Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Loose skin a deal breaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lotus_89
Msg: 1
Loose skin a deal breaker?Page 1 of 1    
Do men really care about loose skin? Would you rather date a heavier set woman with no loose sling versus someone smaller but has loose skin(not too extreme)?

I’m 29 but feel very self-conscious about showing skin; I can go to the beach in a 2 piece bikini and deal with it but when it comes to being exposed in front of someone I’m attracted to is another story. I lost 85 pounds this last year and now have loose skin. I’m 5’2 went from wearing 2XL at 225lbs to size small at 140 lbs. I weightlift but look skinny-fat. While I’m proud of my weight loss, I feel like this is setting me back with ever feeling comfortable enough to be intimate.

I started talking to a guy from Tinder right before I moves away and we will be hopefully meeting when I fly down to visit family next month. We never got a chance to meet in person and have been texting, sending pics back and forth, and had a 7-hour long phone call/FaceTime session the other night. We seem to be hitting it off, but I’m afraid that one look at my body and he’ll run the other way. He has said he doesn’t have a type or real preference in body type as long as someone is healthy, but he’s never seen me without clothes. Am I stupid for thinking this could be a deal breaker? I plan on getting surgery for the loose skin, but I can’t hold off meeting this guy for over a year.
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Loose skin a deal breaker?
Posted: 9/3/2018 2:34:09 PM
Congrats on losing the weight for yourself.
Most guys i know don't care, i've had 5 full term births so a little saggy in places myself. You can hide it with sexy underwear? Some women i know do that, personally i don't care about it so don't bother.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 7:17:17 PM
Way to go, be proud of your self on that loss of the weight. I think if the guy is attracted, the bit of loose shin prob wont matter.
 hemingway234
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 11:06:57 AM
Congrats on the weightloss. Your concern is one little thing of probably a 1,000 things that make someone interested in you.......so stop over-thinking it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 1:44:44 PM
Yes, we do care about loose skin. But like anything else -- the question is, How Much? They'd like the latter than the former, don't get me wrong. But if there's Too Much loose skin, there will be guys who will want neither. I think you're probably pretty self conscious where unideal = total disaster where it wouldn't, though.

I'd just warn some guys that you're in good shape now, but, "I did lose a lot of weight in just one year and have some loose skin," after talking for a while and clicking. If there's "too much" you can get it removed. But no need to do it if there's some extra around lower abdomen area that merely doesn't allow ya to be "cut" down there.
 ssm508
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 2:00:17 PM
Loose skin can be similar to a woman having muscle or excess body fat looks wise. A woman with some loose skin is usually not a big deal. But having an excessive amount of these things can be a dealbreaker.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 5:46:22 PM
it would of bothered me more at 20 than now at 54 but no, loose skin is not a deal breaker.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2018 6:09:51 AM
I have never complained about a woman's physic....everyone has securities about what they have or don't have....have heard it many times and until they are comfortable with their own bodies it can be a problem....stinks because the media starts these wannabee labels and people get hooked on what they hear rather then being themselves.....the O'l skin deep thing comes to mind.....I still laugh at styles and what some try to fit into....they have no idea or maybe don't want to face it ….that they shouldn't wear this or that because of their physic......just sit in Walmart sometimes.....lol
 grover14
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2018 8:19:55 AM
At my age, you have to accept that people age and things sag. As long as you try to make the best of what you have. Confidence is the key. I was lucky to get good genes, not smoke, and seldom drink, so I have younger looking skin.

To answer one of the questions, I would rather a woman carries a few extra pounds rather that very thin and sagging.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 1:47:57 PM
I mind some. That some, depends on what, and how much.

An acquaintance of mine was short. (About 5') but she weighed in the 300+ area. She had gastric bypass, and dropped about 200 pounds. I didn't recognise her, because I didn't even know she had the surgery. Gads! By her current size, she looked like she had lost an entire person. Her Husband told me that she was undergoing surgical removal of the excess skin, because the excess was painful.

Yeah, it's great that some have lost lots of weight. But excessive weight loss has it's drawbacks also.
 dynamicones
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 8:55:19 AM
I went from 300 to 124, oh hell yeah I've got lose skin. met my current bf last year on here, asked if he took a really good look at my pics on here, he said he had it wasn't an issue. NOW understand, his type is very petite to playboy models and yes he successfully dates those from late 20s to 40s. I was 41 he was 58 (going on 44). SO we met for a weekend of sex, thats all we were after. That was a year ago. I'm the FIRST woman in 20 years he's made it a year with without breaking up with them at least 3 times for their bs. We've not broken up even once and I moved in with him 6 months ago. So is lose skin a deal breaker? not with the right guy and my entire family loves this guy right down to my 9 year old daughter
 PennyAnte
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 8:37:02 AM
Your fear is unfounded at this point. Go to Victoria's Secret or same type store and try on some undergarments that you can wear that make you feel sexy. Sex is in the mind! If you exude confidence and focus on the pleasure instead of your insecurities that will help. I have been "nervous" about the first time with a new partner before and I faked it until I made it. I've never had a complaint.. not yet. I have "mad skills" that make up for any flaws in my face or body. Just please yourself and the man will be just as pleasured. Don't disclose your fears to this guy, just show up and just do it!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Loose skin a deal breaker?