Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I thought she was interested, is she?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sclass7
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I thought she was interested, is she?Page 1 of 1    
I met this girl a few months ago for networking reasons. We got on a few calls for business then at the end of one call she asked what my plans were that night and also suggested we should keep talking. She ended up at the same party I was that night but she was already there with friends. I said hi to her and she hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. We went our separate ways, then when I was leaving, she stared me down and said 'heyyy.'

A few days later I suggested we meet up but she said she was going on vacation for a few weeks. So I suggested we meet up when she gets back and she enthusiastically said yes and to reconnect when she gets back. So I did. In fact I asked her for a coffee date and she simply said "I'm sorry I have a meeting." I didn't bother responding since I figured she wasn't interested. On the day I suggested she even posted IG stories showing she was in town.

She later came to a party I helped organize and it was like I never asked her out and she and I were talking. We were even sitting at the bar with another mutual friend, who ended up leaving then it was just us for a few minutes. There was another event where she was the mc, I ended up sitting next to her the whole event. There were times she was leaning into me, we were practically touching.Then I run into her again at another event, we small talked a bit, then when I was leaving, I asked her when are we gonna get together, she said after the 13th. So it's after the 13th and we still haven't gotten together. Today, I asked her if she's going to an event later this month and she said she will be "unfortunately" out of town. Then I ask her if she's free to get together before she leaves and she says "sadly, [she is insanely busy]."

She is pretty confident and outgoing so I'm sure that plays into this.

So I'm not sure where to go from here. Seems like something is always coming up. But, she did provide a specific date that second time I asked her so I thought that was a good thing.
 whiterose0
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I thought she was interested, is she?
Posted: 9/23/2018 8:07:20 AM
It sounds like she's not interested in you romantically. I think she just wants to keep things friendly and professional, since the two of you have to travel in the same circles. I'd suggest that you stop asking her out.
 oldwxman
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 8:22:30 AM
*It sounds like she's not interested in you romantically. I think she just wants to keep things friendly and professional, since the two of you have to travel in the same circles. I'd suggest that you stop asking her out.

Whiterose is probably right. What she left out is that she may have been interested until you started badgering her. Take whiterose's advice and back off.
 sclass7
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 8:34:25 AM
Can I reengage her eventually ? Or is it totally a lost cause?
 PollyR107
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 9:11:05 AM
OP, don’t think too much into it. You seem to have asked her out a few times and she said she was “busy” without counter offering another date and time. I do see this as a polite decline to your approach.

As a girl, if I’m busy but interested in the guy who asks me out, I’ll offer him a couple of possible dates to meet. And if he’s really interested, he’ll grab it quick.

What you can do right now is to let her know that you’re really keen to go out on a date with her, please be clear about this that you’re interested in her romantically and don’t leave room for interpretation. Then if she says she’s busy again this time, leave your contact details with her and ask her to let you know when she can go out with you. If you don’t hear any further, that’s your answer right there. If she’s interested, she knows how to reach you.

Leave the ball in her court.
 sclass7
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 9:36:41 AM
Yea I get the thing that if she was interested she'd make time for me. But she is known to be flaky and took days to respond to my friend who is married and has kids (flaked on him once too), therefore has no interest in her romantically.
 oldwxman
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 9:55:55 AM
*Can I reengage her eventually ? Or is it totally a lost cause?

Time will tell if it is a lost cause. If she starts to miss your attention for a while, she might come to you.

Your part in this is over. For all you know, she is on the phone with her BFF saying, "I mean giyy. He asked me again. It was like creepers!" Don't push her to that. She knows where to go to start something. Ball is in her court.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 9:59:38 AM
OP, is this the same woman you've been making other threads about?
(see OPs History)
If so, give it up. She doesn't want you. If not, why do you keep going for the same type of unattainable women?
 spot4username
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 1:02:09 PM
Did you ever get that therapy that was suggested by multiple posters? I believe it would help you. You have the same questions about social situations and women every single time you create a post. You are clearly stunted when it comes to these things. A professional could more likely than not teach you how to read social signals and not be inappropriate. Help you with boundaries as it were.

If this is about the same woman as your other posts... let it go. At this point she most likely finds you bordering on creepy if you aren't already over the line.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 2:45:50 PM

She ended up at the same party I was that night but she was already there with friends. I said hi to her and she hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. We went our separate ways, then when I was leaving, she stared me down and said 'heyyy.'

Yes, you told this story before. :)

A few days later I suggested we meet up but she said she was going on vacation for a few weeks. So I suggested we meet up when she gets back and she enthusiastically said yes and to reconnect when she gets back. So I did. In fact I asked her for a coffee date and she simply said "I'm sorry I have a meeting." I didn't bother responding since I figured she wasn't interested. On the day I suggested she even posted IG stories showing she was in town.

This means she lacks interest. She has been nice to you, but remember -- girls have multiple dude options. Especially the ones you're ga-ga about.

She later came to a party I helped organize and it was like I never asked her out and she and I were talking. We were even sitting at the bar with another mutual friend, who ended up leaving then it was just us for a few minutes. There was another event where she was the mc, I ended up sitting next to her the whole event. There were times she was leaning into me, we were practically touching.

Wow, you were left alone with her for a Few Minutes?! OMG! ;) And you were almost touching at certain points during an event? She MUST have great interest in you! ;)

Then I run into her again at another event, we small talked a bit, then when I was leaving, I asked her when are we gonna get together, she said after the 13th. So it's after the 13th and we still haven't gotten together. Today, I asked her if she's going to an event later this month and she said she will be "unfortunately" out of town. Then I ask her if she's free to get together before she leaves and she says "sadly, [she is insanely busy]."

FFS, man. Get the picture. She's not even close to being into you. She's nice & friendly and you're trying to Only see clues that she likes you, when it's staring you in the Face that she's not into you. What does it take for you to get the Obvious Obvious Clue that she's NOT into you? You think during this whole time she hasn't fooled around with a cute guy? Of course she has. She has had the time, and enjoyed every inch of it.

Give it up, man. Learn when to Punt the ball. When something's "always coming up", that Equals NO Interest. It's dating 101. :)
 hemingway234
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 4:29:23 AM
If they are not counter offering dates they are crazy or not interested. People who like each other find a way. You've done your part.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 6:44:18 AM

Somebody wake me when the reruns are over and a new thread topic occurs.
 cooldog65
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 7:16:50 AM

Same woman from networking event back in June. Wash, rinse, repeat. See below...

I met this girl for networking reasons almost a month ago. We've been in touch since. Some things that stood out when we've talked is on one call, she asked what I was doing that night, and at the end of that same call she suggested we keep talking, which I'm pretty sure she meant in terms of networking purposes but still. There was a party that I found out about which I wasn't sure if I was going to when we were talking so I just told her I'd let her know if I heard of anything. She ended up at the same party but she was with a few friends. I said hey and we talked a few minutes then parted ways. When I was leaving she stared me down and said hey, like if she texted me hey, it would've been 'heyyyyyyy'. She is pretty outgoing and confident so not sure if that makes any difference. I could just be overanalyzing everything but maybe not, I have no idea.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 3:17:12 AM
She's a busy body for lack of better terms....have known a couple like her...they are afraid to sit still and also like the busy life....she might come around but there's to many fish in the ocean....don't hold your a**s waiting....good luck!
 Natey2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2018 2:35:44 PM
Almost everybody on these dating sites is hedging their bets.
And they all have a list of people they want, in preferential order.
From what you described, you are NOT #1 on her list.

Funny thing is, she's probably not going to get her #1 guy too, because she's not #1 on his list. LOL
 PennyAnte
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2018 8:24:39 AM
"Can I reengage her eventually ? Or is it totally a lost cause?

You are making it a "cause". Let go. It never was a "cause".

If you love someone let them go
If they come back that means nobody else wanted them
So let them go again.

Forest Hills.. The Ramones!
I think perhaps you need to be sedated instead of infatuated.
 CBGB77
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2018 9:23:23 AM

Posted By: PennyAnte on 10/26/2018 1039 AM
Subject: I thought she was interested, is she?
Message: "Can I reengage her eventually ? Or is it totally a lost cause?

You are making it a "cause". Let go. It never was a "cause".

If you love someone let them go
If they come back that means nobody else wanted them
So let them go again.

Forest Hills.. The Ramones!
I think perhaps you need to be sedated instead of infatuated.

Back in the '70s I went to Forest Hills to buy "ludes" from Joey's brother.He had an RX for them,true story.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2018 3:33:25 PM
^^^I had a prescription for them too. Those and my boobs made me the most popular girl in town. We used to travel all over to see the Ramones to in Alston/Boston area. Almost got crippled in a mosh pit one night... but I was very sedated!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I thought she was interested, is she?