Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > POF is Sexist against Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bearcat44
Msg: 1
POF is Sexist against MenPage 1 of 1    
Has anyone else noticed this? If you report a FEMALE for any sort of violation, POF completely ignores it.

If a female reports you, they threaten or ban you.

I cut and pasted at least four very insulting and abusive messages from one specific user,
but there it is, her profile is still up!

From my profile:

"I won't waste your time. I hope you won't waste mine.
I got into a conversation with a woman on here, and then she suddenly
said we were a "bad match" because she "loves Jesus".

Nothing wrong with that at all. I don't care if she is a psychotic religious
nut, but her profile didn't mention that.

I suggested she add that into her profile, since it was so important to her.

She wrote back and said, "that's a good idea"!

I checked back a couple weeks later to see how the changes to her profile were going.....and she got all offended and called me "arrogant'.

so......if you're batsh*tcrazy like that witch, please say so on your profile so I wont' contact you."

This was followed with MANY more insults from this woman, whom I did not name.

No wonder these women are single. They're entitled, and blind to the fact that they're used up .
 Spectrallight
Msg: 2
POF is Sexist against Men
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:21:52 PM
Women = men visiting. Simple. Bit like a nightclub letting under age girls in because more women equals more men spending. Men are expendable. We always have been :)
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 7:18:09 PM
It's a good thing thing you didn't use the term witch
or psychotic in your complaint.They could have easily
misconstrued that as something you called her.
Great thinking!
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/18/2018 8:27:00 PM
OP, you're a PhD so you're smart. Why did you decide to stalk this lady's profile after she correctly concluded that you two were not a match and politely said goodbye? Are you her profile's keeper? You may want to focus on yours. Leave her alone, leave Jesus alone, leave other people's beliefs, and POF profiles, alone. If you instructed me how to write my profile you'd hear a few things from me too, I don't like random people telling me what to do. Good luck OP.
 bearcat44
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/19/2018 8:48:32 AM
Posted: 10/18/2018 652 PM
Women = men visiting. Simple. Bit like a nightclub letting under age girls in because more women equals more men spending. Men are expendable. We always have been :)

Well, spectralight, isn't it high time we put a STOP to that bull s*it?

I cannot be the only man fed up with entitled witches and religious a holes.
 bearcat44
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/19/2018 8:52:32 AM
I did not stalk the WITCH profile. She is no lady.

She did NOT politely say goodbye, she RUDELY and STUPIDLY said we were 'not a good match' based upon
information that she does NOT GIVE on her profile.

She WASTED my time talking with me. She could not be bothered to actually READ my profile.
I read hers quite CAREFULLY before speaking with her.

If YOU had read CAREFULLY you would see that I did not TELL her anything. I simply SUGGESTED, when really
I should have called her a loser for wasting my time in the first place.

I do not attack Jesus. There is no need to attack fictional fantasy cartoons lying pure bull crap nonsense like them.
I made no attacks. The attacks were made upon ME. That is a pure FACT.

IF IF IF she had been HONEST and not a piece of sh*t arrogant c*nt, she would have
identified herself as a delusional religious fanatic in her profile.

I POLITELY suggested that she might get better responses IF she added that condition to her profile.

In response, I got INSULTS AND ABUSE in violation of the POF Terms of Service, which they of course
did not enforce, because the site is SEXIST AGAINST MEN
 bearcat44
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/19/2018 9:03:11 AM
mahwahgirl339114 Divorced and lazy. What a surprise.
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/19/2018 9:07:05 AM
LOL! oh, honey, the site is not sexist against men, it's you. Instead of complaining ad infinitim, why not delete your sham account and stop wasting your precious time? Seriously, instead of ranting like a rabid animal, walk away with whatever tiny shred of dignity you may have left.

I realize that I am responding to an obvious troll post but it's just exactly this type of thing that makes it difficult for the genuine guys here.
 bearcat44
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/19/2018 9:19:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU

Forums_only is a FRAUD profile, pure TROLL

Another entitled C*NT that thinks it is okay for HER to complain and criticize,
but when MEN speak out, she gets her panties in a twist.

In fact, if you look at her profile she actually ADMITS that the only reason she is on POF is to
waste your time and try to put you down as a man!

This is the reason things are bad, men. We need to shut down these C*UNTS for good, once and for all.

Forums_only
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/19/2018 10:35:19 AM
Wrong. Laughable and wrong. Delusional, laughable and wrong. Vulgar, delusional, laughable and wrong.

You really hate women, eh? I don't know who damaged you that bad but you need real and prolonged psychological help, man. Seriously.
 whiterose0
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/19/2018 11:32:49 AM

She did NOT politely say goodbye, she RUDELY and STUPIDLY said we were 'not a good match' based upon
information that she does NOT GIVE on her profile.

Nobody is required to put the reasons in their profile why they don't think someone is a good match for them. There was another recent thread where a man who was Muslim thought women should put in their profile that they wouldn't date men of certain religions or races.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16694144.aspx

Many women responded to him and gave him the reasons why they didn't think this was a good idea - namely because it set them up for being insulted and cross-examined by the men. I think the way you reacted to this woman is a perfect example of the type of verbal abuse women want to avoid.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/19/2018 11:48:12 AM
OP if I were lazy I wouldn't be making my salary. My profile is hidden and inactive, largely because I hope to avoid men like you, attractive on the outside but negative on the inside. Life is too short for other people's negativity.
 whiterose0
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/19/2018 12:29:07 PM

My profile is hidden and inactive, largely because I hope to avoid men like you, attractive on the outside but negative on the inside.

Mahwahgirl, you're being too kind.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:00:41 PM

There was another recent thread where a man who was Muslim thought women should put in their profile that they wouldn't date men of certain religions or races.
the thought has crossed my mind that he may actually be the same person. at least l.h. tried to have a discussion before spamming every thread. this guy as posted links on dozens of threads without any comments. when I asked him about it, his response was in concern of my penis!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:25:24 PM
Dude - it's a profile on a dating site, not a blog. Nobody is going to heed that much gobbledeygook no matter how poignant or brilliant you may think it is.

Book smarts has never equaled social intelligence. A complaint in this forum is not the same as a full page ad in a nationwide newspaper.

Lesson ONE - learn to be humble. Your opinion matters about as much as mine does, which is only slightly more than the goldfish on the desk in the office next to me.

Lesson TWO - Any complaint, compliment or critique about ANY person in here can (and will) be taken as a personal offense. Because the context of the reader will not match the context of the writer. And the context of the reader is all that really matters.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Sexist man whines about being reported. No wonder WHY!
Posted: 10/19/2018 2:28:55 PM

Another entitled C*NT that thinks it is okay for HER to complain and criticize,
but when MEN speak out, she gets her panties in a twist.

Go away.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 4:29:19 PM
First, you're posting in the wrong section. You should have searched (via Google because the forum search feature isn't particularly good) and found an existing thread. There are probably some in Site Suggestions about POF treating people differently based on gender. It figures a PhD wouldn't be able to comprehend the simple task of determining the best section for a post. Countless posters with just a high school education make all their posts in the proper places.

The main gender difference of which I'm aware is the ability to attach private images. Apparently women can but men cannot. I can use that as an additional reason to take communication away from POF messages to texting, where I can send her my G rated photos of my dog or my garden. With communication away from POF, they make less ad revenue. Shrug.

Forums Only was a she and she's gone. Perhaps the site terminated her account because of her recent inappropriate posts (she also has been known to send people harassing emails. She send me unsolicited emails both as "You Go First" and as "Forums Only". I blocked her both times, not even reading the message from "Forums Only". If she's indeed terminated, it shows your original point may not completely true.

Because this is profile reviews, did you know you pasted the same Alice Cooper lyrics *twice* into your About Me?

Posting in your profile that you don't want your time wasted probably won't help keep away time wasters.

Claiming you're not a time waster won't help them think you're not a time waster. In fact, the opposite is more likely, as you put the seed into their head. This goes for most "I'm not …" claims in profiles. Use positive wording. Show what you are instead of claiming you're not something.

Added: seeing how you've spammed the same links on dozens of threads, it's a surprise they haven't terminated your account yet. By your own claim, you must be female?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/19/2018 5:28:10 PM
Whiterose, I have a weakness for attractive men with advanced degrees. I guess this op will be an exception.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 2:47:46 AM
bearcat44, single, isn't seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment
And
55 years old, longest relationship 5 years.

That ought to keep the most desirable women away. But you can't really change yourself, so, there you are, in all your frustrated glory.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 5:51:14 AM
OP your main pic comes off mean looking and angry. The song lyrics posted smack of just another nice guy gone bad due to nasty women. Don't think you'll get a whole lot of bites here with bait like that~
 whiterose0
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/21/2018 8:25:18 AM

OP your main pic comes off mean looking and angry.

I think he currently looks more like his second pic, and should use it, instead.

The main one appears to be old and out of focus.
 Kevin116
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/22/2018 10:38:10 PM
yes but they love to do it. lol POF is hell on Men lol
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > POF is Sexist against Men