Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should I stop texting her?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spartacus2019
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should I stop texting her?Page 1 of 1    
I know what I am going to say might sound stupid, but gonna say It anyway. I've been talking to a girl and although It's still just a online thing, I got really interested in her, since we share a lot of things in common and she is really pretty. I asked If she would go out with me and she said yes and even invited me to meet her parents.

The problem is she lives in a different city, 3 hours from me, and at the moment It would be a big investment of money(hotel, food etc) and time for me to go to visit her...

But there's a thing I realized... She likes playing games. For example, one time I didn't answer her call because I was having lunch(I told her), she got really mad and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day(she later apologised). She also won't initiate conversations(altough our conversations are always great)...

And today I sent her a text saying "Good morning" and she ignored It and proceeded to post a photo of her saying "Good morning" to somebody else(what was that for?)... only several minutes later she answered and since I got pissed I sent a message only hours later(she got mad because of this too).

And now she is probably waiting for me to start a conversation(she won't do It) something I am not really willing to do...

Should I give up on this one?
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Should I stop texting her?
Posted: 10/26/2018 8:33:12 PM
YES! you haven't even met and only text, why play games this early in the game. you sound like a couple of high school kids and if so, find someone at your own school.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 9:06:53 AM

I've been talking to a girl and although It's still just a online thing, I got really interested in her, since we share a lot of things in common and she is really pretty. I asked If she would go out with me and she said yes and even invited me to meet her parents.

Strange. You've been talking Online to a gal you never met, and she agreed to meet you -- but invited you to meet her parents before ever meeting you? WTF? :)

The problem is she lives in a different city, 3 hours from me, and at the moment It would be a big investment of money(hotel, food etc) and time for me to go to visit her...

Nothing's truly real until After you Meet. You're putting a lot of emotional stock into having this weird pen-pal that plays games with you. Sure, you hang around a lot kissing her feet, you won't need too much luck to actually meet her in person once or twice. Obviously she's interested in Guy Attention, as she gets PO'd if you don't reply promptly.

Some gals who are weary about meeting a guy but want to talk a lot before meeting them, fail to realize They are the ones carrying a Problem. When she's pretty to the guy, he'll fail to realize it's a dumb situation in and of itself, and he'll many times want to convince himself how it isn't That bad, when, yeah, it is pretty messed up.

Move on, man. You have to initiate things, she "finds" ways to get ticked at you, and lives 3 hours away, which isn't going to work for a real dating relationship anyway. Punt the ball. The world doesn't revolve around you. You're just wasting your time. :)
 whiterose0
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:09:34 AM
She was just using you for ego gratification purposes, and when you wouldn't play along, she decided to start a game of one-upmanship with you to "get even".

Don't feed into her b.s. any longer. Cut her off, and block her from further contact.
 PollyR107
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 4:02:13 PM
To answer your headline, yes, you should give up. Nothing is real until you meet. Don’t get too emotionally invested before that. Both of you behave like teenagers. Unless you want dramas in your life, look elsewhere.
 lnitia
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2018 7:43:03 PM

you sound like a couple of high school kids and if so, find someone at your own school.
JF this is too funny- and so apropos !!
 ssm508
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 4:56:38 PM
Yes. Move on. Find someone that lives closer and doesn't get mad because the OP didn't immediately return her call.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 6:06:34 PM
Is she 14?? sounds like it. Dont date immature women.
 hemingway234
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:14:40 AM
Decide how far you want to travel for a date and then only talk to those women - and then meet asap.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 12:52:46 PM
"But there's a thing I realized... She likes playing games."

She likes games.... seems you do too! You are putting up with it, allowing it and continue to engage in this infantile behavior. You don't reward people for bad behavior. You're groveling already and you haven't even met her.

She is ignoring you trying to make you jealous... that is a MANipulation. It's what some people would call a "shit test" She is testing you to see how much shit you will put up with. You are making good grades, passing for sure.

For all you know at this point you could be chatting up a catfish. Have you chatted on facetime or video? She might be a heifer looking for attention and attention only. They say don't hate the player, hate the game. In this case I would say GAME OVER!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should I stop texting her?