Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are most women honest about their age?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dillon19sixty1
Msg: 1
Are most women honest about their age? Page 1 of 1    
I wonder about this because some women look older than their stated age. I'm 57, and I don't want to date anyone who is over 57 because I am interested in someone who grew up listening to the music that I did, for example. There's a stark difference between myself, and the people I know who were a a few grades above me. And those differences haven't changed much.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 2
Are most women honest about their age?
Posted: 9/16/2018 9:03:02 PM
You can put age filters on your profile.

I guess then, a few years down would also be a "stark difference"? You can put down that you would only date 57 year olds.

Hard to say about the lying. Some might about anything on their profile. You can only sort that out by meeting them. How anyone "looks" age wise, might not be the best indicator.
 WhatNamesAreLeftThen
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/16/2018 9:20:57 PM
"Most"? Probably not, but there are a lot that do lie, "just by enough to get away with it" haha.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 9:27:12 PM
I often wonder that myself. I have known people my same age that have aged much worse, would pass for 10 years older but more of a beat up rough life look. I have seen profiles where they just looked older, not the haggered look but healthy 70 claiming 50's.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 2:05:44 AM
I've haven't lied about my age, but I have forgotten how old I am. I think if you say you are younger or weigh less that you just look older md fatter.
 spot4username
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:49:28 AM
What does an age look like?

You say you are 57. My ex is older than you but looks younger. /shrug/ In fact you look eerily similar to a man I know who is 63. Another /shrug/

I understand wanting to date in the same generation. It is my choice as well. But being as specific and limiting as you are being seems self defeating.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 6:39:57 AM
My husband was 17 years older than I and we never had difficulties around shared experiences of things like music. I had older friends on the block growing up and he had younger siblings. Those factors, together with the fact that the pace of change was much slower when we were growing up all contributed to not having difficulties in such ways. While I don't think that could be repeated easily with people the same ages today because of the fast rate of change, you are old enough that I don't think you should write off someone a few years older.
In terms of whether most women are honest about their age, how can anyone answer that beyond what they use for their own age? Aging is a complex thing and hormones come into play for both genders at different paces of change.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 9:03:17 AM
msg#5:
I've haven't lied about my age, but I have forgotten how old I am.

Hahahaha<<< I can relate. I never forget in what year I was born, but often have to stop and think what my 'age' is. Go figure. Must be getting old...
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 9:07:31 AM
^^^no, did that in my thirties. I know what year I was born but don't always know what year it is now.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:03:27 PM
Is anyone else finding they are starting to write 19... for the year these days? No? Just me?

And yes, I sometimes forget my age - and not just because I'd prefer to :-).
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 5:31:36 PM

I'm 57, and I don't want to date anyone who is over 57 because I am interested in someone who grew up listening to the music that I did, for example.

So, someone 58 would NOT have listened to the same music?

That's a headscratcher alright.
 PollyR107
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 10:45:14 AM
The age on my profile is accurate. When I was looking to date, I didn’t have any expectations about my dates’ age. It’s just a number and not in anyway related to maturity or compatibility.

I’ve seen some men telling fibs about their age as well. Once I dated a police officer I met on here, he shaved 5 years off his real age. Later he tried to tell me about his real age, I was put off by this behaviour and other things. Yes, I stopped seeing him after that.

Any forms of dishonesty are my number one dealbreaker.
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 6:39:26 PM
I dated a man who said he was 33, same age as me. One night he showed me his pilot license, it said he was 36, what a silly lie. I asked him why he lied about his age, he said he didn't think I would date an older man...3 years older, what a freakshow. If you bother to lie about your age, you'll lie about anything. I don't want to be around liars.
 ssm508
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 6:27:10 AM
On POF, I think many women (and men as well) will put the wrong age on the details section of profile to get around the POF +/- 14 year age filter. Although some will also put their real age on the body of the profile.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 3:38:43 AM
Yes, people lie about their age. Some say they're in the fifties but they are in their sixties when it's clear they're the latter. Some people lie about their age to get somebody older or somebody younger. I guess this can go all ways.

I think some considerably older men still think they look/feel 35 and sometimes they act like 12 instead acting like they're chronological age (whatever that means).

Would you consider s 56-year-old woman or is that too old for you? I wonder how many older women are going to find a man in his late 50s attractive and virile when they might prefer a young stud at 35. Younger men of this generation are much more fun, creative, and financial robust, and they look better, too.

It's more than just sharing a generation of similar music tastes. Most people prefer being paired with somebody from a bygone age bracket or some imagined perfection who'll boost their ego rather than being paired with partner to share the life and all of its things -- for better or for worse -- together.
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 7:15:43 AM
Plenty of people lie about their age and weight..........I don't think it should be a dealbreaker, but I understand that it is for some people........honesty is very important in a relationship.

Your best bet is to look at their pics and learn how to judge age.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 2:25:58 PM
I don't trust people submitting profile pics from their past when they were obviously younger. More than one time, they claimed to be 45, had pics that looked like 35, and showed up for a meet looking 55.

I send spontaneous selfies (NOT d1ck pics) in the message/chat portion of connecting early on to prove I am who I am, and doing what I say I claim to be doing. Most women refusing to return the favor are either fibbing a lot, or claim 'safety' reasons or to be some mild form of a control freak - which usually means they are worse. It's a good way of weeding out potentials.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 3:15:55 PM

I don't trust people submitting profile pics from their past when they were obviously younger. More than one time, they claimed to be 45, had pics that looked like 35, and showed up for a meet looking 55.
seen that more than once. I see a lot of age progression pics too. main pic is very old, each pic adds a few years/pounds and the last pic is the worst. always wonder how much worse they are than the last pic.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 7:08:20 PM
Both men and women lie about their age, but I don't think everyone does. I accidentally did once. I'd forgotten that I'd just turned 8 and said I was 7. I was teased quite a bit. That was enough embarrassment for me.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 8:46:32 PM
OP,
some women will look younger/older than their age. On these forums we have a number of Ladies, (and Men) who look way younger than posted age.
Me,, I am 57 as well.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 12:24:00 PM
Since OP is gone, I will wrap up this thread. Thank you, thank you. You've been a lovely audience...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are most women honest about their age?