Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How men mathematically sleep with more people than women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How men mathematically sleep with more people than womenPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Men sleep with double the people women do and still expect women to date them, sleep with them and settle down. All the while women get shamed for sleeping with men and for wanting prospective partners to not sleep with many.
What is this hypocrisy?

To show, what is happening with peoples sexual partner numbers consider this data which is pretty accurate of what is happening except larger numbers:
M: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1
F: 10, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
One female slept with 9 males while rest slept with one. 9 males slept with 2 while 1 male slept with one. The averages are the same, 1.9 but the mode/most common amount is 2 for men and 1 for women.
So who is "used" up here (reference to Tech saying women sleep around and get used up and expect men to settle down with them).
Who is the gender most likely having "orgies" and 1NS (reference to Tech saying women have orgies and 1NS).
It is pretty obvious it is males since 90% of males in this data had 2 which is double the females who 90% had 1.
Real studies provide further evidence providing support that males commonly have much more partners than women.

According to the National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles of 18,876 British people 1990-91, twice as many women (39.3%) had only 1 sexual partner during their lifetime compared to men (20.6%); while 24.4% of all men had more than 10 sexual partners compared to 6.8% of women. One percent of men accounted for 16% of all partners in the previous 5 years. Of 11,000 people aged 16-44 surveyed in 2001, average number of relationships in the previous 5 years was 4 for men and 2.5 for women. Men had on average 13 lifetime partners, while women had exactly half that.
New studies I mentioned in other posts further support this with an Australian study finding men had on avg 18 difference sexual partners while women had 8.

Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 2
How men mathematically sleep with more people than women
Posted: 9/24/2018 6:55:01 AM
If every or most men have a harem full of women to sleep with, while women scrounge to get sex partners, why are there a gazillion posts from men, saying they send out tons of opening messages, and are lucky to get 1 or 2 responses back, and the odds are even worse, trying to get to the stage of a first meet-while women say, they get so many opening messages from guys on a daily basis, they are overwhelmed and don't have time to sift through all of them? So in effect, women get the pick of the litter. What's the mathematics behind that?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 8:39:00 AM
That is off topic, statistically men have slept with double the amount women have. But for your off topic point, my theory is: Men have a high need for sex which means seeking women for dates. The complaints of failure either comes from the cuckold men who are in the minority or from men who over emphasize their dating failure. They psychologically judge themselves based on how many rejections they have had rather than how many times they succeeded. Like for example my boyfriend has been on many dates and slept with more people than I did yet felt like no one wanted him and that he was unsuccessful. Obviously not that many replied to him as that is standard for men, but he still had quite a few dates and sex. Yet I had less dates than him and slept with less and more people replied to me yet I did not feel overly unsuccessful. So I think men are judging their succus based on how many initial rejections they get on dating sites or irl rather than the true outcome they end up having.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 8:57:17 AM
In another thread about numbers, someone posted a scenario in which 5 men and 5 women were dropped on an island. The most likely number of partners:
M: 5, 0, 0, 0, 0
F: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

You're leaving out the high percentage of men who have zero partners. You admitted the top 1% of men got 16% of the women.

Messages / responses are different than sexual partners, but on online sites, most of the women get attention while only a small percentage of the men do based on anectodal evidence from forum posts: women no matter how unattractive still get many offers, while men who do everything right have no success because they're not good looking or tall or rich enough.

Also on that thread, people mentioned how women would underreport their number of partners while men would embellish theirs by claiming more. So your 13 / 6.5 and 18 / 8 would be more like men: 4 and women: 20 or men: 6 and women: 24 if the lying factor is 3 (men multiplying their number by 3 and women dividing their number by 3 as they did in American Pie 2).

Women seem to want a man who has more experience than she does. Many men would be glad to be with a virgin, but most women would shun one unless she's a manipulator who tries to tell him that her selfish way of doing it is the way everybody does it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 11:20:28 AM

Men sleep with double the people women do and still expect women to date them, sleep with them and settle down

The average # is the same between men & women, on how many each gender slept with. The article from the other thread you pointed to, makes the erroneous mistake assuming everyone knows this, thus, it doesn't mean anything. In fact, most people believe the average # of women men slept with > # of men that women slept with. That's certainly Not the case. As that author points out -- they are The Same.

His point was what you're pointing to: What's the most Common #? That's good to know if there's a huge spike in a Particular #. But if you have 8 to 12 the Highest -- and almost the same #, this becomes a problem if you want "a" #.

Also a problem with that article is the author's laughable thing about an "average fallacy". No, the average is not a fallacy. It's 100% true. What he's writing about isn't his specialty, by the way (looking at his credentials). An average of something CAN lead a typical person to come to an erroneous, hasty conclusion. But so can the most Common #, too. His angle is that the most Common # would be best to look at in this realm, over average -- because average is always going to Be The Same between men & women.

Your statement I quoted is incorrect because men do NOT sleep with double the women. That is an assumed fallacy based on the most common #. Instead, *IF* that British survey was 100% correct (it was not; even the author questioned it) -- the most typical guy slept with 2x the women of the most typical girl. Men & women's are the same #, same average. That's a fact. But a Typical guy, I would myself assume would be higher, but not by 2x. That's laughable.

Don't trust that survey. Why? We both agree that the Average of a survey should be about the Same. That's the litmus test.

Men had on average 13 lifetime partners, while women had exactly half that.

... and we know that the average should be the same. Hence, we know the results are Skewed. This should be roughly Equal. Hence, looking for the most Common # is going to be not reliable, either (or anything else). :)
 dinno76
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 12:15:41 PM
Women tend to claim they have had less sexual partners than they have actually had.Men tend to claim they have had more sexual partners than they actually have had. In the past a women that slept around were considered sluts. Men that slept around were considered studs. Not sure if that is the case anymore.
 PollyR107
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 1:50:53 PM
I don’t know about other women. But the number of guys I slept with is far less than the number of the ones I went out or dated. This is because I won’t be able to convince myself to have sex with strangers. One night stands or sex on a first date will be out of questions.

I know a lot of people sleep with everyone they date but that’s not who I am.

When I date a guy, I’ll know whether I want to continue to see him within 4dates or less and sex never happens before that because I must get to know the guy better before jumping into bed with him.

However, I don’t see what significance it makes to have more or fewer sexual partners in the past. I don’t care so long as my guy only have me once we’re in a relationship.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 3:11:51 PM
Seriously? Who gives a rats patuuty!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 3:58:48 PM
If you believe that survey, then I have some off-shore florida real estate to sell you.

I fall out of the stated average you quote, which makes it all a bunch of horsy du-du. Bet they forgot to carry the 7 in their calculations.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 6:41:05 PM
Others dating, success or failure of is moot to me. I date once in a while. And I do not sleep around, I see usually just one person at a time, if i get to see a guy a few dates, i wont see others. But thats me, and how i roll.

Currently the only "guy" in my life is 5 months old. lol
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 6:54:04 PM
LOL, ^ ^ ^ I think that makes you a "cradle robber!"
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 9:14:24 PM
Men averagelIy have a higher mode than women.
Literally all surveys show that men slept with basically double the people women did. You can't discount that and say it is lies.
The questionairres/surveys are done anonymous online. There is no reason for the participant to lie and skew their numbers. There is little chance of people lying due to social desirability of answers.
It is the average mode we are talking about here not the overall average. Overall average doesn't show anything as it is the same.
Some men may be cuckold and not get partners but as the study shows, more women aka double are cuckold. While men averagely have a higher mode. Aka the majority of male population had more sexual partners than a majority of women.

Twice as many women (39.3%) had only 1 sexual partner during their lifetime compared to men (20.6%); while 24.4% of all men had more than 10 sexual partners compared to 6.8% of women.

40% of women had only 1 sex partner.
20% of men had only 1 sex partner.
25% of men had more than 10 sexual partners
6.8 of women had more than 10.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 4:25:28 AM

Seriously? Who gives a rats patuuty

Well I for one like nothing more than to debate statistics and mathematical equations to get in the mood :)
 sun_water
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/25/2018 5:56:08 AM

The questionairres/surveys are done anonymous online. There is no reason for the participant to lie and skew their numbers. There is little chance of people lying due to social desirability of answers.

Someone posted a link in the "Lack of sexual experience" thread about possible reasons for discrepancy between the average partners for men and women in these surveys. Lying was mentioned as one of the reasons.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 5:57:24 AM
6.8 of women had more than 10. the 6.8% would of had a lot more than ten. they out screwed the men 3:1!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 6:14:57 AM

...and I had so hoped I'd never have to contemplate another math 'story problem' for the rest of my life~

;-(
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/25/2018 6:53:32 AM

6.8 of women had more than 10.

What is the percentage of people who don't care about other people's sexual history? It's probably close to 100%.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/25/2018 7:37:44 AM
I think it basically comes down to how many years some one has been single, versus being in a relationship, but then there are exceptions to that I know a guy who was married 20 years and has slept with more women in the last year than I have in my entire life :)
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 7:52:31 AM
Sienna wrote:
Literally all surveys show that men slept with basically double the people women did. You can't discount that and say it is lies.

The most mathematical sleep many men get, is counting sheep. And what they're imagining doing with those sheep, well...it's their business I suppose.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 8:02:33 AM
3 men and 3 women are stranded on an island for a year with no other civilization. after returning home, all 3 men claim they had 3 women while there. all 3 women claim the slept with none. is that scenario posable?
 sun_water
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/25/2018 8:06:11 AM

What is the percentage of people who don't care about other people's sexual history? It's probably close to 100%.

The most important number is the amount of other women a man had sex with when I'm in a relationship with him. Hopefully that number is zero. The OP seems to be obsessed with this topic. She has mentioned this in several threads that I have seen. Including threads that were eventually deleted.
 Tech30
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 8:34:47 AM
"Men averagelIy have a higher mode than women. "

Averagelly? jesus....

Anyway , men have an instinctive need to spread their seed and so even today want to have lots of sex . Its against our nature to have one woman and stick with her for long.

In modern days its a lot easier for women to get laid than men. Women are the gatekeepers and have the final say in who she lets in. If a woman is a revolving door instead and any straggler can get in , what man wants to claim that as his prize? not many and the ones that do arent even respected by the woman.

Women on the other hand want a man who is sought after by other women. So a man who has conquered many women is more desirable to her as she can say she was the one to tame the beast so that makes her better than the other women.

I know this is extremely triggering to SJW types and feminists but truth is truth. Even if it hurts your feelings.

You know that women dont think much of men who cant get laid. It is shown that over 80 percent of women are only attracted to 20 percent of the male population sexually.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/25/2018 8:55:17 AM
My feelings aren't hurt by any means...if men were able to spread there seed without being on a lame dating site I would say "all the best "
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 12:43:48 PM

Men averagelIy have a higher mode than women.

That's not the average. I'm assuming you mean among a combined number of survey results -- that based on the average of each one's Typical #, the average of a guy's Most Typical # is higher than the average of women's Most Typical #. OK. But guess what? The Actual Average on each one is always higher, as you point out too -- which by mathematical law, proves you're dealing with skewed results. Because the measure of accuracy would be that the Average for each gender should be roughly the Same.

Not literally double for All, tho. Most have a lot more, yes. Very few have it even somewhat close to each other, but yes, many are Double (or more). Saying men slept with double the #, isn't going by mode aka common #. That'd be a false statement. When you say "men sleep with more women than women sleep with men" -- you're talking about each's average. The total # of women men slept with = the total # of men women slept with, when the ratio is 1:1. Which it is. Takes two to tango. One requires the other. Just the same as if you counted holding hands.

If this whole discussion was about men & women holding hands, there wouldn't be this argument. When it's about Sex, some struggle to do basic math, due to us being conditioned that men's average # of chicks they slept with is higher than women's # with dudes (including myself years ago; but I can't lie to myself when the math becomes obvious).

And yes, you can say they're false survey results. Again, if each survey's results have the Average Far from equal, and most Double for men -- it's PROOF that it's Off. That's not my opinion. It's Super Easy basic math that the author of that article recongizes, when there's ~1:1 ratio of men & women. It's the litmus test if we want to feed off anything else Besides average, for accuracy -- like a mode #, or a typical range that may differ between them. And things Besides average do Not Mean that one gender slept with more than the other. Hence the term "Means" = "Average".

3 men and 3 women are stranded on an island for a year with no other civilization. after returning home, all 3 men claim they had 3 women while there. all 3 women claim the slept with none. is that scenario posable?

"Just the tip"? ;)

Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 2:46:25 PM
Is this a younger generation / millennial thing to justify relationships by the number of "likes" they get?

Why does EVERYthing have to need a score/rating/grade/achievement percentage to make sense?!?

Most of the impulsive crap they do has absolutely nothing to do with logic. Insisting on living in a rental when the market is obscenely overpriced comes to mind.

I really wonder how people define 'Slept together' as a number, anyway. A quickie in a parking lot does not require sleep, nor does it require any sort of commitment. Waking up drunk next to someone you don't remember -- how does THAT fit into the tally? Guys cheat their number on the high side, girls cheat on the lower... that should be as obvious as the sky being blue. There are plenty of people out there that can dismiss a hookup in 12 hours and forget it happened, while others only get 12 hours to hookup in their entire lives. You could amass 20 partners in your lifetime having sex just once every three years - how the hell does THAT fit into what is 'average'?

If we all walked around with our Sex Number glowing on our forehead - what would that change? <--- My personal thinking is that people are too chicken to get involved in anything anymore, and want yet ANOTHER statistic or demographic number planted out there to discriminate people. I really don't care how many items are on your 'must have' checklist - could be twenty or two hundred - but when you finally narrow down that elusive 'match' to something special -- there is still absolutely NO reason that 'match' has to give a damn about you. All that crap means nothing if you can't keep their interest and provide them the respect and love THEY need, too. People tend to forget how selfish they get with their snobbery, or how slim they make their own chances defining what is 'acceptable'.

Being paranoid about a partner hooking up repeatedly IS a valid concern - but a volunteer survey done three years ago a continent away has as much relevance as the color of shoelaces you are currently wearing. Maybe try EARNING an exclusive relationship - instead of demanding one - and see where that gets you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How men mathematically sleep with more people than women