Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does this recent experiment end once and for all the debate on who ge      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JAXTC
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Does this recent experiment end once and for all the debate on who gets more messages?Page 1 of 1    
Woman dupes dozens of dudes into weirdest Tinder date ever

Dozens of dudes showed up to Union Square for Tinder dates on Sunday — only to learn they were all there to meet the same woman, and she wanted them to battle it out “Hunger Games”-style for her heart.
One Twitter user recounting his version of events says he met a woman named Natasha through the hookup app and she invited him to meet her at the public space to watch her friend DJ — but he arrived to a totally surreal scene.

“I make my way to Union Square. Eat a hot dog and look over by this open lot by 17th Ave and there is a stage and a DJ and about 100 people and cameras and sh-t and I think well this is some random ass Manhattan sh-t,”.

Mass Tinder date was actually a marketing stunt

“Eventually I see a girl moving towards backstage with two enormous bodyguards in sunglasses and realise it’s her and I’m thinking WHAT THINE F–KETH IS GOING ON,” he continued.
Natasha then took to the mic and told the assembled men that she knows they all came from Tinder.
“Then she says I’ve invited you all here for a chance to go on a date with me and proceeds to give a hunger games speech about what its gonna take to date her,” bvdhai recalled.

“Every man in the crowd looks down and mimes to themself.”
At that point, he says, he left — but others who stayed told Gothamist that Natasha began discarding men and making the rest compete to go on a date with her.

“The gist of it was she wanted to do Live Tinder. Folks were pretty mad,” a guy named Nicholas told the website.
“And she started calling the different characteristics she doesn’t like. ‘If you’re Puerto Rican and support Trump, leave!’ ‘If you have a long beard, leave.’ Then she did a competition.”
“The majority of the group, like 95 percent, were like aaahhh, watching as the f–king idiots fell in line to her demands to do pushups and run … She did a live swipe line, right and left. I left at that point,” he continued.
Video of the spectacle shows at least 10 guys participating in a sprinting competition.
It’s unclear who, if anyone, won the coveted date.
 JAXTC
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does this recent experiment end once and for all the debate on who gets more messages?
Posted: 9/1/2018 1:43:45 PM
‘Tinder Trap’ model claims she’s the victim after duping guys

The model who duped hundreds of dudes into showing up for a phony Tinder date in Union Square refused to apologize Thursday — and painted herself as the victim.

“I’m taking all the hits right now,” Instagram model and actress Natasha Aponte whined on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“It’s funny because all of the negative that I’m getting from these guys — [they] are still in my inboxes trying to date me.”

Aponte made headlines this week after inviting dozens of dudes to the park on Sunday, only to blindside them by revealing they were all there for the same date and would have to compete — turning most away for arbitrary reasons like having a beard or being named “Jimmy” and putting the rest through physical challenges.

The brunette finally explained what it was all about Thursday as she and “viral video” marketer Rob Bliss released their footage of the ruse — saying it was a “social experiment” to highlight the problem with online dating.

“It’s kind of become socially acceptable to like disqualify people and say, like, you have to be X height, you have to work X job,” Bliss — who also created the famous footage of a woman being catcalled while walking through New York — told GMA.

“We should be mad about this.”

Their resulting video, titled “The Tinder Trap,” shows how they set up the scam — they paid “overseas workers” to flirt on Natasha’s behalf with 7,500 men and spent two years planning — then how the event played out.

Most of the men look confused or bemused, but at least a handful participate in the bizarre competition.
At one point, as Aponte interviews potential suitors, one unwitting participant grabs her mic.

“Excuse me, this shit you just did right here, pulled a stunt on all these men who had stuff to do? It’s f–ked up. you know it’s f–ked up!” he yells to cheers from the crowd.

In a voice over, Aponte concludes that his anger at being set up for a viral video stunt proves that Tinder is bad.
“Just because someone doesn’t check off every box on what we find attractive doesn’t mean they aren’t. It’s absurd, isn’t it, to judge people by such petty things as if they like to wear khakis?” she says over footage of the mic-grabber and other men complaining to a police officer.

“We know that. Look at how angry this makes people.”

Aponte told “Good Morning America” she did actually go out with one of the men — but there was no love connection.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 3
Does this recent experiment end once and for all the debate on who gets more messages?
Posted: 9/1/2018 11:14:20 PM
Wow... this is taking "attention wh*re" to a whole nother level!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 5:13:03 AM

Aponte told “Good Morning America” she did actually go out with one of the men — but there was no love connection.

Slow news day at GMA.
(Yawns, goes back to bed...)
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The guys got the message; mediocrity never wins the perfect pootang. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Posted: 9/2/2018 6:16:32 AM
Those men are stupid and it serves them right. What made them think they had a chance with this model? They are angry because they didn't get a piece of ass from her. I'll be that these are the most judgmental mental midgets on the Earth and they are surprised they were group in with other average sods, looking for perfection? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

She's no victim, either. She wanted to do a 'stunt' to get attention and she got it.

This reminds me of a little game once played by a lady in forums. She had a group of men believing one thing and when they found out the truth, they disappeared their accounts from the forums in shame.

My advice? Don't think you're special, but do take better care of yourself.
 hemingway234
Msg: 6
The guys got the message; mediocrity never wins the perfect pootang. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Posted: 9/2/2018 7:09:15 AM
Beautiful women can get away with almost anything! Good for them! Too bad so sad for the stupid guys who follow them around like lost puppies
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 7
 xeot
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 8:47:04 AM
There are many many thirsty men out there who will debase themselves for a chance with a woman. There's reasons for this condition in modern society that have been building for decades if not centuries, but that's another topic. In the end it is the human race becoming more like the animals one would see on "Wild Kingdom" and similar. Sprinting competitions for her amusement? Might as well be two animals bashing each other's heads.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 5:13:50 AM
She's lucky they didn't gang up on her to get revenge.
 cooldog65
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 6:10:16 AM

Wow... this is taking "attention wh*re" to a whole nother level!

Natasha Aponte...Never heard of her. Not impressed. Cookie cutter Instagram "model".
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 7:38:04 AM
She's probably going to get harassed now lol. Probably angered a lot of men.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 9:50:00 AM
Nope. This experiment does not "prove" what we already knew - attractive women get lots of email. What it does prove is that there's a fool born every minute when it comes to the men that were willing jump thru her hoops. It's pretty sad.
 Coma_White
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 11:24:18 AM
There was never any doubt. My secretary at work made an account with no picture and gets 50 to 80 messages a day. I'm lucky if I get one message or one response a month.
 mrcs84
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 1:18:22 PM
I think this is just one more thing that adds fuel to the fire, but there is plenty of overwhelming evidence that women get most of the messages. The one that stands out the most is this one:

https://jonmillward.com/blog/attraction-dating/cupid-on-trial-a-4-month-online-dating-experiment/

The most unattractive woman got as many messages as the second most attractive man.
The second most unattractive woman got almost as many messages as all the men combined.

Anyone remember the pig woman experiment? Some men have no standards.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168948903&pagenumber=1
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does this recent experiment end once and for all the debate on who gets more messages?