Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Profile requirements      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nathan38416
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile requirementsPage 1 of 1    
Does anyone else think POF should have a minimum requirement on profile bios? As in they have to be an actual description of yourself, such as your hobbies, things like that and a certain amount of characters long, and has to get approved by mods before it's accepted. It's annoying logging in and seeing at least five out of fifteen profiles that are either empty or have ''will fill in later / ask me / ??????'' on the first page. I think it might weed out the fakes.

I don't like seeing those type of profiles because it says to me that if they don't put any effort into their profile, they're not gonna put any into the relationship. I don't buy into the idea that it's hard to talk about yourself and come up with a good profile. It really makes me wonder what they're even doing on here if they can't be ars*d writing a profile.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 2
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 8:45:47 AM
I have a problem with fields being mandatory. People may not want to say "divorced" if they were married for 2 years 20 years ago and have been factually single for most of their life, or are forced to name their religion, a lot of people are mixed and identify as both, or don't want to discuss their employment situation with the whole wide world! Fakes can find ways around any restrictions, there can be 100 mandatory fields and all answers will be lies. One guy used to post here and I met him in person, he listed single on his profile when he was in fact separated and remained married to collect certain benefits. It did make sense in his situation, but his profile contained FALSE information.
 hemingway234
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 9:08:12 AM
The written section is not important. You just want to see if they can put a sentence together, and you can do that through messaging.

I do like the mandatory fields, however...... gives you more information so that you can weed them out. It works for them as well.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 4
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 9:11:18 AM
Yeah... PAID sites give more scrutiny to their members' and their information. POF is free.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 10:35:06 AM

Does anyone else think POF should have a minimum requirement on profile bios?

Count me in.

I don't buy into the idea that it's hard to talk about yourself

I hear you.
Is that what they say to their co-workers on Mondays, when their co-workers ask what they did over the weekend?
"Oh, it's hard for me to talk about myself."
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 2:40:54 PM
If the site didn't allow people to be lazy there would be less people. Specifically less women. The site will never do it because female numbers are already lower than male numbers and it will further reduce female numbers.
Like what would you rather, kinda crappy lazy profiles but the women are still there OR just the women not being there at all because they think it's too much effort?
Heck back when I was single I didn't even sign up to tinder because it wanted my facebook to be linked and to me that was suspicious and too much effort.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 7
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 4:44:57 PM
^^^When I found out Tinder has the option to use it with a phone number instead of Facebook, I finally signed up!
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 4:48:47 PM
I signed up but no idea how to use it! all I get is a big red screen with their logo in the middle.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 9
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 4:49:37 PM
^^^Message me, I'll help you out. It was so easy I was surprised.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 5:04:10 PM
^^^^^ it says mahwahgirl will not except messages from dirty old men, or something to that effect.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 11
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/13/2018 5:41:13 PM
^^^Oh that's right, the site does that. Sorry. If you are on Facebook, my page is Mari Solov (blank page no pictures no info, it is mine), please feel free to message.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/17/2018 1:48:38 AM

People may not want to say "divorced" if they were married for 2 years 20 years ago and have been factually single for most of their life

I agree. If someone was married for a hot second + no kids a long time ago, and put Single, there should be no "Well I Never!" reactions. I once briefly dated a gal who was married @23 for a couple years... they didn't have kids, and got a divorce (as they somehow thought getting married would make things 'wonderful' since they were college bf/gf for so logn). Essentially, she didn't live a life of marriage. Besides having a wedding event itself, they were just like they were before, and broke up.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 9/19/2018 4:36:13 AM

and a certain amount of characters long, and has to get approved by mods before it's accepted.

People get around the minimum number characters by typing "adjsfhajsdkfklasdhfkahdskjflhaskldjfhjdksh" in a few seconds or holding down a key on repeat.

Mods wouldn't be perfect: they would let in some bad profiles and censor some good ones. The delay in getting approved might result in people forgetting about the site, guaranteed not to see or answer any messages. People are eager to see who's on here, and if there's a delay, this would annoy those people.

I believe the typical new user on here gets annoyed by the mandatory "chemistry" questions and the ambitious field. They want to view profiles ASAP, so they write one short line in about me, and they don't upload any photos or they upload only one, thinking they might come back later to write more and add more photos.

First time I saw this site, you didn't need an account to search. If I remember correctly, you could view at least 3 profiles before the website took you to an account creation screen.

The female users, no matter how empty their profile is, probably get bombarded by loser dudes who email everyone. The women might leave in disgust, or if they like the attention, they don't change their sparse profile because it already works.

One good thing about Tinder is you can go there on a computer and not consume phone data.
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Profile requirements
Posted: 10/17/2018 1:09:35 PM
I think people should put in effect be well groomed and clean show full face not half photo's.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Profile requirements