Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > do not understand men on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 avalina50
Msg: 1
view profile
History
do not understand men on POFPage 1 of 1    
I went out with a nice man. Offered to use my Starbucks card to get coffee. He said he wanted to go to a nearby restaurant. We had a lovely time. He said he would pay. I said I'd get the next time. The next day texted him, saying I had a lovely evening. He texts back doI wish to explore this further. After the date I came home to find a close friends had died. My mom died July 1. So I was upset. I texted back Not now because the timing was not right just then. He texts back "Thanks for ripping me off for a free dinner and drinks and I think you are a low-life." He never called to find out anything or asked what was going on. This is why texting is so bad. Had he called I would have explained. In the end I texted him back was so pissed off at his rude insensitive behavior I told him where to go. Feel very bad..
 Fred Astaire24
Msg: 2
view profile
History
do not understand men on POF
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:46:34 PM
Perhaps your text could have offered a bit of an explanation or you could have called him? It is not easy getting to know someone quickly but his response was rude!
 2mstone
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 9:08:50 AM
lol hell! this is a prime case of what I call a creepy weirdo! if this guy thinks a few dollars to have a nice date with someone is a big deal then he has nothing to offer. maybe he should move out in the woods where there is nothing to do and tell me the answer to his question.... if there is no one around for a 100 miles and a tree falls in the woods what sound does it make? I don't see anything wrong with your circumstances and if any guy has to throw the cost of a meal and blow up on your for nothing then now you have the answer to WHY he is single. to me, it sounded like he wanted something other that wasn't on the menu? or he's clingy controlling or even bipolar. wise of advice to you are don't date those guys a good man would have understood.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:27:34 AM
Sounds like your classic dogs butt in heat that already had the other two dates
that he believes are required,already rehearsed!WTF !You nailed and he
didn't!waaaaaaaaaaa!
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 4:43:54 AM
Avalina I suggest you recreate this thread under "Dating Experiences." More people may notice it.
 five-marie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:50:07 PM
Your response to him was kinda vague. Maybe you could have said you had just lost someone dear to you in the text. While his response was rude I think he thought you were giving him the brush off. Maybe you could have called him instead of texting?
 photopilot1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 5:33:24 PM
Perhaps if you text had simply said "Sorry, sudden death of friend. May I call you in 2 weeks for follow-up".

While the gent's reply was rude, it's also possible that he's (like many of us) had a fair number of dates from freeloaders looking for nice dinners that someone else pays for. For sure I've experienced this, even with one lady who in our prior texts insisted on "going dutch" and splitting the bill, then ordering lots of food (and a take-home container for what she couldn't eat), then comes the surprise... "I forgot my wallet".

And you wonder why some guys feel "bitten".
 PilotMan2
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/7/2018 9:35:31 AM
that's the problem with texting there's no tone or inflection or any feelings like you get from a voice talk. He sounds kinda cheap you may have dodged a scrooge.
Posted: 12/25/2018 8:55:41 PM
some men are just really ego challenged, do not say "men on POF" I would have handled the situation. This guy sounds paranoid and highly trigerable. He over extends and then thinks hes been used ... classic what can I say . better luck next time. Also dont triger his insecurities by trying to be too nice LOL. :)
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 6:22:48 AM
He was rude, but he deserved better than "Not now".
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 8:43:24 PM
But OP....I think you dodged a bullet.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > do not understand men on POF