Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > OKcupid adopts swiping like Tinder      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 1
view profile
History
OKcupid adopts swiping like TinderPage 1 of 1    
adopts swiping like Tinder

So just changed their website about six months ago......... now they have swiping and liking..........just like Tinder, both people have to like or swipe right in order to talk to each other. Has anybody tried this website? What do you think about it? Do you like the profiles? Have you talked to anybody on the site, does it work for you?
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
OKcupid adopts swiping like Tinder
Posted: 9/17/2018 10:54:41 AM
I have no luck on there. they did not have the swipe last time I was there but you could 'like' someone. in spite of having many likes, none ever responded to my messages.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 11:27:16 AM
It's not the same, though. You don't need a double-like to write them (just checked). I think You need to Like them to write them. And maybe if they Don't like you, they don't show up in the Browse Matches list? Which I think is a good thing that nobody else does. Why have someone who marked "No" on you for a mutual match be in your listings.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 11:43:48 AM
I saw it but thought it was an upgrade feature and was too lazy to use it.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:15:19 PM
A bunch of bs. I have an OK cupid account. My complaints are: if someone writes me a message but I haven't liked him myself, I can't see the message. I dont have time to play hide and seek!

They ask you questions like: do you support ACLU? Do you support abortion? The hell??????? Im here to date, not register to vote.

So... Hate it. Pof is better.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:22:36 PM

They ask you questions like: do you support ACLU? Do you support abortion? The hell??????? Im here to date, not register to vote.

All those questions are Optional. You can choose not to answer what you want. They have every question in the book. I find it interesting. :)

My complaints are: if someone writes me a message but I haven't liked him myself, I can't see the message. I dont have time to play hide and seek!

I never ran into that, although I don't use the site much. Mine was in my search, there were very few. Any I nixed in double-match, nor nixed me, didn't show. Which is a time saver, although gives the illusion that there's not too many people on the site if you've been fruitfully weeding thru it for a while. :)
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:46:51 PM
Norwegian, it's true! Someone wrote you a message... But we won't show it to you! In my email it says "he's somewhere in your matches... Closer to the top" I can't see my message and the gentleman thinks im rude and didn't answer! Aaargh.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 6:41:31 PM

Norwegian, it's true! Someone wrote you a message... But we won't show it to you! In my email it says "he's somewhere in your matches... Closer to the top" I can't see my message and the gentleman thinks im rude and didn't answer! Aaargh.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I've never seen that on there. But, I guess the lesson learned is: Always Swipe Right. Always. That way, you'll never run into that. :)
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 4:28:57 AM
I enjoyed the OkC format. I enjoy the game, the chase, the hide-and-seek feature and people seemed surprised when I responded to them after a month, when I finally got their message! It makes meeting people very interesting, and I have had great success in meeting quality people (over real dates and not silly sludgy-coffee meets.)

It's a swiper, a gamer, a teaser, without the Tinder reputation.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 4:47:24 AM
OKC is now the worst of both worlds!

Apparently in their new system, if you send someone a message, the other person won't even know you sent them a message unless they "like" your profile.

Some people on OKC might now "like" everyone in an attempt to see who messaged them. Tinder has a reputation for having people who swipe yes on everyone. Bumble has some women who swipe yes on everyone for ego stroking validation, cowards hiding behind the "only women can message first" system.

In my opinion, OKC was best in its early format.

They actually have had a swiping system for years, but I didn't use that part because I prefer to view the fields and questions for dealbreakers.

Another bad thing is you apparently can't hide a profile just from a main photo. Hiding profiles was one of OKC's best features.

OKC also took away their equivalent of "viewed me". Viewed Me is apparently one of POF's most popular features.

My equivalent of advanced search on OKC brings so few results, it shows the site is a ghost town in my region.

Just went to OKC and did "Browse Matches". There are only 13 results! And that's people who have been online in the last YEAR.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 5:40:58 AM
just went there, no swipe but you can click 'like' on their profile. I have 21 likes received, 12 that I have liked. what are the chances of many of those overlapping? now if I can guess who the 21 are, I could decide if I was interested in any or just give up.
 hemingway234
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 9:52:35 AM
So it does not show you mutual likes? So you don't know who would receive a message if you sent it? Or is that a paid feature?
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 11:00:41 AM
$9.95/month to see who likes me. my guess is it isn't any of the ones I liked so why bother.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:01:46 PM
I think OKC has done all this so that people would pay and so that they would swipe on more and more people as much as possible. It's not helpful to the process of actually meeting someone, focusing on them and connecting, maybe I'm wrong.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 3:20:39 AM
Is it any wonder why that they're referred to, as OkStupid?

It's just a bunch of Pc gamer geeks that run that mess. They really believe that you'll spend money just to find out who likes you. If you fall for their speal, then you get to find out the person who set the the whole mess into motion, has the personality of an ice cube.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > OKcupid adopts swiping like Tinder