Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Leaving POF for eharmony      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bondsman2018
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmonyPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
After trying to figure out why I couldn't change the age range I started reading the Forum and found out the date shows a 14 age plus or minus for us this is not my choice after paying for 3-month subscription and only using it for one week I will be leaving and I will do everything I can in my power to advertise to everyone prior to joining but you can't choose your age range that your age range is chosen for you
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 2
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 1:05:39 AM
Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck with eHarmony!
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:32:49 AM
Is 40 too old for you? LOL.
 spot4username
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:48:45 AM
I'll alert the press.

Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:54:01 AM
I wonder if he will be disappointed when the eharmony young ones don't want him either. LOL
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 6
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 7:13:38 AM
^^^You don't think they would be impressed with one of his profile pics of a handgun or the cartoon about a penis?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 7:24:23 AM
I'm pretty sure this guy used to do commercials for AFFLAC and
got himself fired.

I think eharmony has the jesus...so they could have some rules
that might not work out for him.
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 7:56:51 AM

You don't think they would be impressed with one of his profile pics of a handgun or the cartoon about a penis?

Nothing says charmer like a misogynistic gangsta.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 8:55:39 AM

Nothing says charmer like a misogynistic gangsta.

...who resembles Gilbert Gottfreid

(sorry 'real' gilbert---sometimes you are really funny.)
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 9:04:27 AM
it is annoying. all those 80+ widows itching for some c*ck and I cant message any of them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 11:20:59 AM

you can't choose your age range that your age range is chosen for you

I agree that the age-range thing isn't the best ideas on the site. That said, @54, trying to get a gal in her 30's -- especially when it's a Serious-Dating-Only aimed site like eHarmony, you'd have to be the exception not the rule, which you're not (unless you were aiming Really low on looks & where they're at in life; still a lot of tough luck along the way). eHarmony isn't a place to pick up young gals. You'll be disappointed if you're aiming for gals under 40 looking for their Romeo.
 whiterose0
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:09:59 PM

I will be leaving and I will do everything I can in my power to advertise to everyone prior to joining but you can't choose your age range that your age range is chosen for you

Seriously, this is much ado about nothing, since being able to choose your own age range doesn't mean the women in your chosen age range will choose to reply to you.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:13:55 PM
Oh come'on ladies. If you were some 30 something year old, you just know you'd be lookin' for a man, (From his profile-Interests)
"Prepping / Fishing / Shooting." ( Sounds like a really bad sexual encounter.)

I doubt OP could make it successfully thru the eHarmony interview stage.
 sun___flower
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 5:17:03 PM
LadyInRed

Hahahahaha.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 6:02:02 PM

..who resembles Gilbert Gottfreid

Yes he does. "Prepping"?

To me, that falls into one of two catagories.
Being a "preppie'', which to me ment he was a skinny, wimpy guy that worried about all the social amenities.

Or, worrying about society doing a crash and burn. In which case, he'll try to shoot you for invading his territory, and he is taking every extra available nickle he has and buying freeze-dried food.

And he thinks he's struck it rich at Eharmony???
 oldwxman
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 6:50:42 PM
*I wonder if he will be disappointed when the eharmony young ones don't want him either. LOL

Don't count him out just yet. He has a few things going for him that many young women are starved for.

*I think eharmony has the jesus...so they could have some rules
that might not work out for him.

You might be right as far as the billion questions on the site interview. If he gets past that then he has every chance.

*Nothing says charmer like a misogynistic gangsta.

I don't know where you get the gangsta thing. As a bondsman, he would be considered quasi law enforcement. Misogynist charmers? There you are absolutely correct. Many young women are sick and tired of all of the passive soy boys their age. Even in our age group, what you call a misogynist, others call a man's man. There is a very large subset of women that respond to that. Just look at all of the "nice guy" threads.

*Oh come'on ladies. If you were some 30 something year old, you just know you'd be lookin' for a man, (From his profile-Interests)

Heck yeah! That will do nicely considering that the women he targets will be confronted with too many men who are into essential oils, cooking and video games.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/17/2018 9:57:32 PM

Even in our age group, what you call a misogynist, others call a man's man.

I think a man's man can be found at the gay bar, actually. ;) I always chuckle at that term... couldn't help myself there. But I get what you're saying.

There is a very large subset of women that respond to that. Just look at all of the "nice guy" threads.

I agree. And such a subset can/will be found in more traditional circles, too. Although I think gals getting frisky over big trucks or a guy being a bondsman is kind of high-schoolish -- it does have at least some positive weight with many in a certain subset. Problem is, still, an average Joe @54 shouldn't be expecting to be pulling gals in their early to mid 30s despite that. If a guy's going to go "Pshaw!" to a site like POF which has a +/- 14 year cut-off, he better be wielding some looks (or $$) that goes beyond the norm.
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 4:47:08 AM

I don't know where you get the gangsta thing. As a bondsman, he would be considered quasi law enforcement.

I didn't read his profile. The pics were about all the nasty I could take. Where I'm from, we don't have bondsmen. Nor are you allowed to carry a gun, only under very limited circumstances meeting strict conditions. The only people who sport pictures of guns, are usually young stupid guys, who are wanna be gangsta. Someone usually reports their stupidity and they receive a visit from the po po. A true gangster, wouldn't be stupid enough to publish pics of his guns. Keeping that shiat on the down low is the way to roll.

Even in our age group, what you call a misogynist, others call a man's man.

I don't know what backwater you're from, but in these parts, I can't think of one woman who would find that a shining example of a progressive man. No doubt though, there are probably some that do.

Heck yeah! That will do nicely considering that the women he targets will be confronted with too many men who are into essential oils, cooking and video games.

Please don't insult men. There is nothing wrong with a man who likes cooking, essential oils or video games. I don't know one man that behaves like our OP. Nor is toting a gun, thinking that makes you all tough, my or a lot of others Idea of a man.

Problem is, still, an average Joe @54 shouldn't be expecting to be pulling gals in their early to mid 30s despite that. If a guy's going to go "Pshaw!" to a site like POF which has a +/- 14 year cut-off, he better be wielding some looks (or $$) that goes beyond the norm.

Yep, exactly. See, I don't always disagree with you, Norwegian.
 oldwxman
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:28:07 AM
*I didn't read his profile. The pics were about all the nasty I could take. Where I'm from, we don't have bondsmen. Nor are you allowed to carry a gun, only under very limited circumstances meeting strict conditions. The only people who sport pictures of guns, are usually young stupid guys, who are wanna be gangsta. Someone usually reports their stupidity and they receive a visit from the po po. A true gangster, wouldn't be stupid enough to publish pics of his guns. Keeping that shiat on the down low is the way to roll.

The OP doesn't live far from me. Around here, even WOMEN are proud of their guns. A good friend of mine is the best shot that I have ever seen and she is a normal woman. It really isn't strange to show guns in profile pictures. Gun enthusiasts will show them much like a Lladro collector will show some of his favorite figurines or an animal lover will have some pictures of his pets.

*I don't know what backwater you're from, but in these parts, I can't think of one woman who would find that a shining example of a progressive man.

The OP isn't in your area. He's in mine. The last thing that women from here want is a "progressive man."

*Please don't insult men. There is nothing wrong with a man who likes cooking, essential oils or video games. I don't know one man that behaves like our OP. Nor is toting a gun, thinking that makes you all tough, my or a lot of others Idea of a man.

Not insulting them exactly. Noting a stereotype that would kill an online dating profile. To give you an idea: I use a Hello Kitty slip cover on my wheelchair. I have fresh cut flowers in vases all over my house. I hate guns and I fog up when I hear a sentimental song. Yet, people who know me consider me uber macho. Partly because I DARE to do those things. Online dating profiles are about presenting the right stereotype. I would never put that stuff in a dating profile because women would automatically dismiss me as a wussy.
 cooldog65
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:49:29 AM
OP...You could have joined POF for free.

His mail settings...

Age Between:24 and 53.
 Rumours
Msg: 21
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:56:37 AM
If you're wanting a 20+ age difference....Join SugarDaddies.com …. might fair better
 2ufo
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 9:02:46 AM
Strat...

You do have to consider national differences.
Bail bondsmen in the US is a perfectly legitimate occupation that can pay quite well.
Sure, it's illegal in Canada (and a whole lot of other countries) but a bail bondsman performs a useful service that - if I understand correctly - must be performed by the individual (gathering a lot of money to ensure court appearance) in Canada.

Caveat - I'm not a lawyer and my understanding of this is superficial at best. Like an average Canadian's understanding of US laws of detainment. Or the OP's thoughts on his chances of finding what he wants in another, almost identical venue.

Please don't insult men. There is nothing wrong with a man who likes cooking, essential oils or video games. I don't know one man that behaves like our OP. Nor is toting a gun, thinking that makes you all tough, my or a lot of others Idea of a man.

Nothing wrong (and everything right!) with a man who can cook.
Everything in the world wrong with a man who prefers video games (*cough-cough* ex-husband *cough-cough*)
Essential oils - since I don't know about or use them, I'm not sure. Well, as long as he doesn't go for what I would consider 'feminine flowery' scents or overdose the house so much my eyes water.
Toting or not toting a gun has nothing to do with being tough (my definition in this case = strong, durable, dependable, tenacious, reliable).

Toting a gun simply makes you armed. Some people respond to that with bravado, some with quiet confidence, some with passive/aggressive behavior, and some with simply assh*lery. But they were probably like that before they picked up the weapon.

WX - Hello Kitty on your wheelchair? Just the thought gives me a big smile. I think presenting a solid wall of stereotypes in a profile is a bad idea. There should be something unique and individual, a twist on the normal, that calls to the reader. I think stereotypes make it easy to react on a date - it lets you know the script the other person wants to follow. But who really wants to date a stereotype for long?
 julystorm22
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 3:50:27 PM
I betcha anything the guy is just mad because he wants to get at young women's profiles to masturbate to. Seriously.
 spot4username
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 4:16:44 PM
^^^
That doesn't make any sense. This is a free site. It is wide open. Anyone can view any profile they want to. There are no restrictions for viewing. You don't even have to have an account to view profiles.
 dondea
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:17:24 PM
There's an old saying/proverb, "The grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence.")

Well, I wish the OP best of luck on the eHarmony side of the fence.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Leaving POF for eharmony