Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Take new woman to POF event?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Natey2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Take new woman to POF event?Page 1 of 1    
A woman I've never communicated with writes to me and wants me to take her to a local POF event.
Should I? If you were a guy, would you?

I've always preferred to text/chat, talk, then meet.

(What's with this 200-letter minimum requirement to post here anyway?)
 PennyAnte
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Take new woman to POF event?
Posted: 10/23/2018 1:49:32 PM
" I've always preferred to text/chat, talk, then meet."

Do what you prefer then.

About 8 years ago there was a local story about a woman that had 6 buried bodies in her garden. Apparently all men that she had met on dating sites. Myspace was mentioned.

I think men need to keep themselves safe here too. I would not go to pick up a stranger/man for any event. It's okay to have your own preferences here or rules to go by for dating.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 3:50:15 PM
what would be the difference if you went alone and met her there? would you run away and not talk? exchange numbers and then run outside so you could text her? I would just go, meet her, talk and either walk away or take her home.
 Natey2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 5:37:42 PM
With texting, there's less of a commitment.
And you can find out if you want to talk or meet.
Once you meet before any other form of communication, it's just a little more difficult to leave.

And it didn't sound like she wanted to go there by herself and meet me there.

And thanks for the info, PennyAnte.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 5:48:16 PM

A woman I've never communicated with writes to me and wants me to take her to a local POF event.
Should I? If you were a guy, would you?

That depends.
Is this event in a dark alley in a seedy part of town?
If yes, I would pass.
If not, I would probably be OK with it.(Unless she looked like Quasimodo)

Once you meet before any other form of communication, it's just a little more difficult to leave.

There's always the fake stomachache excuse.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 6:30:29 PM
a pof event is to meet people. if it was a date, that would be the last place I would go. I had assumed she would meet you there. maybe she just needed a ride and had other intentions once she got there. take her to a motel instead. if it doesn't work out, go out for a 6 pack and forget to come back!
 ssm508
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 6:47:29 AM
The only way I would take a woman to a POF event is when we had a platonic relationship and I had no interest in possibly dating her. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. There might be too much competition. She could easily start talking to other men that she finds more attractive and ignore a man that she went with.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 7:33:00 AM
She worded it she wants you to take her? No way! She probably expects you to pay the cover charge and for her drinks. Others already pointed out dangers of you driving her.

For me to agree, it would have to be an event I would enjoy attending. She and I would have already met. If she's there with me, she would be my wingwoman, bait to get noticed by other women. If she wanted me, she wouldn't want to attend the "singles" event. I wouldn't spend any money on her. She should pay for my drinks or appetizers. Being with me would protect her from some possible unwanted attention from other men, and she could step in if a woman I didn't like was pestering me. The main reason for me to drive her would be if she drank alcohol at the event and I was her designated driver (the drinks she bought for me would be non alcoholic).

POF events are nearly a ghost town in my area. The first page goes back years, literally.
 Natey2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2018 7:16:04 AM

POF events are nearly a ghost town in my area.

The local POF events seem to be popular here.
Check it out under California/California Singles Events/San Diego Halloween Costume Party.
Posting is at http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16734073.aspx
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Take new woman to POF event?