Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > whats with these POF singles mingle people      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HDphotog321
Msg: 1
whats with these POF singles mingle peoplePage 1 of 1    
OK folks. wasen't sure exactly WHO to ask bout this. so decided to stick it hear. got a comment and or question bout these SINGLE mingle dances. seems like every time I go to these things at (adelphia in NJ and or the BUCK hotel in feasterville.. all I seem to run into is. seeming VERY jaded, play hard to get women, that end up only wanting to DANCE with other chicks. what IS IT with these people. AND WHY....dont any of these people END up staying PAST 10PM?

now with ADELPHIA in NJ. anytime POF has a "singles Mingle"? at that place? OMG! where is anybody most of the time. the reason I ask this, is because. the sign up page says...say 125 going? really? and cant find ANYONE. and the chicks in that place? whats WITH these people!? SNOTTY as all hell! and all they wanna do IS dance with each other.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 2
view profile
History
whats with these POF singles mingle people
Posted: 9/26/2018 4:03:42 AM
It seems like the ladies that are there are actually there and don't want to do dance with you. Sure you got to the right party? ;-)
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 7:26:32 AM
Many of the people who claim they're going don't actually go. According to posts from one event host, some of the people who sign up live far away. Some hosts try to keep lists of no-shows to ban them from future events.

A significant percentage of people show up late, so if you're there at the posted beginning time for the event, don't expect to see many of them.

Many people at such events stick with people they already know.

The one event I attended, the women stuck close to people they already knew. Even the ones who sent me messages after I signed up (generic stuff along the lines of "Looking forward to seeing you there, hope to talk with you") stayed glued to their friends at tables. Didn't notice anybody making eye contact. Eyes down or ahead to avoid accidentally making eye contact with a stranger.

I shrugged. Was the only one there under 45, so if the women were traditional in seeking older men, they shouldn't notice me in the first place. The two people with whom I spoke the most were the host (who had good social skills, not cliquish) and a middle aged man who wasn't putting any effort into dating. When I first got there, there was only one empty seat in the bar. The seat was between two women and I made small talk, but didn't try anything. They were older, but not old enough likely to have a single daughter old enough for me.

Your post is painful to read because of horrible writing, especially capitalization.

Go only if you would be happy being by yourself without any POF event occurring. Same applies to Meetup events.
 HDphotog321
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/27/2018 1:40:26 AM
actually, yea I AM at the right party. but the ladies im talkin about aren't POF women. there just other women that are total. BIT@ches. PICKY as hell, and will only seemingly dance with other women.
 HDphotog321
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/27/2018 1:54:21 AM
as far as people ONLY sticking to people they already know,? thats not really fair to the people ive never met at ANY of the events which are alot. and again, I don't know what MOST people LEAVE by 10pm. I was told by someone that its the music the DJ is playing that makes them leave. not sure how true that is. LOL> as far as getting msgs from people hope to see you there? then stayed clued to other people. I would have msged them back and said. HEY! whats with your useless mesg. sorry bout the grammer. will say its SUCH a JOKE that these dance invites makes it seem like guys are gonna meet such WONDERFUL warm. people? actually its quite the reverse to say the least.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 8:19:40 AM
never been to one but have heard the same from others. just think, these are the women that actually went to the function, if that is their mentality, what can you hope to expect from those online that didn't come?
 ohenryx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 9:52:38 AM
They no longer have POF singles events in my area, haven’t for several years. They did previously, and I attended a few. Not bad, not great, middle of the road. Better than going out alone to a club where you know absolutely no one. Meetup is better, find a group you like, keep attending, and pretty soon you will be one of the regulars, lots of people will know you and greet you by name when you show up.

its SUCH a JOKE that these dance invites makes it seem like guys are gonna meet such WONDERFUL warm. people? actually its quite the reverse to say the least.

Just guessing here, as I don’t know you. But it sounds to me like you are your own worst enemy. How well you do at any social gathering is a result of the efforts that YOU put into making it work. It is not anyone else’s job to make you feel warm, welcome, accepted. It is up to you to make an effort. Talk to people, make friends, ask the ladies to dance.
 Tech30
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 8:07:54 AM
Women go to these as well as bars in general to compete against each other in how many men they can ignore/reject.

Be glad they danced just with themselves. These women have major mental issues and you do not want to take them on.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2018 3:49:50 PM
Perhaps the women dancing with women are gay. Sexual preference does not mean you can not attend these parties. I would personally never go to one. It sounds like a meat market.
 ohenryx
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2018 6:43:58 PM
Wait, wait, wait, you people are lost in space or something.

Women like to dance. As a general rule of thumb, women like dancing MUCH more than men. So at any given event where dancing is allowed or encouraged, the odds are there will be more women wanting to dance than men for them to dance with. Exception if you’re at a sausage fest, but what the hell are you doing there anyway? But I digress…

As a part time DJ, I can tell you, with great confidence, that women dance with other women because they want to dance and they feel empowered to do so without having to wait around for some man to ask them. It is not at all unusual for 5, 6, 7 or more women to get out on the floor together and show off their moves. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it has nothing to do with the women being gay, or about “ how many men they can ignore/reject”.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2018 9:05:51 AM
Henry.. It could possibly have something to do with them being gay. I didn't say all women dance with women because they are gay. The gay gals that I know would not dance with a man.. you know all that phallic hating never touch me with a ding a ling types. Man haters.

When I used to drink and go to clubs about 28 years ago back in the 80's I did not like to dance but I saw many women dancing together.
It was for attention and most often they are not only dancing with each other for fun but they are in competition with each other for said male attention.
 ohenryx
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2018 9:36:29 AM

PennyAnte
When I used to drink and go to clubs about 28 years ago back in the 80's I did not like to dance but I saw many women dancing together.
It was for attention and most often they are not only dancing with each other for fun but they are in competition with each other for said male attention.

Now that definitely happens. Anyone with any real life experience knows that. And yes, a woman showing off her dance moves is also showing off her attributes, and men do take notice. Which is okay, as long as you don’t drool on yourself (smile).

PennyAnte
It could possibly have something to do with them being gay. I didn't say all women dance with women because they are gay. The gay gals that I know would not dance with a man.. you know all that phallic hating never touch me with a ding a ling types. Man haters.

Most of the gay women that I know are not man haters. Yes, I know they exist, but I think the percentage is fairly small, at least in my experience. When I’m out dancing with Meetup groups, I do not encounter anything remotely like LBQTG. They just aren’t a part of that scene. Which is one reason I like to go down to the wild side of town every few months, and hang out with a totally different crowd. Remind myself that life is not just vanilla, there are more than 31 flavors, hell, there are an infinite number of “Shades of Grey”.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 2:12:48 AM
I like reading your posts Henry, always balanced and never a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
Your experiences are often similar to mine or at least resonate with me.

Some people just love dancing. No motive.
Rhythm is a dancer.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > whats with these POF singles mingle people