Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What should I do now?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chongpeace
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What should I do now?Page 1 of 1    
In , a guy expressed like me. He is my type. I am kinda picky, I rarely feel a guy is my type. :) I expressed like him too, also, text messaged him. My text message should be decent. It has been 2 days he did not reply. What should I do now?

Thanks
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 2
What should I do now?
Posted: 9/22/2018 9:01:55 AM
Maybe the guy is equally as picky. All you can do is the play the wait and see game.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 9/23/2018 12:20:36 PM

I expressed like him too, also, text messaged him. My text message should be decent. It has been 2 days he did not reply. What should I do now?

Nothing. You did all you could. The only exception would be if what you wrote gave some wrong idea to him (and you wanted to write again to correct/clarify it). All he did was tag you with a "Like". It doesn't necessarily mean much. All it means is that you're at least not tossed out. It doesn't mean a crush, by any means. So you Liked him back + wrote him. No response = no interest.

For us guys who are "expected" to write girls first -- the rule of thumb is, you write a girl, and you move on. Don't Expect a reply. Don't Wait on anything. At all. Move on, and only shift gears to pay attention IF she were to reply.
 flyover_boy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 9/24/2018 10:37:47 AM
Hi Chong...

Nothing is wrong with being picky...and you know for yourself what works for you and doesn’t. But, you are here and your profile has very open thinking, you are not happy with the results.

Your honesty and candor is very refreshing. You demonstrate some humility here, that’s the new sexy, believe me. But, I think your goals might be hard to reach, if I read you correctly.

This issue has come up on other message boards, about the age 40 threshold. On the eHarmony board, women sometimes asked why their matches dried up at 40...credited to their male counterparts’ setting for under 40. On that site, your preferences are private. Other OLD studies have shown the single most popular age women list to be 39. While I don’t really hear it in you, there is a pattern I’ve heard from women in this age bracket, by some, who married young, had kids, now divorced, think they will pick up dating right where they left off in their late 20‘s. They are shocked to learn it isn’t the same.

More to the point, the end game here appears to be marriage. Being in the age bracket you are looking at and knowing plenty of single men in that zone, honestly...many are not really looking for a woman over 40 for the final vows. Of course never say never...but I’d be open to men a little older too. Men in their 50‘s and even 60‘s can be active, yet they have mellowed in their careers, have more free time to focus on you, less pressure on their jobs. But, they too, are not adversed to much younger women too...it is what it is.

National search ? I’ve done long distance...even globally. It can be done and is an option. You might be more able to pull it off than your domestically born counterparts. But, it may also require more initiative on your behalf. In otherwords, you like Dan in Denver...will you fly out to Dan’s neighborhood to see him to kick things off ? Or, are you demanding he take the big leap to fly out to Jacksonville ? To give you the best run, it might be on your to take the first step.

I would tighten up your profile a little bit, take out some of the ‘thinking out loud.’ But, keep that light humor and ‘good cheers.’ The tone, ain’t bad, and we’ve read plenty that are VERY much a turn off.

I like the last paragraph too. Clever. To return your serve, I’d point out too...that, the economy of your Homeland is whatever the government board says it is. I made a million dollars last year...because I said so. Businesses that are burning real money like an incinerator are made hugely profitable on the books. Teaching physics like that kind of economics, is the ball rolls up the hill. Don’t design any bridges for me any time soon. The flower of China’s youth are racing to an old folks home, draining energy and productivity. And, welcoming in more diabetes, heart disease and lung cancer (smoking). You have plenty of young, angle and aggressive neighbors; i.e. Vietnam, Korea, Taiwan (some see as legitimate China), Singapore and to some degree Indonesia. Kitten Tigers getting set to roar. The US Navy, in some ways, made modern China. Destroyed your great hegemon nemesis last Century (Japan), secured trade routes to give you markets to grow wealthy, paid for by US blood and treasure. The wealthy and elite in China know this and have fortunes parked in Canada, US and Europe, insurance parachutes should things back there get nasty. But, I do sincerely hope for a new prosperous China and not a Fort Sumter moment...we’ve had one of those here, they ain’t fun. You might be interested in the views of Peter Zeihan and his work ‘The Accidental Superpower.’ You’ll find his talks on YouTube, interesting global perspective.

Good luck on the dating front and let us know how things progress.
 Chongpeace
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 9/24/2018 7:09:47 PM
Thanks for all the writing, advice, appreciated
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 9/26/2018 1:40:50 PM

What should I do now?

Eat a donut.
 Chongpeace
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 10/10/2018 7:22:31 PM
I waited longer time and wrote to him again, he never responded, so, that is it. :)

Thanks for all the response, really appreciate
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 10/11/2018 4:16:32 AM

I waited longer time and wrote to him again, he never responded, so, that is it. :)

You did the right thing. Writing him that additional time gave you closure. Now you won't think, "What if?"
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 10/11/2018 6:34:03 PM

Eat a donut.

Thanks for all the response, really appreciate

Natey2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:23:15 AM
Have you tried sending him a POF Gift?
 dynamicones
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What should I do now?
Posted: 11/16/2018 8:06:47 AM
he hit "a" button, did he even come to your profile? he hit "a" button. Ok you messaged him, and you messaged again. Good for you, least you're not sitting still. So don't sit still now, move along, this ones a loser
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What should I do now?