Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Constructively destroy my account for me please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maver7
Msg: 1
Constructively destroy my account for me pleasePage 1 of 1    
I need A LOT of constructive criticism for my profile. I have had no luck with responses on POF even though I never start things off with “hey.” I always tailor what I say to the specific profile I’m sending a message to, and, believe it or not, unlike my tone here I’m actually witty and end things with an open ended question. I feel my profile is overly boring, but I want it to authentic. I’m either blocked or ignored, and one person even tried a sob story so I’d pay her rent lmao. Help would be appreciated
-Thanks in advance
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Constructively destroy my account for me please
Posted: 9/5/2018 5:38:33 PM
You look like a nice guy, this can be good coz loads of women do want one. Your headline is funny. I'm not young so don't understand the snapchat thing (even if i do recognise it).

Maybe check out local meets and events and try to meet people in person? I feel like someone your age would only find quick hookups online? Or as you've found out scammers. Maybe use a meetup site instead of this place too, like they have groups for hobbies and interests rather than dating.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/5/2018 8:15:01 PM
Talking about "authentic"...More than half part of your personal description is not...Here I will tell you why any smart young lady will see/read this and click NEXT!

Your first line is called Past.. We all know yesterday is gone!..She doesn't care about that line!
THEN you wrote about your Future ("dreams") We all know Tomorrow hasn't arrived ( things change)..She doesn't care about that line either!
These are conversations for the second meeting, not to be writing in a profile.
You have to concentrate and live (write) in the present / Today, (who you are, what movie you enjoy, places you visit, etc) Be YOU in order to find the right girl..Do not forget that!...And your profile will look beautiful.:)

Good luck
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2018 8:47:53 PM
This is not a good idea. Young women need to know one way or another about children.

Do you want children? Prefer Not To Say
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/5/2018 11:13:32 PM
Don't worry about the 'blocked' users - some girls do that automatically if they don't think the guys a match so they don't get harassed and abused by those that won't take a hint. Even if you'd never do that, some jerk already has. No response is also a response, just not the one you want.

I don't recall a big smile.

Did you intend to spell Reading that way? In your Interests field, why not add a favourite Comedian or holiday spot?

Can you trim the first paragraph a bit and add another short paragraph on one of your other Interests? Do you cook? something on your bucket list? What do you do when you have a weekend off?
 Maver7
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/6/2018 10:49:45 AM
I didn’t even realize I had that up, thank you.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2018 8:50:10 AM

I have had no luck with responses on POF

I’m either blocked or ignored,

Disappointment will be your closest friend. (shout out to Jackie Wilson-"Higher and Higher")

The best advice I can give is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages, and hope it starts to get appreciated once again, like it used to be years ago on dating sites.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Constructively destroy my account for me please