Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 1
view profile
History
migrant caravanPage 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
what do you guys think of it?

will they be turned away by our border agencies or military?
will a percentage sneak across?
should they be allowed in?
Is this just a protest or political stunt?

I'm all for legal immigration.
I'm all for harsh penalties for people who break the law....
especially ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

We have ways to come here legally.
This caravan seems to me, to be a stunt to pressure us
into relaxing or changing our laws to suit foreigners.

care to discuss?
 Rumours
Msg: 2
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 9:43:22 AM
I think it's gotten out of hand. I agree, not all should be allowed in and vetting should be done with all....as it always has.
Although, immigrants have always made this trip and it usually peters out in numbers...the rhetoric that Trump insists on shouting and the fear mongering....hasn't helped any. If anything, it's probably increased the numbers.
By the way....It's been proven the majority of immigrants that stay in the country illegally...came with a passport(flew in) and didn't leave.

Why doesn't he change the law..... to prevent this from happening at the border?
His way of being a leader by fear mongering, name calling and passing the buck.... only divides and adds to the toxicity of your country. It only brings out all the nutbars of the country.....many are not level headed and of sound mind.
Only been 2 years....wowzers
 back_again4917
Msg: 3
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 9:46:00 AM

This caravan seems to me, to be a stunt to pressure us into relaxing or changing our laws to suit foreigners.

I’m curious, who would, or do, you accuse of organizing this “stunt”? In order for it to be a stunt somebody would need to be organizing it. And if it is being organized then someone in the media would be laying blame to…?? Or are you perpetuating Trump’s hypotheses’ that it is a Middle Eastern/Islamic plot to get terrorist into the US?
 backcreek7
Msg: 4
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 9:50:10 AM

^^^ h*ell no ! ^^^

... Since Mexico won't be able too ( or choose not to ) stop them, I think they should expand Tijuana into two cities. These being > Tijuana & Tiwant-to ...

... Although I feel sad, that so many countries in our world are in horrible shape ~ WE cannot solve THEIR problems. It must occur from within each foreign state. In addition, not only should large groups not be able to enter ~ ALL INDIVIDUALS should have to apply legally & go through ALL the steps previously needed, before citizenship is granted !

... In addition, in my op ~ only a fool or fools, would create a sanctuary city or state ... < this borders on the idiotic, so if the shoe fits, you may wear it, col.

heart / sun
 Seamist474
Msg: 5
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 10:14:32 AM
"I’m curious, who would, or do, you accuse of organizing this “stunt”? In order for it to be a stunt somebody would need to be organizing it. And if it is being organized then someone in the media would be laying blame to…?? Or are you perpetuating Trump’s hypotheses’ that it is a Middle Eastern/Islamic plot to get terrorist into the US?"

Only a fool or the uneducated would believe the B.S. being spewed by Comb-over Caligula.

"Although I feel sad, that so many countries in our world are in horrible shape ~ WE cannot solve THEIR problems. It must occur from within each foreign state."

Many, if not most, of the dire situations in areas like this have been caused by the U.S. or decisions made by the U.S. And if you want to keep people fleeing starvation and lack of jobs, you don't take away funding, you increase it. A concept of thinking, a concept sorely lacking in this SCOTUS. He can't think.

This SCROTUS will ignore Russia and the Saudis but will cage children and bring in the military or build a wall. Comb-over Caligula can't even keep his own lies straight FFS.

Maybe instead of SCROTUS trying to figure out how he can kill as many as he can without looking bad, or how many more children he can cage, he should think of ways to keep these people in their own country. Maybe work with the leaders of these countries and make a plan, a real plan. The Republicants seem a Party of low thinkers, fake christians and just mean/ignorant people, IMHO.
 Seamist474
Msg: 6
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 12:18:48 PM
"This caravan seems to me, to be a stunt to pressure us
into relaxing or changing our laws to suit foreigners."

I'm thinking that this caravan, if supported by money, is being funded by Republican supporters or Koch Bros. so that this gives Comb-over Caligula and his uneducated and inbred base something to rally against, rile them up, get more support, get them out to vote. I have read much on how this caravan is supported by Soros or the Dems - this has Republicant written all over it. I'm thinking the same with the pipe bombs found today and this week - when you rile the base with hate, lies, misinformation, anti immigrant rhetoric, scare tactics and fear mongering like Trump is doing daily, this is what you get. Elect a clown, expect the circus. The circus is in town.

If "they" can make up shit - so can I.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 7
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 12:29:04 PM
I guess we should have closed our borders in Canada to the draft dodgers who either didn't believe in the war(s) that the U.S. participated in and helped to perpetuate or who were too afraid of getting killed (comprised of approximately 90% of all dodgers and approximately 1,000 deserters re Vietnam alone: https://www.politico.com/story/2008/01/carter-pardons-draft-dodgers-jan-21-1977-007974). It's really interesting that the man who never had to fear for his life either through war or because he lived such a life of privilege is the one heading the charge of wanting to deny vetted entry to refugees (not simple immigrants). Then again, what do you expect of a proudly proclaimed (white) Nationalist fear monger.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 8
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 4:14:35 PM
From what I've heard many of these folks are simply seeking refuge from repressive conditions in their countries of origin..

Many of said "Illegal immigrants, REFUGE seekers... And, whoever else is in this caravan"... Will eventually make it to our southern border.

I hope, that when this happens the proper screening process is applied to all. Equally.... And, that no children are separated from their parents. And, that all of these PEOPLE are treated fairly, and humanely.

As far as I am concerned this is who we are. I don't want to devolve into what these folks may be fleeing. It's just another point of view on my part.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 9
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 4:19:53 PM
"I guess we should have closed our borders in Canada" seems an easy solution would be to just send them all to Canada!
 Noftheborder
Msg: 10
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 4:41:31 PM
Yes, we need to rescind the safe third country agreement and take some in like we did in the 80s (60,000) because your country is no longer deemed a safe country.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 11
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:02:15 PM
depending on which source, we have 12-22 MILLION in our country! 60,000 isn't worth mentioning! can I just walk into Canada and start a new life without going threw proper channels?
 Noftheborder
Msg: 12
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/24/2018 6:07:11 PM
Here’s some education on the actual numbers and how they’re compiled. Also note what defines the processes involved with respect to immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers, and where they’ve been coming from. BOO!
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 13
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 7:34:23 AM
this isn't the first caravan, they do this when the weather is likely to kill them in the desert. If the Border Patrol stops them all, that's a lot of OT to pay for--the rich will have to return their tax cut, oh my! as for letting them in, one of the things that helped the american economy was the Baby Boomers bought a lot. as they die off, who's going to take up that slack while paying into the SS fund? we're not increasing our birth rate, so we might as well accept some future consumers. If texas gets nailed with storms like the Carolinas and Florida, betcha they're going to want some hammer-swingers their insurance is willing to pay for. as for displacing jobs, the uneducated ones only take the jobs an employee doesn't need to speak english for, allowing those "real americans" to get customer-service, sales, and other higher paying jobs. of course, right now chump keeps telling us unemployment is at record lows, so why do we have to worry? no one can go on the dole without a SS number. and the Republicants LOVE a deficit so long as it isn't one by the dems.

Besides, the first lady is a migrant who overstayed her visa and "chain migrated" her folks in. Maybe Chump can go shopping for Mistress-to-Marry #4...and speaking of his "leadership" on issues, how about the pullback from the nuclear missile treaty? now russia can do what it wants, and sell it to north korea or iran. hopefully the manchurian candidate recieves a Christmas bonus for all the good work he's doing.
 Rumours
Msg: 14
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 7:59:35 AM
Anarchy....It's not like people were not warned about this nutbar...Trump.
Sure....didn't take long for Trumps phoney speech to turn into a blame game and his typical rhetoric of targets.
Way to pull the people together...what a leader!

Looks like you all won't stop until there are "more" killings.
What a f-up.....America has become under this guy.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 8:02:36 AM

as for displacing jobs, the uneducated ones only take the jobs an employee doesn't need to speak english for, allowing those "real americans" to get customer-service, sales, and other higher paying jobs. of course
the 'real Americans' are the ones paying into s.s. and taxes! how would you feel if almost every job in your field or any you may want to pursue has been taken by illegals at half the pay? would you consider it 'allowing you to pursue another career'? flooding the work force with more workers has a negative effect on wages, flooding it with illegals that don't pay taxes eliminates any 'real american' from any chance of employment, unless of course, they decide to work for cash too! I don't blame the immigrants, but do see a huge problem not being addressed.
 Rumours
Msg: 16
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 8:11:01 AM
I would think the "real Americans" hiring these illegals are the people you should be going after.
What's ironic...is most of Trumps staff at Maralogo etc......are illegals.
Bets?

Up here we have a labor board which dictates all workers wages are paid equally, according to experience/levels or there can be charges or even a shut down of business. Even farm labor.
Plus, they can not work without a social insurance number and pay taxes.
Go after your government if you don't have protection.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 17
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 8:21:24 AM

According to the survey, these are 5 hardest positions to fill when it comes to finding workers:
Information technology workers
Executive talent and leadership
Sales and marketing professionals
Engineering workers
Manufacturing and logistics staff

https://www.goodcall.com/news/companies-struggle-finding-workers-five-fields-08445

What are the jobs that are being taken by refugees ? As for hiring illegals who receive cash and take those low paying jobs that "real Americans" are apparently dying to fill, blame the employers who illegally hire the illegals and punish them where it hurts the most.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 18
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 8:44:19 AM
I agree! I do not blame the immigrants. I do not have a solution but definitely feel addressing it is needed. claiming they are jobs we didn't want is not the answer. replacing the working class with illegal immigrants might be politically correct but what about all those that were replaced? are they not people too?
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 9:56:01 AM
OP ...

will they be turned away by our border agencies or military?
I can't decide how I feel about this. I can't imagine living in the atmosphere they are fleeing.

will a percentage sneak across?
Keeping in mind what they are fleeing and what they leave behind (pretty much everything they own and treasure) ... I have to believe I might try sneaking across.

If you needed to flee for safety of your life and family, wouldn't you hope someone would give you asylum?

Did you complain about all the Somalians that were given (still are being given) asylum?
Did you complain about the Somalians being flown into our country by air? (They arrive here with boat loads of belongings even though they claim they too are leaving in fear of their lives. They apparently have all kinds of time to organize their belongings for shipping and arrange for and apply for Welfare, etc. prior to ever leaving Somalia.)
Did you complain about them being able to step off the plane and go straight into Welfare housing ... without having to wait to be processed as our own "American citizens" must do?
Did you complain about the Somalians being put directly on Welfare, Food Stamps, Medicaid?
Did you complain about the Somalians being given full funding for obtaining college education ... tuition, books, lab fees and transportation to and from school (which my American citizen daughter can't get even though she has been working since she was 14 and paying taxes)?

Is this just a protest or political stunt?
I don't think it's either and it makes me wonder what the purpose of this thread is when I read that.

I'm all for legal immigration.
I'm all for harsh penalties for people who break the law....
especially ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
Well if that's the case, then you need to be concerned about all the "illegal immigrants" that have arrived here via jet (probably economy class) and have over-stayed their visas with no intent of ever leaving. There are thousands of them and they did not swim into our country or run through a dangerous desert to get here ... just an FYI!

We have ways to come here legally.
Yes, and believe it or not, that includes crossing into the US and requesting asylum ... which is what those people want to do.

This caravan seems to me, to be a stunt to pressure us
into relaxing or changing our laws to suit foreigners.
No ... they are doing it the right way. They are merely marching in great numbers for their own safety ... "safety in numbers".

care to discuss?
It will be great if you are truly looking for discussion and correct information.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 20
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 12:41:55 PM
If people who are looking for asylum were to arrive on the shores of the U.S. by dinghy-like some Cubans do-would the anti-immigrant people say "Let them stay out in the ocean and don't offer to rescue or help them"? People who are willing to travel hundreds or a thousand miles or more by foot with nothing but the clothes on their back, hoping for a better life than the shthole country they left, are not doing it with the dream of taking jobs away from Americans. or any other nefarious reasons the alt-right make up.
 LGL1975
Msg: 21
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 5:19:12 PM

this has Republicant written all over it.

Both parties are owned by the rich. And they obviously want their puppet Donald Trump to have a republican majority. So he can ram through their hidden agenda. That is why democrats are throwing the election by encouraging the radical left to go out and hurt people. It's all a psyop to get people to vote republican.

I'm thinking the same with the pipe bombs

It was probably a Bernie supporter. A more intelligent liberal who can understand that Hillary, Wasserman and the other democrats are shills that prevent America from having a real progressive candidate.

johnfromzelie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/25/2018 7:11:24 PM

hoping for a better life than the shthole country they left, are not doing it with the dream of taking jobs away from Americans. or any other nefarious reasons the alt-right make up.
those seeking asylum are a small portion of our illegal immigrants. many others are here for the sole purpose of getting a better job! keep denying that MANY blue collar jobs are gone and eventually the workers who lost their jobs will have no choose but to elect a president that will acknowledge there is actually a problem! oh wait, that already happened! just deny it some more and all those workers will vote trump again, when he is gone, the next could be even worse. why the hell would anyone make up a story that illegal immigrants took their jobs? most of my blue collar friends never even voted....until now!!
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 23
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/26/2018 3:21:46 AM
Cotter - 19
Well if that's the case, then you need to be concerned about all the "illegal immigrants" that have arrived here via jet (probably economy class) and have over-stayed their visas with no intent of ever leaving.

I see cotter that you are still spouting your bullshit again

Did you complain about all the Somalians that were given (still are being given) asylum?

This is the best example of your ignorance and stupidity. If they were given asylum it means that the U.S. gave them permission to stay. I hope you aren't confused by the truth but if you are it would be best you take up knitting and keep you're racist views to yourself.

Did you complain about the Somalians being flown into our country by air? (They arrive here with boat loads of belongings even though they claim they too are leaving in fear of their lives.

boatloads of belongings? Well if they're flying where are they putting those boats? In the overhead compartment? Now tell everyone whether you're ignorant of geography or lying to prove your point. I'm going to try and use small words so you understand the following.

Somalia is on the east coast of Africa and this is how they would get to the US by boat. In order to get to the west coast they would have to cross the Indian and Pacific oceans. In a boat? To get to the east coast they would have to go around the horn of Africa and cross the Atlantic ocean. In a boat? I would suggest you cover your ignorance of the world around you by now claiming they've been stealing cruise ships.

Did you complain about them being able to step off the plane and go straight into Welfare housing ... without having to wait to be processed as our own "American citizens" must do?

Now I'm thinking you're delusional. That is one of the stupidest statements I've ever read on the forums. Until they are processed by Immigration, they are housed by Immigration. How would they get into welfare housing before they are told they can stay. Everyone knows that's how it works in the US except you apparently. Try another lie.

Did you complain about the Somalians being put directly on Welfare, Food Stamps, Medicaid?

I'll have to ask, is this a fantasy or a lie? Care to share with us how you aquired this knowledge. Make sure you use a legitimate website and not some whack job site to support this crap.

Did you complain about the Somalians being given full funding for obtaining college education .

Once again nothing but a fantasy since you've provided no evidence to support this ridiculous claim.

Here are the numbers though I'm sure it will not change your racist views

Somali's living in the US - 130,000

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=ACS_15_5YR_B04006&prodType=table

A large number of the Somali immigrants settled in Minnesota, which in 2002 harbored the largest population of Somalis in North America. Many of the newer arrivals came through voluntary agencies (VOLAGS) contracted with the State Department, who helped them settle in.

By 2006, Somalis in the state accounted for $164–$394 million in purchasing power and owned 600 businesses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Americans

Any idea cotter how many non racist Americans would lose there jobs if all 600 busnesses were shut down? Care to make up a number?

Now here is number that will demonstrate how pathetic your views are. Hopefully your're able to process it.

It found that nearly 93,000 Canadians crossed into the U.S. legally and then stayed beyond their deadline to leave—the highest number of any country. The total dropped roughly 22 per cent from 2016, when visa overstays from Canada surpassed 119,000.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/more-canadians-in-u-s-overstayed-visas-than-any-other-foreigners-last-year-report-1.4047809

Care to whine about us evil Canadians next?
 platitude545
Msg: 24
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/26/2018 3:40:33 AM
"""why the hell would anyone make up a story that illegal immigrants took their jobs?""

Because the complexities of the economy are beyond them and they are easy prey for scapegoaters like trump. Fact is the loss of blue collar jobs, especially in fly over america, has little to do with immigration, illegal or not.

""I hope you aren't confused by the truth but if you are it would be best you take up knitting and keep you're racist views to yourself.""

She is far too ignorant to know how ignorant she is.

""care to discuss?""

You lost me when you claimed the holocaust never happened and then wanted to debate it.

""That is why democrats are throwing the election by encouraging the radical left to go out and hurt people. It's all a psyop to get people to vote republican.""

Wierd.
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 10/26/2018 7:16:41 AM
Message 23 ...

Cotter - 19
Well if that's the case, then you need to be concerned about all the "illegal immigrants" that have arrived here via jet (probably economy class) and have over-stayed their visas with no intent of ever leaving.
I see cotter that you are still spouting your bullshit again
Nope ... students from other countries and people here on work/study programs overstay their visas on a regular basis. They do not arrive by running through a desert ... they arrive by plane. There are thousands of them and tRump never bothers to mention them and how illegal they are.

This is the best example of your ignorance and stupidity. If they were given asylum it means that the U.S. gave them permission to stay.
Yup ... that is the point I was making ... by being granted asylum, they are given permission to stay.

The people in the caravan are asking for asylum ... asking to be given legal permission to stay. Got it. That's what I was saying! (Who's ignorance and stupidity are you referring to?)

I hope you aren't confused by the truth but if you are it would be best you take up knitting and keep you're racist views to yourself.
Not sure what you consider the truth ... but in this case, you are the ignorant one.

You are either so stupid that you did not understand what I was writing or you are so hell-bent on trying to make someone else look stupid that you showed your own ignorance.

For anyone else that did not understand the point I was making, I was stressing that Somalians are indeed living here because they were granted asylum. And that is the legal way they got here. That is how the people in the caravan are "legally" planning to enter the US.

My point is that if people do not complain about the US granting the Somalians asylum, then WHY would they complain about granting the people in the caravan asylum?

Did you complain about the Somalians being flown into our country by air? (They arrive here with boat loads of belongings even though they claim they too are leaving in fear of their lives.
boatloads of belongings? Well if they're flying where are they putting those boats? In the overhead compartment? Now tell everyone whether you're ignorant of geography or lying to prove your point. I'm going to try and use small words so you understand the following.
Again ... I would venture to say that you are the ignorant one. You are probably unaware of all the things the Somalians brought with them. That's okay ... ignorance is bliss.

I used the expression "boat load" of belongings as a comparison to what the people in the caravan are bringing with them ... basically the clothes on their backs. Believe me, the Somalians arrived with a whole hell of a lot more things. Their departure from Somalia was well-planned and orchestrated so that they did not have to leave with just the clothes on their backs. Isn't that wonderful? Bet you didn't know that ... eh?

They did not have to trek thousands of miles with just the clothes on their back and mothers with just the milk in their breasts for their babies.

is is how they would get to the US by boat. In order to get to the west coast they would have to cross the Indian and Pacific oceans. In a boat? To get to the east coast they would have to go around the horn of Africa and cross the Atlantic ocean. In a boat? I would suggest you cover your ignorance of the world around you by now claiming they've been stealing cruise ships.
It's apparent that you were so hell-bent on trying to make me look like a fool that you made yourself look like a fool. LMAO ... took my words literally!

Now I'm thinking you're delusional. That is one of the stupidest statements I've ever read on the forums. Until they are processed by Immigration, they are housed by Immigration. How would they get into welfare housing before they are told they can stay.
Actually, since you were not here and did not experience it, you might be the "delusional" one. That's okay ... you just didn't know better.

Here in Columbus, Ohio ... second largest Somali population in the US ... they have a special center that liaises with other centers / organizations in Somalia to prepare for all the arrivals. There, they get a list of Somalis preparing to seek asylum and they process all the paperwork so that when they step off the plane, they really do have immediate housing, etc.

The Somalis really did step off the plane (here in Columbus) already enrolled on Welfare, stepped into fully furnished apartments stocked with food, already enrolled on Food Stamps and already enrolled on Medicaid.

Everyone knows that's how it works in the US except you apparently. Try another lie.
Sigh ... you might think you know how it all works, but it's clear you do not.

I am repeating myself (perhaps), but I worked very closely with the new arrivals, and so (again) it appears you really don't know it all ... after all.

I had/still have personal contact with many of them, worked with them, took care of them. I know a lot more about how they got here, why they are here, what they got when they arrived ... etc. They told me and they had no reason to lie. Our nursing agency knew months ahead who was coming and what their needs would be. Somalis did not arrive via caravan with just the clothes on their backs. Their arrivals here were well-orchestrated.

I'll have to ask, is this a fantasy or a lie? Care to share with us how you aquired this knowledge. Make sure you use a legitimate website and not some whack job site to support this crap.
Nope ... not a fantasy ... and not a lie. I'm sure you may be beginning to regret your post ... but probably not.

Like it or not, here in Columbus, Ohio ... second largest Somali population in the US ... they have a special center that liaises with other centers / organizations in Somalia to prepare for all the arrivals. The Somalis really did step off the plane (here in Columbus) already enrolled on Welfare, stepped into fully furnished apartments stocked with food, already enrolled on Food Stamps and already enrolled on Medicaid.

Often, a nurse from our home health agency was one of the first to greet them and get them enrolled (through Medicaid) on to their home health service plan. I was one of those nurses. I was one of the nurses that visited them on a regular basis ... I was one of the nurses that filled their med planners and arranged their doctor visits.

Did you complain about the Somalians being given full funding for obtaining college education .
Once again nothing but a fantasy since you've provided no evidence to support this ridiculous claim.
Nope ... I used to have to arrange my home visits around their travel and school hours. Often the people who were supposed to translate for us were those students ... they were not my patients. They spoke English well and explained how they got their benefits.

I checked into it and it was verified that qualified asylum seekers could cash in on those benefits.

Here are the numbers though I'm sure it will not change your racist views
FYI, I know what the numbers are and just by the way ... the Somalians are my dear friends / co-workers / patients. I am not racist.

I merely pointed out how we welcomed them and granted them asylum and now the people in the caravan are being treated so much differently when they too need asylum.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan