Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Invasion of the Hexadecimal women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Natey2
Msg: 1
Invasion of the Hexadecimal womenPage 1 of 1    
[B]Hexadecimal women[/B]

Who are they? They invade POF on the weekends in large numbers and favorite guys like me.
They usually have an underscore _ character in their name, and their profile name always ends with 4 hexadecimal digits.
These look like computer generated accounts.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Invasion of the Hexadecimal women
Posted: 10/22/2018 2:28:02 PM

These look like computer generated accounts.

Eureka! You figured it out. Geeeeeeenious!

But, sorry to all those conspiracy nuts who want to blame the POF mothership for their online problems - but these fake accounts are the works of spammers and con artists, not POF itself. If you bother to entertain a conversation with one of these fakes online, you quickly realize all they want to do is glean your personal information - email account or phone number - which usually means drawing you OFF the POF site as soon as possible and communicate with the Cons directly.

POF has absolutely no reason to pull you off their site -- they want you online searching, so your participation feeds their click dollars.

POF has search and destroy algorithms set up to find these phonies, but since it is a free site, it is free to create any account - they can only REACT after the creation to the fishy actions taken by certain accounts, and block the URL's at their source - which means a phony can get online and try to reach out for maybe an hour or two before the ban hammer strikes. Most any account in here with a weird name or photos that just don't fit - a good rule of thumb is wait an hour, and see if they disappear. Time heals all wounds, and wounds all heels - unless you are the President.
 Natey2
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/22/2018 5:48:40 PM

POF has absolutely no reason to pull you off their site

Unless they want an additional membership...
The parent company of POF also owns Match, Tinder and .
And Match has subsidiary dating sites like SingleParentsMeet, I think.

The Hexadecimal women offer different URLs, but they all go to 1 of 2 raunchy sites.
How do you know those are not owned by the parent company Match (based out of Dallas, TX) or one of its subsidiaries?
 WCM4U
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/23/2019 4:56:45 AM
you'd think it would be easy to block auto generated profiles...maybe with a capture image identification or answering a simple question
or block any ip's that are run through a Vpn. I think it is a lot easier to block all the fakes unless the site is mass producing them...some of the spammed sites all ya have to do is register for free and the affiliate makes 1$

and we know this site is full of beta cuck males who are so pathetic and desperate that they would believe some super model looking babe is actually talking to them even the replies have NOTHING to do with what they say and direct them to a website or phone # within 2 messages lol

I 100% would not be surprised if POF was behind the fakes. now there are the 2 name fakes like "Jenny_Michelle" then some copy paste foreign looking bio that is incomplete sentences and makes no sense.
it's terrible...i did a search within 75 miles of my zip and on page 1 8 of 15 profiles were FAKE... probably a few more were fake also but just not auto generated.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 7:45:29 PM

I did a search within 75 miles of my zip and on page 1 8 of 15 profiles were FAKE... probably a few more were fake also but just not auto generated.

The fakes hit the POF airwaves in groups. Hard to say exactly how many pop up at one time, but I'd venture to say 12-15 in a specific city at one time isn't too much of a stretch. It's not every hour 24/7, but these groups of auto/fake profiles may pop up in groups a few times a day. Like I said before, wait an hour or so and see if they are still there.

I have noticed a few profile pics re-appearing again after several months, but it's pretty rare, and since the amount of photos that can be stolen/borrowed from social media profiles off the internet is nearly infinite, I don't think using optical search scans is really effective to police this kind of thing.

Using those human-verification things like CAPTCHA and being told to find all the road signs or fire hydrants would probably cut down the auto script spamming, but how many people would want to do that every single time they open the App? People have absolutely Zero patience - even if it for their own safety. There are still idiots who drive with no seat belts, even though there is about half a century of data proving it's the smart thing to do. Changing the masses is a helluva lot harder than changing your own tolerances.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Invasion of the Hexadecimal women