Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Message preventing me from signing in      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TLVcitygirl
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Message preventing me from signing inPage 1 of 1    
Hi everyone,

I can't sign in to my POF account. I get the following message:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Did anybody have this problem? Can somebody please be kind and give me the support's email of POF? I can't access the site at all :-(

Thanks and good weekend.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Message preventing me from signing in
Posted: 9/22/2018 8:12:32 AM
this happened to me once. had to call them. said I was hacked and had to delete profile/start over.
 TLVcitygirl
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 9:34:39 PM
Thank you for your reply John.
 TLVcitygirl
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 9:37:25 PM
Would you be kind John and send me their phone number? I don't have any access to the site at all.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 7:59:03 AM
TLV, Just curious, how can a person ‘send’ you anything if you have no access to the site?

Anyway, this is an often complained about issue. There are dozens of threads about this. There are as many fixes as there are people replying to these posts about the issue. There is however just one issue that people regularly report as their fix. That is to disable any VPN and or proxy you are running. The POF dating site has serious issues with VPNs and proxies. The forum site does not have those same issues. The fact that you cannot log into the dating site but you can log into the forums site indicates that your account and password are still valid (unless you are using multiple profiles – which is against the rules and a whole different conversation).

So, if you are running a VPN or using a proxy disable them and try again. If you do not know if you are or you have no idea how to disable them get someone who can help you.

If you are worried about your privacy and security and not willing to disable those items while on POF then POF probably is not a good fit for you since the antiquated coding does not allow for these personal security features. I suppose it is a failed attempt to deter user multiple accounts.

If you disable a VPN and or proxy, please post if that solved the issue or not. As I said, there are scores of suggestions posted but almost never what the results were or even if the person who posted the issue tried the suggestions. If you post your results it will help others who decide to search for, and read, these dozens of threads about this common issue before starting another thread about it.

Here are just the first few of the first page of threads that show up by searching the word ‘login’.

Unable to login:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16728822.aspx

Ads Account Unable to Login:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16721738.aspx

Unable to login:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16662241.aspx

Unable to login, Reseting Password doesn't work.:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16705848.aspx

Etc.
Etc.

Etc.

Like I said, there is a plethora of threads, so this is a common issue. And, POF obviously does not care since this has been an issue for years.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 8:05:33 AM
OH, another thing. It is also possibly a temporary glitch that may correct itself. They are common and often - with the antiquated coding here.

I do stand by my above solution though as the most likely scenario since you are able to log into the forums but not the dating site. (Again, unless you are using a different profile to access the forums than the one you are trying to access the dating site.)
 _Batmån
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 7:06:46 PM
I don't have any access to the site at all. Msg: 4

Use of a VPN causes registration and login problems, not denial of all access to the site.

TLVcitygirl, if you cannot even see the POF site at all, then it could be that POF is being blocked by something on your device. Check to see if POF is being blocked by the web browser you have been using, or try a different browser if you have one installed. Considering your location, maybe the Internet provider you are using is blocking POF.
 TLVcitygirl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 10:31:58 PM
I meant sending the number here on the forum which, fortunately, I can access.
Thank you for both for your help.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 11:48:11 AM
i was a paid member at the time and had to get the number from my c.c. company.
 Two__Phish
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 5:42:12 PM
It's happening to me too.

POF - (604) 692-2542
 DJH1974
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 6:09:41 PM
There are a number of Posts going up now and seems people are having problems with their Chromebooks. I'm getting a message regarding URL and can't get into my personal info on here... So far only getting connected onto this forum.
 Two__Phish
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 3:32:24 PM
It is Chromebook and Chrome browser.

I have a brand new Chromebook and can't log on POF.
I also have a spare laptop PC but I can't log on using Chrome browser either, however.....I can with Internet Explorer so...it's definitely a Chrome issue.

Anyone know how to fix this?
 ForumLurker
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 4:48:15 PM

Anyone know how to fix this?

Use I.E. or Firefox!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
 Two__Phish
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 8:34:01 AM
You CAN'T with a Chromebook. Google OWNS this Chromebook! It's ONLY compatible with Chrome.
You can stop laughing now!
 daneil_da
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 11:23:32 AM
i get this too -- dump your cookies/cashe/ history and dont use a fav or bookmark or auto fill to get to pof
 ForumLurker
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 5:24:05 PM

Google OWNS this Chromebook! It's ONLY compatible with Chrome.

Not really, unless you want to blindly believe what Google tries to make you believe.

Now, understand, I totally realize that you bought your Chromebook because it runs Google Chrome so you would not have any reason to run Firefox. But, if you wanted to, it is as easy as going to the PlayStore and downloading the Firefox App for Android. It will run flawlessly on your Chromebook.

Now, if you want to run the full blown desktop version of Firefox there are tons of web site that spell out the hack. It is involved and cumbersome to do and I cannot think of why anyone would want to other than proving they can but it is doable.

There are also apps to run a virtual IE on your Chromebook. Not quite IE, but more of an IE Spoof to fool websites into thinking they are being opened in IE. Not everything works but a lot of pages Chrome cannot run will open and partially to fully operate.

What really needs to happen is either POF get enough complaints and make the changes necessary to make it work on Chrome again, or Google make changes to Chrome to allow whatever is blocking POF to work. But do not hold your breath for either.

Now, back to rolling on the floor…………
 sagitscor
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 1:30:45 AM
Hi I haven't been able to sign in for several days, like you can't get any info!
 hinterhoeller
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 10:16:37 PM
You should be able to download firefox onto it via the play store... I think? Anyway, possible workaround for you. Hope it helps.
 back_again4917
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 4:29:50 PM
↑↑↑

You should be able to download firefox onto it via the play store... I think?

Is not that exactly what Lurker just posted in Msg: 16?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 3:18:22 AM
I'm having the same issue, but just on Chrome. I can get the main dating site to load on other browsers, though, not that I am active on it.
 cycleboy506
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 12:09:37 AM
I've had this issue for a few weeks now, on Opera, Safari, and Chrome browsers on a MacBook Air:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 7278124607984881404

js.
 RDeNeero
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 9:39:42 AM
I had the same issue using Chrome a few days ago. I deleted all POF cookies from Chrome. This worked for me.

Chrome > Customize and control Google Chrome (top right-hand corner of the browser page, under the X, click on the 3 vertical dots) > Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security > Content settings > Cookies > All cookies and site data

Do a search for --> pof

Delete ALL the cookies that show up.

Try logging in to POF again.
 Blackman752001
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 2:42:52 PM
For me it was my anti virus causing the problem,
 hemingway234
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 7:54:26 AM
I tried I.E. browser but could not even get the site to come up, lol

Click "inbox" and log in from that page. It's slow but it does work.

I think this site is going the way of the dodo bird.

I may be headed to Match.com in the future. It's not as good as it used to be, and cost money.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Message preventing me from signing in