lonely and bored housewives, want to use you for sex. they will force you to have sex with multiple women day and night! once word gets out, they will travel from miles away and you will be servicing 100's! run while you still can!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2018 9:13:50 AM
msg#13:
DONT DO IT!!! she and all her friends, other lonely and bored housewives, want to use you for sex. they will force you to have sex with multiple women day and night! once word gets out, they will travel from miles away and you will be servicing 100's! run while you still can!

I knooooowwwww~ Could get to be a real problem for the OP. Soon he'll have to start 'charging'!
hahahaha
 Tech30
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 9:47:28 AM
Married or not, never trust a woman.
 ssm508
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:42:56 AM
Perhaps she is being honest. Nothing wrong with a married heterosexual person being friends with someone from the opposite sex. Don't make broad assumptions because of a few previous experiences. The OP won't know for sure until he spent some time hanging out with her.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2018 8:01:09 PM
If she is a neighbor be a neighbor. Ask to meet her husband earlier than later. You may find a better friend in him.

If you have even the slightest thoughts that you are entertaining about her in a romantic way do not get involved.

If she is reserved or hesitates when you ask to meet her husband she has ulterior motives and she was lying she was hitting on you.

When I was married I did not entertain any men that were not or did not know my husband well. His friends and they all thought I was a gracious hostess and friend.. otherwise I had nothing to do with them.
I didn't seek out other men to ask for their phone numbers.
That would have been disrespectful to my husband.
It would be an insult to his integrity.

God rest your soul my sweet Rob. Gone too soon. I will love you forever.
 back2black8
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/17/2018 9:46:21 PM
Perhaps this is only my experience, but I have found that most women see no issue with being solely a platonic friend with a man, and genuinely only are after friendship, especially if they are upfront about that.

My experience, however, is that men seem to always believe that isn't the case and sex is always the end result. I have made intentions in the past CRYSTAL CLEAR to some guys that it was strictly platonic for me, but each time they would end up trying to put the moves on me and make out or have sex.

I know the common belief with gender differences is that men are more likely to be sex-driven, etc., so perhaps this is the issue? Maybe most guys think most women are like that as well?
 Tech30
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 8:18:39 AM
Married women shouldnt be out looking for male friends. Most men cant just be friends with women. Women know this but they play dumb.

Just like married men shouldnt be looking for women to be friends with.
Like someone said above. Ask her to come over only with her husband . The other main reason is this crazy #MeToo crap. She may try to hit on you, and you reject her and she feels insulted then runs to her husband and tell him you tried to rape her.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 9:48:17 AM
msg#15:Tech30 wrote:
Married or not, never trust a woman.

Well Tech30, now that you are married do you stand by your assertion? Never trust a woman, married or not?
Does your wife know this, that you don't really deep down trust her?
Just wondering.
 hemingway234
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 10:53:41 AM

Perhaps this is only my experience, but I have found that most women see no issue with being solely a platonic friend with a man, and genuinely only are after friendship, especially if they are upfront about that.

My experience, however, is that men seem to always believe that isn't the case and sex is always the end result. I have made intentions in the past CRYSTAL CLEAR to some guys that it was strictly platonic for me, but each time they would end up trying to put the moves on me and make out or have sex.

I know the common belief with gender differences is that men are more likely to be sex-driven, etc., so perhaps this is the issue? Maybe most guys think most women are like that as well?

- The problem is, women are so beautiful, men are attracted to a large number of them.

I understand women, so I can have platonic relationships with them. I remember one woman I met from a dating site.... we met twice and after the second time, I did not like her romantically, so I asked her to be friends, and we were.

Another I met, I realized I was not attracted to her but we became friends. With this second one, I'm sure she thinks of me as the backup boyfriend, lol.

and there are more examples throughout my life.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Can you trust married women?