Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Photo yay/nay time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 1
Photo yay/nay timePage 1 of 1    
Hi guys. I did the profile a while ago and most of you liked what I wrote in description but I didn't have much in the way of photos. I've uploaded a handful and I'm aware not all of them are up to scratch. Let me know which can go and stay and whether I have to do some cropping etc. Cheers in advance. Anything else you can critique is cool too.
Cheers
Joey
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/14/2018 9:30:47 PM
I know you're cute in there somewhere, but just need to see the teeth. BIG smiles are good. Photos that are not all looking up from below would be good. Photos without a girl in the photo would be good. The main photo you have now looks like you're programming a treadmill - it's really a great photo for your gallery, but not a main because the subject is lost in the small thumbnail. First impressions and all....
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 3
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/14/2018 10:51:49 PM
Okay, Yeh I was I wondering whether or not to use that as my main. Those are pretty much all the photos I have without me taking selfies :P so which ones should I keep and which need to go?
Thanks again :)
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/15/2018 6:20:49 AM
Start over, get new photos.

If you were selling a car on Craigslist you wouldn't use whatever you had on hand. You'd get new ones.
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 5
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/15/2018 8:46:46 PM
How about reading what I wrote. I said these are the photos I have and that's it. All I'm asking is which ones to keep, crop or get rid of. Getting new photos is not an option.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 6
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/15/2018 8:49:55 PM
The advice here is free, take it or leave it.

I concur, get new pics.
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 7
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/15/2018 11:25:38 PM
And again, that's not happening. I'll take criticism and what not, but you need to read my post before just blurting out what comes to mind. I don't have anyone to take photos of me, I work shift work so don't get out often to take photos and I'm not taking selfies. These are what I have, I'm happy to chop and change what I have.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 8
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 1:09:11 AM

I said these are the photos I have and that's it. Getting new photos is not an option..

You are Fake.
Is your real name scammer Joey?
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 2:30:57 AM
The lady in 3 of your photos is pretty attractive...
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 10
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 5:39:22 AM
If I was a scammer I'd be redirecting you to some pyramid scheme not asking for advice on what photos to you. You're not at all being helpful.
I just got back from a holiday seeing family in Italy, so those new photos were taken there. I don't take photos of myself when I'm at home because I'm not going to stand around taking mirror selfies like a hero. I just ask that you give me advice which photos I should keep or get rid of. Obviously I have to crop people out too. Can anyone help me or is your whole shtick just going around in circles for e laugh?
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 11
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 6:46:33 AM
I'll help with constructive criticisms on the pictures *only*, like you asked.

Picture 1: You and the wok (?). I like this for your gallery, just not as your main picture (which people first see via a thumbnail).

Picture 2: You and your female friend in front of that crane/antenna thing. (Um. I'm not a big fan of users posting pictures with other people, male or female, even if a description is attached to the photo; sell "you", not "us".) Even cropped, up-nose photos usually never look good.

Picture 3: You on a patio thingie. Angle is kind of jarring and you're not smiling, dude! I'd ditch this one.

Picture 4: You in a white shirt (love the vee neck on you, great look!) with a pretty lady. Crop your friend out and would be acceptable.

Picture 5: "Holidaying in Italy ..." Can it be cropped? You have a wee little smile happening.

Picture 6: "Coolest uncle ever" Nah. Weird angle and you look grumpy.

Picture 7: Holding a golf ball/bottle cap? There's a bit more of a smile, but still with that up-nose shot. Include in your gallery until you get a great head and shoulders picture with that fabulous smile (that you haven't given yet) on your face!!

Picture 8: Blah blah blah, up-nose shot/no smile/grumpy.

Hope this helps, doll!
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 12
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 7:13:47 AM
Cool, thanks heaps!
Yep, I definitely have some rejigging to do, I'll get onto it soon.
Cheers again
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 13
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 8:12:27 AM
You're quite welcome. And those two cropped pictures look pretty all right now.

But (there's always a but) if you ever do get around to getting newer and better pictures? No up-nose shots; either straight-on or very slightly above. And doll? Big big big smile!
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 14
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 9:42:58 AM
Okay, I'll try. I just can't fake smile at a camera! Unless someone catches me mid laugh when I'm actually legitimatly happy, I can't fake it. Cheers anyway, I'll just hope that someone snaps me by accident one day ;)
 whiterose0
Msg: 15
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 1:50:59 PM
Maybe you could get your niece to snap a full-length photo for you. All we can see is your upper body.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 16
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/16/2018 7:44:42 PM
https://youtu.be/-UHCMGQ27aI
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 17
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/18/2018 12:30:05 AM
You can see my upper body in a couple of pics, can't you?

Great idea about the photos but I would never let my niece find out that her uncle is a loser that can't meet a girl. As far as they know I'm a solid male figure in the family that they can rely on as a role model and protector of family and values, something that's missing in todays society where absolutely nothing is sacred. So Yeh, definitely not going to ruin that by letting the nieces and nephew know I'm on here :/
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 18
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/18/2018 2:09:07 AM
Okay, I've just uploaded 3 more from my holiday, a couple of shots where you see my torso. Pics 2, 3 and 4. Yay or nay?
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 19
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/18/2018 2:49:59 AM
Hey, Joey, me again!

Picture 2: Meh. It's okay but you should ditch it. Weird eye flash.

Picture 3: Fabulous. Me like. I wish it was coupled up with that amazing smile you have bottled up!

Picture 4: My opinion only. I really don't like the tongue out shot from anybody, not even my nieces. It's an okay picture otherwise.

Pro Tip: You seem like a pretty comfortable approachable guy, and as such, the next time you're out and about having fun by yourself, try asking a friendly stranger/barista/bartender/shopkeeper to snap a couple of pictures of you. Everybody does this, doll (see Instagram), and they won't automatically assume you're "a loser uncle who can't meet a girl". Asking a woman to take your picture is also a good way to introduce yourself to someone.

Good luck!
 JoeyJoeyJoeJoeJoJo
Msg: 20
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/18/2018 3:07:26 AM
Great, thanks for the tips! You're a pro at this.
Last question, which of these should I use as my main pic?

Thanks again!
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 21
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:44:26 AM
Either the one you're using now or number seven where you have a wee little smile happening. It *might* be a little small if the thumbnail is viewed on a cell (I'm on desktop).

When and if you snap more pictures, try to get a good closeup, face and shoulders only. And smile!!! I know it's hard. Practice practice practice! Or have someone out of frame tickle you!

Good luck!
 whiterose0
Msg: 22
Photo yay/nay time
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:21:38 AM
The second to the last pic should be your main, IMO. I'd keep #2 in, since it's the only one that shows your entire body.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Photo yay/nay time