Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review #42355      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eddo25
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile Review #42355Page 1 of 1    
Hi, Should I change anything on my profile? I seem to be unpopular, granted alotta gals probably have 'profile views hidden' enabled. I basically feel like a ghost here on pof. No messages. :( Thanks!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Profile Review #42355
Posted: 9/3/2018 11:55:45 PM
Speaking of ghosts, you look like one in that terrible main pic. Delete it. The 2nd one is much better although it would be even better without the shades. The wordy one is against the site rules which state that you must be in all photos. And the last one is too similar to the 2nd one. You have 3 good pics, which is the bare minimum, so add another if you can.

The headline and "wants to find someone to marry" are a bit OTT and desperate especially considering your longest r-ship is 1 year. This will scare many off. Try dating first.

Your interests are too many, and too vague. Remove "cuddling" for a start, unless you're in a local cuddling club? Remove the obvious ones like family, and any that are not considered your hobbies. Aim for 12-15. Try to be specific, for example everyone and their dog likes movies, nobody is going to even notice that. But putting Asian horror movies could make a connection and lead to a conversation.

Starting off with the physical attributes is a really bad idea. You're basically saying "hotties only" which will turn everyone off, even the hotties. Lists of adjectives get boring after 2 or 3 entries. Also these adjectives apply to almost everyone on here (or so they would have you believe). Saying you're honest is like saying you breathe air - waste of time. Repeating your hobbies is a bit pointless. Also repeating the smoking and drinking questions is a waste.

What you need to do is delete all this about me, and start again. Remember this is an advertisement for yourself! You're not trying to thin down the crowd, and you're not trying to give a self summary. You're trying to attract to Ms. Right! What do you think she would like to read? "I want a hot chick who can cook"... unlikely!

Conversation starters, write something proper, but as the man you're going to be the one starting the conversations around here.

Lose the age filter. It doesn't do any man any good, in fact it is a turn off. Someone your own age will see it and think you're looking for a younger woman.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile Review #42355
Posted: 9/4/2018 8:02:50 AM
Agree with the above message.
You are NOT a hottie yourself. Don't start off stating you want one. You're a regular guy, look for a regular woman.
Try to attract as many women as possible, then sort them out one by one.
Are you writing to women, not just waiting for them to message you.?
Dont say want to marry. Say you are looking for a relationship. It's understood that leads to marriage.
You might be better off on a religious dating site. Or better yet, meeting in real life at church functions. Don't be afraid to ask the church ladies to do match making for you.
 Eddo25
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Profile Review #42355
Posted: 9/4/2018 12:06:31 PM
Ok, I see what you're saying. It's too factual and no substance. I'll get a couple more pics and attempt to re-write it. I did a few changes to it for the time being. I appreciate your input.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Review #42355
Posted: 9/16/2018 9:16:20 AM
Sounds like you should have "cat and dog" for pet, not just "cat".

You have some capitalization and punctuation errors.

Many girls seem to like guitar players, so wouldn't be surprised if some like the guitar photos.

Probably not good to say you want someone slim. Some gals you would consider thin might perceive themselves as not thin. Do an advanced search on thin and athletic body types and message the ones you find appealing.

Your photos are much better than all 7 main thumbnails when I viewed your profile. 4 of the 7 violated the site's rules, and all 3 of the legal ones wore hats indoors, one flashing gang signs. So if a bunch of guys message the same girl you do, your thumbnail might be the best. She'll probably delete all the messages without replying to anyone.

Your best success will probably be in real life. I believe someone already mentioned church activities.
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Profile Review #42355
Posted: 9/16/2018 10:24:26 AM
So how "slim" is slim enough? What if she puts on 5 pounds? 10 pounds? after she has a child? That's way too much pressure, dude. Instead, as already suggested, target women who are active and present yourself in your profile as active. You will likely not be pestered by incoming emails from not-slim women but if you get one, you can judge each one on its own merits and reply (or not) accordingly.

If you are open to meeting someone who has a child(ren), mention it. If not, don't.

The profile does need 'passion'. You're a music teacher - what is one thing that you love the most about it? Why did you get into the field? No need to write a novel, just give your viewer something to help get a sense of what's important to you.

If you meet someone who is not the same faith as you, but still religious, is that going to be an issue? Why not put "Church" as the first item in your Interests field to emphasize that part of your life?

The photos are your first priority. Smile, shouulders up, no shades, natural background/outdoors, no obvious selfies. Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review #42355