Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Men losing interest?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Men losing interest?Page 1 of 1    
It seems to me like all the decent men in my age range just aren't interested (jerks and bad boys however are ALWAYS interested). How common is this? Is there some secret agreement among middle aged men to take themselves off the market? Because it sure feels that way sometimes.
 grover14
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/17/2018 5:51:00 AM
Well, I'm a little more than middle aged, but I know what you're saying. Probably like me, men have had a few bad relationships, and have trust issues. Although I definitely miss the companionship and being in love, I'm very cautious about dating. I have a great life and would not mind being alone rather than get into another bad relationship. Get I'm still looking and hoping I can find a great gal.
 Tech30
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/17/2018 6:45:44 AM
Its your profile.... It will instantly turn away most men.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/17/2018 7:04:50 AM

would not mind being alone rather than get into another bad relationship.
probably a common theme on both sides. as a young man, I relied on my wife as she did on me, several failed relationships later, they all relied on me $$ but never returned the favor. at 54, I lean on no one and do it all myself. I have little to gain and plenty to lose so skeptical about anyone bringing in more than a change of clothes. I have found women of my age that have a job, home and everything they need have no interest in me. the O.P. is likely being passed by because of stereotypes and might do better to message first. myself, I would of passed over the profile but if she messaged first, I would pursue more.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/17/2018 8:31:37 AM
I agree with Tech. Your profile would be an immediate turn-off for most men.
 Darwin1971
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/17/2018 9:43:39 PM
longest relationship 1 year
A- sexual
looking for a long term. marriage?

So you are wondering where all the decent men are? Well figure they are not looking for a friend or a sex less marriage.
1 year relationship I have had fish longer than that. Take it that is how long it took for the men in your life to figure out you only put out because you are expected to do it rather than you like to do it? Decent men want to be wanted for things other then a cash cow or a life style provider and your looks well they only go so far.

It is good that you have figured out what makes you tick or not tick in this case.

Now you can call me all kinds of nasty names but I don't think I am telling you nothing that you didn't already know.

Best of luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.
 hemingway234
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:12:21 AM
Asexual is going to mean a very small dating pool for you. Try an asexual dating site, or an asexual group. Good luck to you.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/18/2018 11:33:05 AM
Your profile does indeed scream unavailability and for most sane men outright undesirability. The whole point of a website like this is the ability to make direct, personal contact. Whether we're 20 or 80 the vast majority of us don't want to be told we need to go on a scavenger hunt or that you are averse to sexual relations. I think Hemingway's suggestion is the best one you're going to get if you're not willing to embrace the actual purpose of the site.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/18/2018 7:09:57 PM
There is no secret. The movement is called MGTOW. "Men going their own way". Look it up. It's a philosophy about how to engage with woman and most sound like misogynists, others are trying to give men a fair warning against the cons of intimacy and marriage.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/18/2018 10:05:52 PM

There is no secret. The movement is called MGTOW. "Men going their own way". Look it up. It's a philosophy about how to engage with woman and most sound like misogynists, others are trying to give men a fair warning against the cons of intimacy and marriage.

Cassie Jay - The Red Pill Documentary. It gives some insight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdwkOY_zhg
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/19/2018 4:45:03 AM
Decent men tend not to like smokers.

Asexual. They might assume you won't want to have sex ever. Some people might ask if you're willing to have sex even though you don't feel attracted to the other person. Letting your partner do you, lying on your back waiting for it to be over? If any guy cares whether she enjoys it, he might avoid getting involved with someone who doesn't get any enjoyment.

Decent guys / nice guys will take your asexual claim at face value. Players are likely to doubt claims by a woman she's not interested in sex. Many profiles claim "I'm not here for sex", and players know she's probably easy. I remember a weird poster in these forums, Aradia, who claimed she was demisexual (only interested if in a relationship, in love), then she eventually made posts indicating she was open to casual sex with strangers.

If I saw a girl in a Fiat wearing clothes she made by herself, I would think she's great if she didn't smoke. Making your own clothes is one of my favorite qualities, and the smaller the engine the better (women who drive big SUVs or vans probably want to have many kids, and women with big engines might be trying to compensate for Freudian envy).
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/19/2018 6:13:22 AM
Hmm... seems very closed-minded to think sex is the only real pleasure in life. I actually feel kind of sorry for people who believe that.

It's not like I smoke ALL THE TIME... sometimes I'll go 2 or 3 weeks without and then just have one. Then another couple of weeks without.
 2ufo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/19/2018 10:56:41 AM
Good sex is one of the nicest pleasure in life.
Before or after all those other activities.
It seems arrogant to me to feel sorry for someone who makes different choices and has different priorities than yourself

As stated above, your profile does not make you an easily-relatable person.
I think it's less about the occasional smoking than about the asexuality.
You might try re-writing that to explain better - it was confusing - but I don't think that will help in any meaningful way.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/19/2018 11:49:27 AM
What is pleasurable is sex with someone for ten years. Deeply intimate long term romantic and loving sex. Most men here are searching for that. Others maybe on a rebound searching to play around aren't looking for that. They are looking for casual and woman do that too.
Casual sex does not compare to the intimacy built over a long period of time.
Since most men I believe want to pair bond, enjoyed living that life and someone to be his wife and have all the creature comforts including sex. Sex as a normal mutual desire. No body wants to date me to play Canasta.
If you are A-sexual you should perhaps not be here looking for any kind of a relationship except friends and you should state that elaborately on your profile. To lead someone to believe that they want romance and love making with you would be cruel. Be upfront. Don't "c*ck tease" at all. Some men may not take that to kindly.
Perhaps you should not be here at all because most are looking to date not for a platonic relationship. Why don't you search out other "meet me" type forums or sites or clubs? I think you would do better there. If your having bad luck doing what your doing , change what your doing.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/19/2018 5:01:43 PM
We took ourselves off the market because responses were so few and far.

Just for a minute, put yourself in our position. Write dozens of messages, and get zero replies. What are we doing wrong? We don't know. We could guess all day long, and still be wrong. Maybe, just maybe, one might reply just to help us along. But, I'm not going to stand on one foot waiting for that to EVER happen. Rather than waste weeks, months, or years for that to happen, we just say the heck with it, and go search for alternative interests.

I yelled uncle long ago.
 ohenryx
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/20/2018 11:39:49 AM
It isn’t a matter of “Men losing interest?”

It’s a matter of men NEVER having had the slightest interest in asexual women. Period. Full stop. End of story. Nothing else to say. Ever.

Messages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be posted
 spot4username
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/20/2018 12:54:40 PM
Your profile would make me click next in record speed.
 whiterose0
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/21/2018 9:11:41 AM
I think this is a troll post.

The OP is complaining that men aren't interested in her, yet she has a profile that screams "GO AWAY!"
 ssm508
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/21/2018 2:48:24 PM
I agree that many men won't be interested at all because of the profile. Other men won't be interested in serious relationship with her. But might be looking for sex despite what is mentioned on the profile.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/23/2018 12:13:55 PM
She makes the same complaint every couple of years and gets the same responses on here because she doesn't change anything in her profile.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Men losing interest?
Posted: 10/23/2018 12:14:25 PM
And we're done here.

Until the next time.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Men losing interest?