Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How many partners is too much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm22
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How many partners is too much?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Would you date someone who has a sexual history with a lot of different partners? Do you yourself have a history with a lot of sexual partners?

I don't really care how many women a guy has slept with in the past. What matters more to me is his relationship history. Has he had a longterm relationship before and if so how long? And has he ever cheated before?
 hemingway234
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How many partners is too much?
Posted: 9/28/2018 2:12:05 PM
I usually date women who have only had a handful of partners. In fact my first was a virgin. I still remember the virgin to this day.......we had been dating 2 months and we were ready to have intercourse for the first time........ poor thing, her legs were shaking..........I kept asking her, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I did once date a woman who was promiscuous in her younger years. She had a lot of issues, so I only dated her for a few months.

Some people will cheat for revenge, especially women......when a relationship is spiraling down but they are still "there", going through the motions, and doing the work of the relationship without the payment of love. My last ex cheated on her husband because of this - he did not like or want sex, so she was sex-starved for years. So, I'm thinking sometimes you can give them a get out of jail free card, depending on the circumstances.

But if they cheat for no good reason, just because they lack maturity or integrity - that I really don't like.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 2:50:45 PM
Enough, and not one more.

What difference does it make? Who would be willing to be truthful about that?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:01:46 PM

If they are in a relationship with me, then one more than me would be too much.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:09:30 PM

What difference does it make?

LOL, To some it seems to make a whole whale of a difference. I actually have some empathy for guys in the dating world of OLD. Between being too short, too big,, too old, too, too, too, too, (Oh looky I see a ballerina!) now his number is too big, (snicker)
This subject is older than dirt, and doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
Don't ask, don't tell!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:19:31 PM
^^^
too old, too, too, too, too, (Oh looky I see a ballerina!)

I'm feeling a Nutcracker moment coming on.

Where's that bar cart? And I was told there would be cake~
(Smile)
 spot4username
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:45:20 PM
^^^
Sorry *hiccup* I ate all the cake and I may *hiccup* or may not have commandeered the bar cart.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 4:05:12 PM
Hmmmmm I'm think'n we need a cart raid! Here, Spot, here,
 BlindFreddy1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 4:21:54 PM
Well i haven't been involved in a long-term or much less any other type of relationship before , So the chancers of me cheating on anyone are very slim indeed. If i had multiple partners in my life would it make me more attractive..? Not sure how people view that..??
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 4:24:54 PM
^^^kitty kitty kitty
that 's a good boy~

In order to maintain Friday Fun day, this website must allow anyone to post at anytime as long as, blahblahblah

Insert your own objections. or something like that
 purplerider1200
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:22:04 PM
None for me thank you. I'm driving later.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:39:40 PM

Would you date someone who has a sexual history with a lot of different partners? Do you yourself have a history with a lot of sexual partners?

I don't really care how many women a guy has slept with in the past. What matters more to me is his relationship history. Has he had a longterm relationship before and if so how long? And has he ever cheated before?

I actually find that hard to believe. Because I have run into a few men that have had over a 1000 sexual partners. They aren't about to stop with you.

So what is a lot? 10, 20? 100?

My round about thinking is 3-20 for a woman past the age of 25.

People like to talk, and I like to listen and I am curious, so when I dated women tended to talk about their past. It's not like I asked numbers, but you get a general idea.

One woman I dated for a while, I thought of her as a hooker that didn't take money. The first time we went out to lunch during work and started to make out in the taxi back to the office, the second time I met her, we had sex, but she told me she just got an abortion so she should NOT have vaginal sex. This was abortion number 6 so she had a lot of experience with the do's and don'ts. She was angry at this other guy she was sleeping with, he was married. She was angry when she found out he had another GF. So she started to have sex with the other woman. Then she offered to hook me up her and the GF in a 3 some.

On the other hand, my first wife, at 40 I was her second partner, her ex-husband being the first. She was a little too virginal.

I think it matters, but hard to say exactly how because it's so individual.
 MsMicki
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 7:32:37 PM

Well I had 2 at once a very long time ago in a different life...
think it would be too much for me these days...

Now where is that cake?
 cooldog65
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 7:49:58 PM
Averaging less than one partner for each year of life seems reasonable.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 8:43:08 PM
More than 5 is too much, especially when you consider that my my age of they have more it means either they have had no substantial long term relationships or they just like to sleep around.
 Tom├ísIasan
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 9:31:00 PM
Relationship wise men 7 women 4 on average.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 9:45:38 PM
A vivid and colorful imagination is an inherently male trait in this realm.
Past on traditionally from father to son or step father to her son or boyfriend
to the same .With the emphasis on embellishment.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 9:57:57 PM

Relationship wise men 7 women 4 on average.

Thanks. Going forward if asked I'll say 4.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 10:29:04 PM
As I have said before women downplay the number and men exaggerate... No one tells the truth.. As for cheating you cant say who will and who wont. I would be checking there are no STD's. more to the point.
 Don56789
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 12:40:25 AM
It should depend on a number of factors?

Do you have many partners because of instability, vice, etc or because that's how circumstances were...

If they're responsible and hopefully clean, capable of stability, cool.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 1:03:57 AM
^^^Probably circumstances. I was a true "fatherless daughter" - my father not only did not raise me, he was against me being born when I was conceived. It is a known fact that "fatherless daughters" often become promiscuous in their early youth, as physical intimacy is their first chance to experience male affection - and they have not had any fatherly guidance. I must say that those experiences were devoid of any enjoyment. They were awkward. I barely remember them. And I don't know the exact number. If asked, I'm sticking to 4. But nobody asks such a question. A divorced woman of 39 probably had a partner or two in her life. Men care whether you enjoy sex with them and are open to what they like, not your "number"...
On point this article - especially the part about not even liking the guys you are sleeping with.
http://www.healthyblackwoman.com/daddy-less-daughters-why-you-should-think-twice-before-judging-a-promiscuous-woman/#prettyPhoto
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 2:41:46 AM
A man isn't going to be honest about past relationships, usually and more than likely. They'll demonize the last woman he was with to impress you and downplay his interest in teenagers and mysterious trips to Cambodia or Thailand. You'll never know, but there are signs he isn't a trustworthy person, somebody you can't trust to keep you well in his heart. It'd be up to you not to second guess your hunches and not to take his initial scheming too personally because if he is dishonest with you, he is dishonest with others.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 2:44:47 AM

I usually date women who have only had a handful of partners. In fact my first was a virgin. I still remember the virgin to this day.......we had been dating 2 months and we were ready to have intercourse for the first time........ poor thing, her legs were shaking..........I kept asking her, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

You're in your fifties. It'll be hard for you to find any chaste women close or around your age, unless you're aging and the ages of the ladies you pick hasn't changed in twenty years.

You'll never get your true answer if she doesn't want to tell you. Just because she might have her hymen intact doesn't mean she isn't sucking off her next-door neighbor.
 backcreek7
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 9:49:03 AM

I was a true " fatherless daughter "

... A single tear, falls slowly down my cheek. It seems the more our society moves forward, the more the " family unit " leans backward. In my youth, kids could not thrive without the never ending help from both mother AND father. Life was a struggle for most, being a single parent was a difficult and an almost un-heard of option.

... In my op ~ not having the benefit of a loving father or mother, is often catastrophic for the children. The family unit becomes out of balance, guidance becomes a more difficult chore. The future is often thought of as "frightening" to the children, and a sadness is carried throughout. Fatherless / Motherless children, have an extremely hard time understanding & coping with their lives. While we think that one parent has an extremely hard time without a partner, for the children ~ it often appears to be " life threatening ".

... " How many partners is too much ? "

... My thought is ~ when sex turns from something that occurs naturally, in the search for a loving partner > to something that is a necessary " high ". It goes from a being a wonderful shared activity, to a complicated and un - healthy addiction.

... My heart goes out to those such as mahwahgirl, I know their lives have been turned upside down. It certainly was a major hurdle, to grow up with & even survive their youth. ( hugs sweetheart )

~ heart / sun ~
 backcreek7
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 10:11:48 AM

Fatherless Children

^^^ I've re-arranged a few words below ~

* lyrics " Fatherless children, have a hard time when their father is dead ( missing ) Lord ..
.............. Mother will do, the best she can ~ but there's so many things, your mother can't understand ..
.............. Nobody treats you, like your father can ~ when your father is dead ( missing ) Lord ..

.............. MOTHERLESS CHILDREN by Eric Clapton

> turn it up ^

heart / sun
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How many partners is too much?