Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Does she weigh to much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 twoish
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?Page 1 of 1    
I am curious, would you date a woman who weighed as much as you do?
And is it a big deal if she does "not" go to the gym?
I feel like a majority of men want a certain type, and to some degree I understand why. For one thing it makes it more difficult for your performance level. I get that you want someone who is healthy. And also I know that maybe the age of a woman matters. I don't know allot of older women who work out 5 days a week. Priorities are different at that age.
 grover14
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/8/2018 12:28:48 PM
It depends on her height. I'm 180, if she's 5-2" , that would be pretty heavy. In my profile, I state a few extra pounds is ok. Love women with curves in all the right places! I have a few extra pounds, so fair is fair.

I think most important is a woman's self esteem. Sometimes their extra weight can severely affect that.
 Invisiblewoman3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/8/2018 12:31:46 PM
You mean too much?

What about a lady on the thin side?
Or without a curvacious bust line?
Or a lady who exercises more than you do?
 PennyAnte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/8/2018 5:16:52 PM
Do you think you weigh to much? That is all that matters. After I survived a heart attack in October 2008 ten years ago on the 29th. I decided to drastically change my bad habits and lifestyle. I walk about 4 miles a day. I don't eat any red meat, rarely meat at all and I watch my weight. I feel healthy. I don't worry if men find my weight acceptable. I am very happy in my own skin.
 twoish
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/9/2018 3:48:56 PM
grover14 msg:2 "I think most important is a woman's self esteem."
Yes, I think you are very right on that, one thing that hurts a woman's self esteem is getting judged on her weight. I know someone who is over and another friend who is under weight, they both are somewhat judged. It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess.

PennyAnte msg:4 "Do you think you weigh to much?"
Yes, I probably do, altho I feel good at this weight so I don't know. I'm sure I could do allot better with the diet and exercise. I just find that at my age, I'm very comfortable. And I don't care about how men feel about my weight, so there's no incentive. But, congrad's on your success, I hope you remain getting good health results.
 ohenryx
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/9/2018 4:38:53 PM
This topic has been talked to death here in the forums. The sum of all of the wisdom contained in all of the different threads comes down to this:

Put up good pictures, full length pictures, showing the real you. Let your potential matches see exactly what they will be getting if they message you, meet you, date you, etc.

Ignore those who don't like what you bring to the table, concentrate on those who like YOU.
 Tech30
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/11/2018 7:28:30 AM
No thanks! Im 6 feet tall and go from 210 to 250 pounds depending on the time of year and whether or not im fighting.

I prefer smaller women. Thin who are active.
My fiance is 5'6 110 pounds and works out 3 or 4 days a week.

When we first met and would go out she would ask me why so many women are out of shape. She believes in maintaining good health.
 hemingway234
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/11/2018 8:10:50 AM
OP is 60. I think as we age, health and sometimes weight are going to be a problem anyway. And I would not worry so much about looks. So why worry about what you cannot change?
 whiterose0
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/11/2018 11:50:38 AM

OP is 60. I think as we age, health and sometimes weight are going to be a problem anyway. And I would not worry so much about looks. So why worry about what you cannot change?

Age can't be changed, so I see no point in worrying about that. However, weight can be changed. If extra weight is affecting your health adversely, then it's certainly cause for concern.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/11/2018 4:43:37 PM
Each man has his own ideas about what is a good weight for a woman.
I prefer thin women but some men like the more cuddly type.
 cooldog65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Does she weigh too much?
Posted: 10/12/2018 7:51:38 PM
It would depend on her height and how she carries her weight.
 nba24
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Does she weigh too much?
Posted: 10/13/2018 12:49:25 AM
Weight is important its not that I couldn't date some one that is over weight but there is a big difference between some one that is like 5 lbs over compared to some one that is like 100. I am about 30 lbs over weight my self and like average height for a guy. A average height women being the same weight has me would be like 70 lbs over big difference I would say than some one even being 30 over like me. I just dont find women that are way over weight to be attractive and really weight is the biggest thing any one can control to improve there looks.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/13/2018 4:05:46 AM
Size isn't a problem...personally I prefer a woman who has some meet on her bones and is not a skinny Minnie....as long as between the sheets she can hold her own.....in saying that I have been with women who think all they do is just lay there and wait for the guy to do what-ever....can't and won't do that...like a woman who shares those responsibilities and can take charge in what she likes and appreciates....on the other hand have dated those who had for lack of better terms a dull sex life during her marriage and don't have a clue...lol
 ssm508
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Does she weigh too much?
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:11:02 AM

It would depend on her height and how she carries her weight.

True although most women somewhat close to my weight would probably be one of the following. I'm not attracted women that are in group 1 or 2.

1. Obese
2. Look like hard core bodybuilders
3. Very tall
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Does she weigh too much?
Posted: 10/14/2018 6:32:08 AM
On a woman, it depends on where she carries it.

I've read where pear shaped women are more likely to have heart issues later in life. Mind you, it was just something I read, and I'm not interested in doing any research on that.

For me, it's all in how she carries it. Strange rolls in the midsection are not attractive to me. If the woman carries it all over, and still retains the fem shape, then extra pounds mean little to me. Of course, I'd have to see the "goods" first, in order to decide. I have dated women that weighed more than me, by the way.

Weight related health issues bother me. I've come across women that claim they only eat three times a day, and are overweight. What comes to my mind when they say that, is in what portion? Eat like a lumberjack, but don't do the work that they did, yes you will put the pounds on.

Most of the time, I eat until I'm not hungry anymore. I'm not full, so my guess is that my body is telling me that I had enough, and can go about my business with the fuel needed to get me to my next meal. Plenty of people tell me I don't eat enough to keep a bird alive. I think I do. Talk like that I ignore, you aren't me. I can feel plenty uncomfortable when eat too much.

So what is my current weight? 204, as of 5 minutes ago.( I was curious) On a 6' 3" frame, it's about right. I'm good at skipping meals if I'm not hungry, or too busy. I get by on two meals a day, most of the time. (By the way, I've missed lunch three times this past week, so one meal has been keeping me going just fine) Some can't bear to miss a meal, and it shows.
 nba24
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Does she weigh too much?
Posted: 10/15/2018 12:38:35 AM
While with the food thing and eating and being over weight it depends on several things. Genetics so people can just lose weight or not gain weight easier than other people. Also what kind of food are you eating. Are you eating 3 means a day but all unhealthy like fat/sugger type food or healthy food. Do you exercise or not. Also how over weight are we talking about? You talk about skipping means but I just cant do that my self. I am about 30 lbs overweight but I dont snack normally and I eat 3 means a day. I have the kind of genetics/metabolism where its not easy for me to lose weight. I can really try and eat healthy and in like a month of eating like no ice cream, pizza, fast food etc and I will only lose like 1 maybe 2 lbs and I wouldn't say I over eat because I only eat when I am hungry and I almost never fell like I ate to much with my stomic not felling good or something after words and ever ones apatite is different to though. Like you talk about skipping meals and even only eating 1 meal. For me if I either skip or eat a late meal I tend to binge than has I get to be so hungry that it takes a lot of food to get me to not fell hungry any more. That just means I end of eating more calories has a result. Like if I where to skip lunch it would take like 2 large pizza's to make me not fell hungry and that is no joke.
 Natey2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/23/2018 7:14:03 AM
Some tests:

1. Can the guy comfortably wrap his arms around her? (This will depend on how big the guy is relative to her too)

2. Are any common sexual positions compromised as a result of weight? Not talking about some Kamasutra positions only an acrobat or gymnast can safely perform, lol.

Opinions above are my own. Your personal mileage may differ.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/29/2018 9:34:52 AM

I am curious, would you date a woman who weighed as much as you do?
And is it a big deal if she does "not" go to the gym?

You don't need to go to a gym and work out 1-2 hours 5 days a week to have a reasonable weight. It's more about what you Eat/Consume. It should put a 'ding' in one's esteem as a motivator to change their comfort-zone. Most of us have our vices, but we need to compensate.

A guy's not going to care how much she Weighs compared to him on a scale, but her body structure. It's something she should care about, too. And he about his. One can't be stuffing themselves with pot pies & twinkies over 30 and expect to attract the opposite sex much... nor think "Well, this is just me and this is how I am."
 BuretoDesu
Msg: 19
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/30/2018 11:59:14 AM
I would not date a woman who weighed as much as I do.
It's okay if she doesn't go to the gym.

Everyone has different priorities.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 10/31/2018 1:25:21 AM
My gf probably weighs as much as me if not more, I don't care, we have never compared weights
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Does she weigh to much?
Posted: 11/5/2018 6:03:53 AM

When we first met and would go out she would ask me why so many women are out of shape.

LOL, a pressing world issue.

she believes in maintaining good health.

People do drop dead "healthy."
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Does she weigh to much?