Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is there a new pof out there?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chrono34
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is there a new pof out there?Page 1 of 1    
Ive been on pof a very long time. Seems with bots weman dont really use pof anymore. Most if not all my sent mail never sees a reply. I try to write decent responses to profiles but I get nothing. Where are they going? Is there a new pof out there im not aware of?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is there a new pof out there?
Posted: 10/10/2018 11:26:46 AM

Ive been on pof a very long time.

Is there a new pof out there im not aware of?

No, it's the same POF, but it has gone seriously downhill from the glory days of years past.

Mainly due to the poor attitudes and poor decisions of so many members of the site, and online dating sites in general at the current time.
 hemingway234
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 1:42:16 PM
It's not that there is a new pof, it's just that there are too many competing, dating sites, people are spread out all over the place.

Plus, there are a lot of creepers and scammers that scare some women away from the sites.

and this week, this site pages, many don't load for me or are real slow, or I have to click "refresh", so the website is broken or I need to try another browser, not sure which. But if it's slow for everybody, I might have to find a new dating site if I date again.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 4:39:42 PM
Not that I've seen.

As dating sites go, what you see here will probably be the same all over. I might say that the women have gotten picky, but so have we men. I think, that women expect more out of us. There's a lot of assumed ideas that women want to see in men. Since I don't want to give up on my interests just to date, that pretty much shoots my chances right there. Some seem to dangle that sexual carrot in front of men. That isn't a sales point for me. Throw a bunch of extra weight on them, and my interest goes completely out the window.

One thing's for certain, they aren't here. And I've figured out how to keep myself occupied with other things.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 4:02:43 AM
Tinder seems to have the most activity. POF still has some new users who don't seem like bots, but their profiles tend to be sparse and most don't seem like they're seriously looking for a relationship.

Noticed a couple of "new" things in advanced search, probably been there for years. There's a "self confidence" field. Didn't see a self confidence field in the edit profile section, perhaps POF guesses our self confidence from the chemistry test? Ditto for a "family orientation" field. Also saw checkboxes for a few profession types in the profession section in advanced search. Again, didn't see anything in edit profile. Perhaps you have to type the exact string to show up, for example "blue collar", "business owner". I just leave those fields blank in the search to include "everyone".
 ssm508
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 3:02:57 PM
I'm not aware of a new POF. But I never felt POF was that good to begin with. The things people complain about now are largely the same things people complain about 5 or 10 years ago. Not getting replies to emails, people that are just looking for sex, people that are looking for an ego boost or a chat/text buddy, people that are flakes, liars, cheaters etc. That being said, I agree there is more competition from Tinder, Bumble etc that didn't exist 10 years.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is there a new pof out there?