Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What is an after-date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Akitahun
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What is an after-date?Page 1 of 1    
I recently had someone ask me to plan an after-date....I guess that means something to do after our 3;00 PM meet which would have lasted an hour at most. I have never heard of this. Is this about picking whose house to go back to after the "meet"? Or am I reading to much after this? Curious mind wants to know! :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:18:19 AM

Is this about picking whose house to go back to after the "meet"?

Yes. Mainly back to his place to "meat", after you "meet". :)

Doing something else after a dinner date is part of the date, still. Everyone knows that. I can only think of a couple scenarios where him saying that isn't referring going back to his place:

(1) You have a planned (non-lengthy) Double Date, or a group-couples outing. He wants to plan an after-date, in that sense.

(2) The Date is a (non-lengthy) formal setup. Whether it be going to a formal shindig as your Date, but, it's still going to be early so he's saying he doesn't want it to end Just Then... or some 'date' to some sporting event, where he'd like to go somewhere else since it's a daytime game (but the date was originally set to 'see the game').
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 3
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/20/2018 1:26:27 AM
When you say a 3:00 pm meet is this a first meeting? If so, there is no need to plan any after date bullshit before you even know if you're compatible.
 hemingway234
Msg: 4
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/20/2018 7:08:36 AM
lol, when you hear "after-date", that's your cue to run for the hills!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 5
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/20/2018 4:03:26 PM
I thought one discarded something if it's noted to be "after-date".
LOL, Other than "Shelf life", never heard of it!
 ssm508
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/23/2018 7:18:41 AM
I would think it means doing something else after the original plans had ended. The OP should ask him directly what he is referring to.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 7
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/23/2018 7:37:14 AM
could be either. an afternoon date that isn't very long, after-date could be a walk in the park or see a show. late night drinks for your date, after-date could be back to his place to play hide the salami.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/23/2018 3:53:19 PM
After Date,, sounds like he plans to get laid.
 Tom├ísIasan
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:09:28 PM
It falls really on type of guy, I go out with a woman enjoyed her company so much was a persistent enough to try to get her to spend more time with me instead of rushing home to sleep in the next day. No sex just each others company and enjoyable conversation seeing where it goes.

Seen guys use it as term to get laid won't deny that either but it's relative to what people are looking for rather and circumstances involved. An after date special is returning to the home you can bet they are meaning sex 90% or more of the time.

Whereas a guy saying come on stay out a little longer nights still young lets hit the club or what not coffee shop whatever doesn't seem like their ready to lose your presence just yet.

One is actually persistence if perfected right can be very persuasive and effective means to have a woman want to be with him, he can see how interested in him she really is. The other is selfish behaviour looking for a fix and a sex thing.
 whiterose0
Msg: 10
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/27/2018 9:53:52 AM
OP, an after-date could have been something as innocent as a follow-up date.

Why not ask him to clarify what he meant by it, rather than reading something sinister into his meaning?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 9/30/2018 6:19:22 AM
A 3P.M. meet isn't a date. The"after-date" could be a cover for sex, if he said nothing more than an hour? This part is confusing to me.

OTOH, if he wanted to take you on a date, he would. He might want to see if you pass the audition, first. If this is the case, and the only way you can find out is to ask him to clarify what he means by it, and he confirms, then **** him, and not in a good way - you can find somebody better.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 10/1/2018 11:28:24 PM

A 3P.M. meet isn't a date.

Ummm, I disagree. Does it really matter what time it is?

"No honey, I did NOT go out on a date with another guy! We met at the restaurant at 3PM! 3PM doesn't count as a date, even though it lasted until 8pm!" ;)

If 3PM isn't a date in his view, he wouldn't label doing something after that non-date an "after date". An "after date", by default would be like a "night cap", or a very rigid-structured date like at an event that has been planned, but later suggesting doing something after as there would be open time for it.
 Akitahun
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 10/2/2018 1:58:21 AM
Update: He moved to San Diego!!! So we will never know! POOF! DISAPPEAR!!!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What is an after-date?
Posted: 10/6/2018 9:37:51 AM
Akitahun.. Maybe "after-date" he wanted you to move to San Diego. J/K. I would have asked. What do you mean by "after-date" and given him a chance to explain. It perhaps means different things to different men. Sex would not be the first thing coming to mind. Usually if a man wants that he says something more specific like " Do you want to ****" or for this new generation I think the term is "DTF"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What is an after-date?