Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > suicide in our family      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 1
suicide in our familyPage 1 of 1    
We had a tragedy in our family today. My brother's girlfriend of almost 4 years committed suicide. I spent the evening at his place, he is there alone now. I never thought it would happen to us. Every day can be the last, let's treat each other with love.
 Danzo86
Msg: 2
view profile
History
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/5/2018 11:35:50 PM
The people we most love do become a physical part of us, ingrained in our synapses, in the pathways where memories are created, We can only hold onto them, R.I.P
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 3
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/6/2018 1:29:37 AM
Sorry for your family's loss, mahwahgirl. And thoughts to her loved ones as well.

Support your brother as best you can. You know he will need it.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/6/2018 9:52:47 AM
This is a very sad story and I am sorry for you and your brother. People assume there will be some kind of warning and beg to have the question answered why? The truth is most people that do actually commit suicide do not ask for help or give away any tells that they are having these suicidal thoughts.

My grandsons lost their Uncle Mike. He shot himself in the face with a rifle. All seemed well with him. We thought he was "happy go lucky". He always put on a great face. A friend of mine took an overdose of hydrocodone the whole bottle 90 pills the day after she picked up her prescription. I drove her to the pharmacy and we had lunch afterwards. A very fun time and she was jovial and seemed very happy. Her suicide was a shock as most are. I felt responsible for a long time.

The truth is no one knows what goes on in the heart and mind of a person that does this. We feel like we could have done something to prevent it and no one can. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. We can see this objectively but the person wanting to die can not .

God bless you and keep you during this very sad time. May he send a legion of angels to watch over you. Time does not heal all wounds but if you can give your brother some relief let him first know that none of it was his fault and it was not something he could have prevented or predicted.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 5
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/6/2018 11:39:31 AM
Amen. Yes, my brother is in rough shape.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 6
view profile
History
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/6/2018 4:43:20 PM

It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

To them it is permanent solution to a permanent problem because they can't think of a solution to the problem and as you said many don't seek help.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 7
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/6/2018 5:34:33 PM
mahwahgirl, Sending love to you and your family.
 hemingway234
Msg: 8
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/7/2018 6:13:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 9
view profile
History
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/7/2018 10:11:17 AM

suicide in our family
Message: We had a tragedy in our family today. My brother's girlfriend of almost 4 years committed suicide. I spent the evening at his place, he is there alone now. I never thought it would happen to us. Every day can be the last, let's treat each other with love.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Such a profound bewildering loss. Not the 'survivor's club' you ever want to join~

--------------------

How could you
We all loved you
Why could you not see
The sunny meadow beyond the trees~

R.I.P. Danny H.<<<
August 12, 1972
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 10
suicide in our family
Posted: 10/7/2018 8:28:53 PM
Thank you. My condolences to those who have lost their loved ones the same way. It is truly bewildering and tragic. It wasn't a crying for attention thing that would end up in the hospital... it was for real, off the bridge. She had just turned 29. Our house is full of her presents, including the slippers I'm wearing now.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > suicide in our family