Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > The Word Perfect & Perfection      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Danzo86
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The Word Perfect & PerfectionPage 1 of 1    
The idea of Perfection, Perfect?.. are these words realistic, When perfect is a state of mind, A notion that you can't add or remove something that is perfect, but in life we are constantly adding and removing to everything, Perfect to each person is not perfect, The idea of it is, So should the use of the word perfect, Even be relevant, Some words have double meanings, But you can't put perfect in a box, The box is changing the environment around the box is changing, The word changes as we change it's meaning changes to us, and the idea of it, Perhaps it is just a changing idealism.

Just think it can tie into this site really, I understand people are looking for that perfect person but do they know what perfect really means, It's a unrealistic thing, I see many women with a likes and dislike list pretty long list, i think these people will really struggle in life to get what they are looking for, not really judging each person who has them i just feel they are setting out list's already that could be very off putting to someone even if they tick them you will be thinking this is just the start of these lists, i don't think you should live life with checklists all the time but i fear people are less open minded these days and set themself up for relationship failure before it even starts.

Very open minded person myself so will listen to other peoples views on this, And hey you could even change my mind on something.
 Chastirin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Word Perfect & Perfection
Posted: 10/10/2018 1:49:03 PM
Lists help weed people out. A guy with 'a list' in his profile messaged me recently...well I tend to steer clear of these types anyway as I would be anxious about living up to their standards. So I picked out something from his dislikes list and said I did that. Phew, easy rejection.

I don't think perfect exists. You've got to have something to moan at, I mean laugh with them about ;)
 Danzo86
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 6:40:54 AM
I hate lists, I feel like lists hold people back, Likes and dislikes are great to have we all have them right but they could actually write them into their profile in sentences, As for the word perfect i cant understand why it is even a word to be honest with you, everything is changing constantly, I am a free thinking open minded person though i'm even open to like my dislikes if someone could sway me.
 lnitia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 9:41:32 PM
perfect serves a purpose in technical terms {language"perfect tenses" etc..-temperatures,soil,water, agriculture, homeostasis, medical terminology, mechanical, construction, architecture, automotive, sanitation, military, music, (only art that can necessitate perfect technical production)} hence, the word serves great purpose in these venues.
However, i agree totally that it does not transfer well to human relationship dynamics or expectations-often why many say "right one" or "one and only" "my only" "best friend" "friends first" "good conversation" etc basically indicating an awareness that perfect isn't needed/or a requirement for permanent committed or any other type of relationship...We can exclude fabulous while looking for perfect. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > The Word Perfect & Perfection