Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Halloween Profile Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nature_of_the_Beast
Msg: 1
Halloween Profile ReviewPage 1 of 1    
I am a big fan of the Halloween season. I've revamped my profile to cater to those who are like minded as if I am going to meet someone over the next month I would strongly prefer they share the interest.

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=202456852
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 2
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/1/2018 6:23:00 PM
OP it IS pretty cool! :) Just keep in mind that women are very concerned for their safety on these dating sites. No woman wants the next Investigation Discovery show to be about her. Good luck!
 Nature_of_the_Beast
Msg: 3
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/1/2018 6:41:51 PM
Thanks... yes, I've taken the whole safety angle into consideration. I'm harmless in real life and do live in small-town-midwest USA where anyone within 30 miles likely has no more than a "two degrees of separation" before finding someone in common... anyone who takes it too seriously is likely someone I wouldn't care to spend my October with anyways. Besides, it's Halloween. Everyone deserves one good scare :)
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 4
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 4:44:38 AM

You know that part in scary movies where somebody does something really stupid and everyone hates them for it?...................This is that part.

With one distinct exception, I will not contact you... making first contact is completely up to you as the choice to play is yours, and yours alone.

Everyone deserves one good scare :)

===================

(-_-)

You look alone in that house I mean no party or something and the
Light and all..
Who took your picture in that house in that moment and forest?

Nature_of_the_Beast
Msg: 5
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 9:59:34 AM
As a matter of fact, I was alone. Fog machine, flashlights, tripods, a Bluetooth shutter and no plans on a weekend where the kids were at their mothers made for some interesting alone time. Took them specifically to do a Halloween themed profile.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 11:35:13 AM
Horrifying and has no place on a dating site, sorry.
Would be more appropriate on a dedicated haloween site or actual social media.
Not dating sites where you migjt make women fear for their lives.
Being attacked or raped is women's biggest fear on online dating sites so uhhhh
 Nature_of_the_Beast
Msg: 7
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 1:44:28 PM
I appreciate your feedback though I feel you aren’t giving women enough credit. The vast majority understand completely it’s a costume/play acting. For those who don’t or who otherwise want nothing to do with one who would create such a profile, as I state explicitly in said profile, I will not initiate first contact so what exactly is to fear...?

Bottom line is the consensus has been very positive. I’ve received roughly ten times the number of messages I would typically receive over the same time frame and to this point everyone seems to enjoy it.
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 8
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 2:03:31 PM
I think it's great!

It's a Hallowe'en profile as you clearly state. It's unusual to see such a different and creative profile. Kudos!
 spot4username
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 2:06:16 PM
yeah dawg that's gonna be a no for me
 Forums_only
Msg: 10
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/2/2018 10:57:17 PM

I’ve received roughly ten times the number of messages I would typically receive over the same time frame and to this point everyone seems to enjoy it.

Great! How many of these have translated into dates?
 hemingway234
Msg: 11
Halloween Profile Review
Posted: 10/7/2018 4:18:12 AM

I’ve received roughly ten times the number of messages I would typically receive over the same time frame and to this point everyone seems to enjoy it.[quote/]

- I believe it. It's a themed profile and very well done. Pictures are top notch. Way too good for this site. It could be the best I have ever seen.

With a profile like that, who cares about dating?! Thanks so much for posting this!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Halloween Profile Review